Meghan&Andrey

Department of State System Screwup..

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

knowing you're getting close to the end and hear "you're going to have to wait more" definitely doesn't sounds any good. Really frustating. I hope they can put their s... together. It's getting ridiculous. Backlogs, problems on visa stage.... jeez America.

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah, the way the system keeps crashing, they have to block print visas with a hand held plaster of Paris mold in future;-)

Hahaha seems it would be more efficient that way!

knowing you're getting close to the end and hear "you're going to have to wait more" definitely doesn't sounds any good. Really frustating. I hope they can put their s... together. It's getting ridiculous. Backlogs, problems on visa stage.... jeez America.

I know..all these poor people. I've enlisted my friends and family in signing a petition to call attention to the CSC/TSC crisis but there's nothing we can do for all the people stuck in limbo at the visa stage now. My fiance' even said they've blasted on the news that America isn't giving out ANY visas because of the issue. Wonderful PR we have..

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiancee and I are in Ciudad Juarez right now, we had no idea about this issue. We flew here on Sunday..did the medical and yesterday we went for fingerprints, there we were told they were canceling all interviews until farther notice to check back at 3pm to see when we were going to be reschedule....we went back and they told us to just go with our normal schedule date and time. We had our interview Today and GOT APPROVED thank god! but now they told us we have to wait at least 3 weeks to receive our visa here in Juarez! we had plan to cross into El Paso and from there fly to Chicago but now we don't know what to do! I was really hoping to take her and the baby back with me to the states and now I have to fly them back to Guadalajara and wait for the visa there which more than likely its going to take even longer than the 3 weeks and fly solo home! :cry::cry: and waaait once more.....I recommend to those who have upcoming interview dates here in Juarez to check with the consulate first before flying! My fiancee heard Today they were canceling interviews until the 11th of August ...wether thats true or not we don't know but after what we went through yesterday with them almost canceling for today I would think there is some truth to that...It is very expensive and very tiring to be here in this boarder city, save your money and avoid the frustration by calling asap... good luck to all....

Filed: Timeline

There's been a lot of info regarding the crash, it only effects visa applicants. I-129f's are petitions, not visa's. This only affects those at NVC-consulate stage who have their K1 visa being processed.

I Had my interview on July 29th, we were approved. at the end they told my in Paris about that problem.

since then i have my visa status on ceac.state.gov, changed twice : ready and now administrative processing. all sound normal regarding the prob.

they set a new system for payment fees and other stuff, i guess all work well

we have a tracking number so we'll check on it everyday, i stay confident. they told me it started 10 days ago already they won't make it harder, they have to fix it lol

I know when I received my NOA1 and I didn't post this for me. It says, "Have y'all seen this" because I haven't seen any discussion about it. I hope the delay isn't too bad. I just reported what the government agency ACTUALLY said.

Do you mean this? Posted 24th July? About 14 pages worth of discussion?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/507032-not-good-news-glitch-crashes-global-us-passport-visa-operations/

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Do you mean this? Posted 24th July? About 14 pages worth of discussion?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/507032-not-good-news-glitch-crashes-global-us-passport-visa-operations/

What about it? Did I see that before I posted? No. Does it change anything that they created it 5 days before mine? No.

Don't quite get where the negativity & attitude from people is coming from when all I did is post something informative.

Edited by Meghan&Andrey

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Not sure where you are getting all this "negativity" from, no one here has been negative but yet informative. I sure as hell know I wasn't being rude to you but you sure were quick to jump my a$$. Get over it, so you wanted to inform us on something that happened a week ago. What answer did you want from us?? "OHHHH nooooo thats awful!!" There you got your damn answer. Now that my friend is an example of negativity!!

Jan 22 2014-NOA 1

June 2 2014- RFE through Email

June 6th 2014- Received RFE in mail then sent back with response through overnight mail

June 13th 2014- NOA2 through email

June 17th 2014- Received email notification that package is on it's way to NVC

June 18th 2014- Received NOA2 letter in mail

June 25th 2014- NVC received

June 26th 2014- Case number assigned

June 30th 2014- Case left NVC, on way to Germany!

July 2nd 2014- Case arrived in Germany

July 9th 2014- Received packet #3

July 9th 2014- Over nighted packet #3 back to Embassy

July 24th 2014- Interview approved

WAITING FOR VISA GLITCH TO BE FIXED, RESCHEDULING FLIGHT

August 4th- Administrative Processing

August 5th- ISSUED!

August 6th- Picking up Visa, and flying out.

August 9th-Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The news as of July 31 today still says they are processing and printing about half of non-immigrant visas and still prioritize immigrant visas...

The messages posted by the OP do not state that K1 are being affected.....the DOS just answered that Visas can be delayed...that is the canned answer.

Lets see if anyone gets visas in the next few days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Whoever the OP is they dont seem to recognize the difference between the 129F USCIS process and the DOS visa issuance process....

There is no "normal processing time" for DOS visa issuance...

The answers from the DOS are not specific and do not say K1 is being affected....they are just the standard answers from the press release.

Timeline

Not sure where you are getting all this "negativity" from, no one here has been negative but yet informative. I sure as hell know I wasn't being rude to you but you sure were quick to jump my a$$. Get over it, so you wanted to inform us on something that happened a week ago. What answer did you want from us?? "OHHHH nooooo thats awful!!" There you got your damn answer. Now that my friend is an example of negativity!!

You started talking about my timeline personally & all I did was say that I knew when my NOA1 date was & that I was posting it to ask if everyone else has seen it. I was never jumping on you & I'm sorry if it appeared I was. I don't know why you're being so hostile but if you're looking for a fight, please take it somewhere else.

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hahaha mmmhmmm yeah sure

Jan 22 2014-NOA 1

June 2 2014- RFE through Email

June 6th 2014- Received RFE in mail then sent back with response through overnight mail

June 13th 2014- NOA2 through email

June 17th 2014- Received email notification that package is on it's way to NVC

June 18th 2014- Received NOA2 letter in mail

June 25th 2014- NVC received

June 26th 2014- Case number assigned

June 30th 2014- Case left NVC, on way to Germany!

July 2nd 2014- Case arrived in Germany

July 9th 2014- Received packet #3

July 9th 2014- Over nighted packet #3 back to Embassy

July 24th 2014- Interview approved

WAITING FOR VISA GLITCH TO BE FIXED, RESCHEDULING FLIGHT

August 4th- Administrative Processing

August 5th- ISSUED!

August 6th- Picking up Visa, and flying out.

August 9th-Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.