Texasav8r

If You Have Been Transferred...Please Post Here (K-1)

2,233 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Got text and email on 8-19-14 @ 9;00

NOA 1 May 8

Transfer August 11

The I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

OMG this is really fast! Congrads

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not sure any of you saw this post but this was from last year and just explains what the different notifications mean.

Case Transfers

Current as of July 2013.

Many posts are being made about transfers, and what these emails/notifications mean.

(I dropped a post in the K1 Forum but it has to do with Service Centers, so I'll post one here too)

If you filed a K-1 petition received a notice that looked like one of the following, your case has been transferred to another Service Center.... NOT your local office. Local offices do not process I-129F petitions. The method of transfers applies to all case types, however whether it was transferred to your local office depends on your case type. You should receive an Notice Of Action Transfer (NoA-T) in the mail telling you where your file was transferred within two weeks of the electronic notification or case update on the USCIS website.

This transfer is usually a good thing. A transfer will occur when a Service Center is backlogged and cannot keep up with the influx of petitions, so they transfer the backlogged cases to another service center so those people can be processed in a timely manner. If you were told you have to wait another 180 days -- this is incorrect. Many Tier 1 Immigration Officers (the first people you talk to when you call the customer service number) are given a script to read from, which more often than not contains misinformation. They do not have access to any information that you, yourself cannot find online by either checking your case status or what is available on the USCIS website. Your case will be processed by receipt date, at the speed of the adjudicator processing it, and influenced by the complexity of the case.

In many cases there will be three notifications when a case is transferred.

The first notification will contain something like this:

On July 10, 2013, we transferred this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

This means that USCIS has sent your electronic file to the other office. Every time your file is handled by someone they have to scan it (to track where it is and who last handled it so they know who is responsible if anything come back with an issue), when they scan it if there are updates regarding your case (transfer, RFE, typographical error, inquiry, etc) there will be an accompanying message.

The second notification will typically be a few hours after and will contain something like this:

On July 10, 2013, we transferred your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

This means that USCIS has mailed your physical file to the Service Center that will be processing your case moving forward.

The third notification will be about a week later and will contain something like this:

The I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

This means the Service Center that is processing your file has received the physical file and will begin processing once the adjudicator picks up the batch (based on received date).

Within a week you should receive an NoA-T in the mail, which will look like this (private information has been supplemented by sample info):

29q0avq.jpg

What does this mean for me?

This means that for most straight forward cases you may see your NoA2 or an RFE within a month or two. If your case is not straight forward or your case got flagged, it may take longer. Keep in mind every case is different. If you are outside the standard processing times you should contact the USCIS Customer Service line and ask to speak to a Tier 2 Immigration Officer. You should make sure your case wasn't lost in the shuffle, and that it is being worked on. Find out if you missed any notifications or if there is something that you can do to help move it along. Some immigration officers can be quite rude, so always remember to be as polite as possible. These people are overloaded with work and they're just people too. Be clear, concise, and to the point. They are busy people and their time is valuable.

So I can expect to get approved in a month or two?

This is the United States Government. Nothing is a guarantee. You might hear back in a month or two... You might not. It might be an approval, it might be an RFE, it might even be a denial. A lot of cases which were transferred in the past from the VSC to the TSC were adjudicated within 4-6 weeks. Follow the forum posts stay alert, and watch the progress of people within your Service Center to get an idea of what is going on. The speed of who is getting their cases adjudicated has to do with the complexity of the case, whether you're beneficiary is in a high fraud risk country, and the speed in which the adjudicator themselves work.

I am a <Month> filer from that Service Center and I didn't get transferred, should I be worried?

No. The Service centers tend to transfer people in batches. Your case may have already been assigned to someone, or they transferred files between X date and X date, and your file was not within that range. Many times when the files are transferred approvals from both service centers are soon to follow. Don't worry until you're outside of the standard processing time. You can see when your case was last touched, and if it was touched prior to the transfers, chances are you were already assigned.

How do I check to see if my case was "touched"?

If you haven't created an account on the USCIS website you can do so here. If you have you can log into your profile from here (make sure you choose "Customer" for the user type). Once you're logged in you'll see a page that resembles the image below. The "last updated" date shown below is the last time your file has been "touched".

4rcmc8.png

How do you know what the messages mean regarding the electronic and physical files? Nothing in the messages indicates this.

I called a Tier 2 Officer and asked him to explain the transfer process. He explained that for transfers the first email you get is the electronic notification, the second was the actual mailing of the physical files and the third was when the Service Center your files are being transferred to has received the physical files.

Edited by d3adc0d3, 15 July 2013 - 01:57 PM.

prettyjackie's Photoprettyjackie

08 Aug 2013

Timeline

MY F JUST FILED JULY 9, 2013, IT WAS ON ACCEPTANCE BY JULY 12, 2013.. THEN WE GOT NOA1 HARDCOPY NOTICE DATE IS JULY 16, 2013..THEN JULY 22, 2013 ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER WAS CHANGE. WHEN I CHECK MY CASE STATUS AUGUST 7, 2013( YESTERDAY) I SAW THE MESSAGE WAS CHANGE BUT STILL UNDER INTIAL REVIEW. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS? NOA2 SOON??

"On August 6, 2013, we transferred your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed."

d3adc0d3's Photod3adc0d3

13 Aug 2013

Timeline

According to this Alert on the USCIS website:

http://www.uscis.gov...000082ca60aRCRD

Starting the week of July 29, 2013, USCIS began redirecting all newly filed Forms I-129F from the VSC to the TSC. The receipt notice will bear a TSC receipt number beginning with "SRC". The case will be processed by the TSC. The CSC will continue receiving Forms I-129F.

JEWELLA's PhotoJEWELLA

13 Aug 2013

Timeline

on the USCIS website it stated that myI129F was transfer August 9,2013,but my fiance never receive any text messages,email or a notification NOA-T) in the mail.I wonder if it got anything to do with me cause i sign up directly to USCIS website for status update with my address and now comparing your screen shots i had the notification off plus no U.S number.do you think that as anything to do with no being notify of whats going on?

prettyjackie's Photoprettyjackie

13 Aug 2013

Timeline

JEWELLA, on 13 Aug 2013 - 3:40 PM, said:

on the USCIS website it stated that myI129F was transfer August 9,2013,but my fiance never receive any text messages,email or a notification NOA-T) in the mail.I wonder if it got anything to do with me cause i sign up directly to USCIS website for status update with my address and now comparing your screen shots i had the notification off plus no U.S number.do you think that as anything to do with no being notify of whats going on?

he need to choose the YES in accepting email or Yes on mobile.. sign in to ur account again and check if done clicking the YES.

JEWELLA's PhotoJEWELLA

13 Aug 2013

Timeline

prettyjackie, on 13 Aug 2013 - 6:51 PM, said:

he need to choose the YES in accepting email or Yes on mobile.. sign in to ur account again and check if done clicking the YES.

Thank you!

Lanu's PhotoLanu

04 Sep 2013

Timeline

d3adc0d3, on 15 Jul 2013 - 1:54 PM, said:

Case Transfers

Current as of July 2013.

Many posts are being made about transfers, and what these emails/notifications mean.

(I dropped a post in the K1 Forum but it has to do with Service Centers, so I'll post one here too)

If you filed a K-1 petition received a notice that looked like one of the following, your case has been transferred to another Service Center.... NOT your local office. Local offices do not process I-129F petitions. The method of transfers applies to all case types, however whether it was transferred to your local office depends on your case type. You should receive an Notice Of Action Transfer (NoA-T) in the mail telling you where your file was transferred within two weeks of the electronic notification or case update on the USCIS website.

This transfer is usually a good thing. A transfer will occur when a Service Center is backlogged and cannot keep up with the influx of petitions, so they transfer the backlogged cases to another service center so those people can be processed in a timely manner. If you were told you have to wait another 180 days -- this is incorrect. Many Tier 1 Immigration Officers (the first people you talk to when you call the customer service number) are given a script to read from, which more often than not contains misinformation. They do not have access to any information that you, yourself cannot find online by either checking your case status or what is available on the USCIS website. Your case will be processed by receipt date, at the speed of the adjudicator processing it, and influenced by the complexity of the case.

In many cases there will be three notifications when a case is transferred.

The first notification will contain something like this:

This means that USCIS has sent your electronic file to the other office. Every time your file is handled by someone they have to scan it (to track where it is and who last handled it so they know who is responsible if anything come back with an issue), when they scan it if there are updates regarding your case (transfer, RFE, typographical error, inquiry, etc) there will be an accompanying message.

The second notification will typically be a few hours after and will contain something like this:

This means that USCIS has mailed your physical file to the Service Center that will be processing your case moving forward.

The third notification will be about a week later and will contain something like this:

This means the Service Center that is processing your file has received the physical file and will begin processing once the adjudicator picks up the batch (based on received date).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks for that giant wall of text there. It took forever to scroll down on my phone. You could have just linked the post again even though most of us saw it the first time they linked it here and then the second time they linked it lol

I still haven't received my hard copy. I'm getting worried. Not because it's needed, but now I'm worried about getting our NOA2 when the time comes. My status hasn't changed from being transferred to my "local office", either. Why haven't Texas people gotten their hard copy? That's just weird. I know that one guy got his like 4 days after the transfer. But there's quite a few of us in Texas who haven't gotten theirs. This whole process is just so unstructured and unorganized.

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got a third email about being transferred.

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Initial Review

The I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you

​Still no hardcopy. No idea where my application is. This is nerve wracking!

A journey of 2855KM begins with a single step.

-NOA 2 9/26/2014 Finally

Can someone please tell me how long does it take it for USCIS to ship petition to NVC? Can someone please provide me a number i need to ring for case number?

Can someone please tell me how long does it take it for USCIS to ship petition to NVC? Can someone please provide me a number i need to ring for case number?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just received the following : I filed April 17th. Transferred August 11th, however not sure where to. I have not received hard copy either.

Wrong thread. But an answer would be found: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/509995-got-a-text-message-they-sent-my-noa2-to-nvc-today/

Edit: & congrats!

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Got a text just now, The I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. But, still no hard copy!!!! April 23 NOA!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for that giant wall of text there. It took forever to scroll down on my phone. You could have just linked the post again even though most of us saw it the first time they linked it here and then the second time they linked it lol

I still haven't received my hard copy. I'm getting worried. Not because it's needed, but now I'm worried about getting our NOA2 when the time comes. My status hasn't changed from being transferred to my "local office", either. Why haven't Texas people gotten their hard copy? That's just weird. I know that one guy got his like 4 days after the transfer. But there's quite a few of us in Texas who haven't gotten theirs. This whole process is just so unstructured and unorganized.

Lol!!!! Tried to copy and paste just part of it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Got the same email as everyone about our petition being processed at a USCIS office, no hardcopy yet, but I don't care about it anymore haha!

Got the same email as everyone about our petition being processed at a USCIS office, no hardcopy yet, but I don't care about it anymore haha!

2014-05-08 Sent I-129f
2014-05-12 I-129f received
2014-05-15 Received NOA1 email
2014-05-19 Received NOA1 hardcopy
2014-09-10 NOA2 Approved
2014-09-30 Package Left from NVC
2014-10-06 Received by Embassy
2014-10-31 Interview, Approved.
2014-11-03 Picked up visa.
2014-12-25 POE Ft. Lauderdale

2015-01-02 Wedding

---AOS---

2015-01-09 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

2015-01-12 AOS package received

2015-01-14 Email received: Case accepted and routed

2015-01-15 Check cashed

2015-01-20 Received NOAs in the mail

2015-02-07 Received Biometrics letter in the mail

2015-02-19 Biometrics Appt in Raleigh office.

2015-03-13 EAD and AP approved

2015-03-19 EAD and AP sent

2015-03-21 Received EAD/AP combo card

2015-03-26 Received 2nd Biometrics appointment for Charlotte office

2015-04-08 2nd Biometrics

2015-06-15 Received NPIW dated 06-11

2015-08-01 Green Card Approved

2015-08-03 Welcome Letter Mailed

2015-08-07 Welcome Letter Received

2015-08-22 Card Mailed

2015-08-26 Card Received

2015-11-20 Enlisted in the USMC

2016-02-16 Shipping date to bootcamp

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

On August 19, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Our petition is approved just now yayyyyy

Congratulations!! :)

Edited by SMJA

USCIS Stage

Marriage: 3/7/15

I-130 Sent: 5/29/15

NOA1: 6/2/15

NOA2 (approval): 12/01/15

NVC Stage (CR1)

NVC Received Case: 12/30/15

DS-261 Submitted: 1/11/16

Paid AOS fee: 1/13/16

Paid IV fee: 1/22/16

AOS & IV Package sent: 2/3/16

NVC Scan Date: 2/5/16

Case Complete: 3/8/16

NVC email w/Interview Letter: 3/10/16

Interview Date: 4/21/16

Interview Result: Approved!!

I-751: Removing of Conditions

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Converting out of state driver's license (MA)

http://www.massrmv.com/rmv/license/9oos.htm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey...I'm a April 17 filer. I got notified that I was transferred from TX on Aug. 11 (no hard copy but I'm on vacation) and got a text and email tonight saying that I've been transferred. Like other posters, I assume that means they got the hard copy of file. I also am assuming CA at this point. Fingers crossed!

I-129F sent:04/01/2014

Package Accepted:04/14/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):04/17/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):04/20/2014

Case Transferred: 08/11/2014, again 8/19/2014

Case Transferred: 09/13/2014

RFE Received: 9/19 email & text, post 9/22
RFE Returned: 9/24, rec'd by USCIS 9/26

NOA2(Email&Text): 10/06/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received): 10/09/2014

NVC Arrived:

NVC Left:

Medical Date:

Packet 3 Received:

Packet 3 Faxed or emailed:

Packet 4 Received:

Packet 4 Faxed or Emailed:

Interview(Approved):

Visa in Hand:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Got the second update today that my I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. I received the hard copy notice last week Friday.

USCIS Stage

Marriage: 3/7/15

I-130 Sent: 5/29/15

NOA1: 6/2/15

NOA2 (approval): 12/01/15

NVC Stage (CR1)

NVC Received Case: 12/30/15

DS-261 Submitted: 1/11/16

Paid AOS fee: 1/13/16

Paid IV fee: 1/22/16

AOS & IV Package sent: 2/3/16

NVC Scan Date: 2/5/16

Case Complete: 3/8/16

NVC email w/Interview Letter: 3/10/16

Interview Date: 4/21/16

Interview Result: Approved!!

I-751: Removing of Conditions

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Converting out of state driver's license (MA)

http://www.massrmv.com/rmv/license/9oos.htm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Those who have been transferred to CSC, PLEASE update your timelines for the transfer so as not to mess up Igor's List!! Thank you!

K1 Journey: AOS Journey:

March 25, 2014: I-129f sent. April 16, 2015: Date filed.

April 1, 2014: NOA1 received & check cashed. April 22, 2015: NOA received.
April 2, 2014: Alien Registration Number changed.
Sep 16, 2014: NOA2 - Petition approved!
Sep 23, 2014: Case shipped to NVC.

Oct 01, 2014: Case arrived at NVC.

Oct 03, 2014: Got our case number!

Oct 06, 2014: Left NVC.

Oct 17, 2014: At the Embassy.

Oct 22, 2014: Packet 3 received.

Nov 03, 2014: Packet 3 sent.

Nov 11, 2014: Medical examination.

Dec 2, 2014: Packet 4 received.

Dec 8, 2014: Interview! (Approved!!!)

Dec 10, 2014: Visa received!!!

Jan 22, 2015: US Entry!

Feb 22, 2015: Happily ever after! :-)

April 16, 2015: Filed Adjustment of STatus.

April 22, 2015: AOS NOA received.

May 14, 2015: Biometrics appointment.

October 09, 2015: AOS approved!

September 05, 2017: Lifting conditions filed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.