AshleyHsu

K1 approved but Administrative Processing ????

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I went to my interview on july 31th, and I got approved the same day, also they took my passport. and when I check CEAC status on Aug 1st, It was on "Ready". but I know it takes few days to put the visa on and send me passport back. but today Aug 7th, I check on CEAC again, and the status changed to the "Administrative Processing". I freak out a lot. Me and my fiance searching on web and VJ and see a lot of ppl had same experiences to this. and no one can say the exactly time of how long it should be "issued".

I know there is some problems of the technical visa issue of the USA lately, can someone tell me please is this why the " Administrative Processing " so long? because it got effect by the problems?

Can someone please tell me or share if you have the same experiences, Thank you!!! ...cause we already book my flight ticket on Sep 22nd, the day they told me visa approved, and same as my family, they wanna go see my court wedding . and everything just been planed as soon as I know my visa is approved.

I am really worry to sick now :crying:

5/27/2014 - I-129f sent

6/5/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy - CSC

6/20/2014 - CSC Status changed to " Post Decision Activity "

6/25/2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

7/8/2014 - NVC Left

7/11/2014 - Taiwan Consulate Received

7/14/2014 - Packet 3 Received

7/15/2014 - Medical Exam

7/31/2014 - Interview day ( waiting..... (L) )

7/31/2014- VISA APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

No need to freak out! AP after approval is very normal and once your approved packet is put together, you will get it! be happy you got approved! Congrats to you!

Hi everyone,

I went to my interview on july 31th, and I got approved the same day, also they took my passport. and when I check CEAC status on Aug 1st, It was on "Ready". but I know it takes few days to put the visa on and send me passport back. but today Aug 7th, I check on CEAC again, and the status changed to the "Administrative Processing". I freak out a lot. Me and my fiance searching on web and VJ and see a lot of ppl had same experiences to this. and no one can say the exactly time of how long it should be "issued".

I know there is some problems of the technical visa issue of the USA lately, can someone tell me please is this why the " Administrative Processing " so long? because it got effect by the problems?

Can someone please tell me or share if you have the same experiences, Thank you!!! ...cause we already book my flight ticket on Sep 22nd, the day they told me visa approved, and same as my family, they wanna go see my court wedding . and everything just been planed as soon as I know my visa is approved.

Don't worry. Administrative Processing is a normal step. In some consulates this process just to print and issued a visa whereas in some others like the US embassy in Islamabad, AP means security background check for a beneficiary. I was under AP for 2 days before my status on CEAC changed to "Issued".

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Well, I dont want worry you, maybe you are in ap by the data base problem, there many delays cause of that, maybe they sent you back the passport for the delay.

About flight , never book a flight before have the visa in hand.

Here is my history: I had my interviw on march 18 , everything was good , I was approved without problem, I dont have criminals records, I dont have justice problems or police problem.

They approved me, and took my passport and I paid the delivery servise for passport.

On march 24 I was put in ap, I though that was going to be short, but I am here waiting my passport with the visa, now it is 4 months that they have my passport and they no say nothing.

The vad thing when they put you in ap is that they dont give any information, only they say just wait

And realy we can do nothing, onky wait.

I hope that you be lucky and they call you to drop the passport to consulate soon and they issued the visa soon.

Until they dont ask you by the passport dont wait that your status will change to issued, they need the passport to issue the visa.

I hope that they call you soon

While just wait, and dont be crazy, here there are people waiting months, years on ap.

Hi everyone,

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiance had his interview on April 1, 2014 and was approved. they took his passport and asked him to return in 7 days for his passport. When he returned they said it wasn't ready yet. I checked the site only to find out that we are in AP. Today April 8th makes it exactly 4 months we are in AP, and this is well before the "glitch". So I would encourage you to be patient. US embassies advises that we do not make any flight plans until we receive the passport in hand. I pray you get through in the name of Jesus.

My fiance had his interview on April 1, 2014 and was approved. they took his passport and asked him to return in 7 days for his passport. When he returned they said it wasn't ready yet. I checked the site only to find out that we are in AP. Today April 8th makes it exactly 4 months we are in AP, and this is well before the "glitch". So I would encourage you to be patient. US embassies advises that we do not make any flight plans until we receive the passport in hand. I pray you get through in the name of Jesus.

I dont understand why they do that, they approved and then put in ap, without a reason.

At least they must tell us why we are in ap.

I am 4 months in ap next 24 it will be 5 months.

I have met person here who are in ap years, 1, 2 , 3, , 4 and 5 years !!!!!!!!!!!

I was surprice of that but yes I have spoken with them, and they say that they dont know why ap but they are waiting years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

As long as your status changed to Non immigrant Ready and then non immigrant AP..it all normall. Expect it to change to issue soon.

03/04/2014- I-129f Sent

03/11/2014- NOA1 Received via email/text

03/13/2014- Alien Registration number changed.

05/22/2014- NOA2 text message receive Approved in 72 days!! :dancing:

06/03/2014- NVC Case number received.

06/06/2014- CEAC status changed to "In transit"

06/10/2014- CEAC Status changed to Ready

06/16/2014- Packet 3 Received via email after I submitted an inquiry through website

06/26/2014 - Packet 3 sent

07/04/2014- Packet 4 Received Via Courier service

07/07/2014- Medical Done

07/16/2014- Interview(Approved!!!) :dance:

07/18/2014- CEAC Status update- Ready changed to Non-Immigrant

08/09/2014- CEAC Status update- AP

08/11/2014- CEAC Status Update- Issued

08/23/2014- Visa In hand

08/25/2014- POE chicago!!! :D

08/28/2014- Married! :luv:

AOS

2014-10-15 AOS/EAD/AP Mailed
2014-10-24 NOA1
2015-01-07 EAD/AP Combo Card Received

2015-03-17 Received Potential Interview Waiver Notice

2015-10-01- EAD Renewal request submitted

2016-07-21- AOS denied- we missed our interview in October 2015 because we didn't receive the interview letter and we were not notified via numerous service requests and senator inquiry placed after our missed interview appointment.

2016-08-17- I290B- Motion to reconsider filed by the lawyer.

2016-12-08- Motion to reconsider denied

Now starting the whole process again and refilling I-485.

Timeline

Don't worry. Administrative Processing is a normal step. In some consulates this process just to print and issued a visa whereas in some others like the US embassy in Islamabad, AP means security background check for a beneficiary. I was under AP for 2 days before my status on CEAC changed to "Issued".

Thank you!!! and i just found out that my status was "Ready" on Aug 1st. but changed to "AP" on august 8th. Hope I can get it changed to issued next week. cuz everything been really smooth for us.. and i wish there isnt a problem in the end.. thank you so much!!!

No need to freak out! AP after approval is very normal and once your approved packet is put together, you will get it! be happy you got approved! Congrats to you!

Thank you!! I am happy.. I know its all gonna work out.. thank you!!

5/27/2014 - I-129f sent

7/8/2014 - NVC Left

7/15/2014 - Medical Exam

Timeline

Well, I dont want worry you, maybe you are in ap by the data base problem, there many delays cause of that, maybe they sent you back the passport for the delay.

About flight , never book a flight before have the visa in hand.

Here is my history: I had my interviw on march 18 , everything was good , I was approved without problem, I dont have criminals records, I dont have justice problems or police problem.

They approved me, and took my passport and I paid the delivery servise for passport.

On march 24 I was put in ap, I though that was going to be short, but I am here waiting my passport with the visa, now it is 4 months that they have my passport and they no say nothing.

The vad thing when they put you in ap is that they dont give any information, only they say just wait

And realy we can do nothing, onky wait.

I hope that you be lucky and they call you to drop the passport to consulate soon and they issued the visa soon.

Until they dont ask you by the passport dont wait that your status will change to issued, they need the passport to issue the visa.

I hope that they call you soon

While just wait, and dont be crazy, here there are people waiting months, years on ap.

Thank you! but they already took my passport away the day on my interview. and specific told me " We will put the visa on your passport and send it back to you " ... but I am still super worry abt how long this "AP" gonna take..

5/27/2014 - I-129f sent

7/8/2014 - NVC Left

7/15/2014 - Medical Exam

Timeline

Thank you... I really need to stay positive on this..

I dont understand why they do that, they approved and then put in ap, without a reason.

At least they must tell us why we are in ap.

I am 4 months in ap next 24 it will be 5 months.

I have met person here who are in ap years, 1, 2 , 3, , 4 and 5 years !!!!!!!!!!!

I was surprice of that but yes I have spoken with them, and they say that they dont know why ap but they are waiting years.

I hope u can get urs issued soon!!!! and all others !! let's pray together!!!

As long as your status changed to Non immigrant Ready and then non immigrant AP..it all normall. Expect it to change to issue soon.

Thank you so much!!! so have ur visa changed to issue yet??

5/27/2014 - I-129f sent

7/8/2014 - NVC Left

7/15/2014 - Medical Exam

I cross the fingers for you, I hope that they issued your visa soon.

They have my passport 4 months now.

I hope that you ap doesnt take long.

I dont wish this waiting time to nobody.

It is terrible be on ap long time. I hope your ap be by the delays at the data base.

Thank you! but they already took my passport away the day on my interview. and specific told me " We will put the visa on your passport and send it back to you " ... but I am still super worry abt how long this "AP" gonna take..

The "reason" for AP is checking that the beneficiary is not a terrorist, nor has links to terrorism.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

The "reason" for AP is checking that the beneficiary is not a terrorist, nor has links to terrorism.

I know that , but why take so long?

There are people in ap for years.

They dont have the competance to do their job shortly?

That show that they dont have capacity to work.

I know one person in ap for 4 years and seven months, in that time they can find the informations from all people around the world.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.