augusta23

Is wife entitled to some of my tax refund money?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you give her money every month to pay for general expenditures? Does she go shopping and buy fancy shoes or does she spend it on the children? It's impossible to give an answer without more information.

Do you give her money every month to pay for general expenditures? Does she go shopping and buy fancy shoes or does she spend it on the children? It's impossible to give an answer without more information.

no i don't give her money and she takes care of the kids needs.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

:pop: This will be interesting..

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

She is your wife and mother of your kids. I would say she became entitled to anything she needs the moment you said 'I do'.

Legally she is probably entitled to at least ½ of everything you own.

so if i keep all the money is illegal?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is the kind of thing that fuels long term resentment and spawns divorce. If she gets a divorce later in the marriage the court will likely punish you for this unfair treatment. I would advise treating her better.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

i work wife doesn't, she is a stay at home mom taking care of the house and kids, wife wants money from my tax refund i think not who's right?

Your wife may not receive a pay check but she certainly works. She becomes entitled to half of the assets by law depending on how long she was married in many states. I suppose how much she is worth to you is about to be determined by a cash settlement which I find incredible.

I agree with Aaron.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.