742 posts in this topic

I thought that straightforward waiver cases didn't go to the local office, only ones found more complicated upon re-examination? I thought the whole idea was to alleviate pressure on the local offices?

Well that's what our congressman's letter said.

Previous Visa & EAD/AP Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline

22 March 2014 - Sent I-129F

See timeline for data in between these dates.

24 June 2014 - Interview

25 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

26 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Issued

01 July 2014 - Received Visa

POE & Marriage

03 July 2014 - POE (BWI airport)

14 July 2014 - Marriage

Advanced Parole (I131)Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
31 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
27 September 2014 - EAD Combo Card Received

Employment Authorisation (I765) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
20 September 2014 - Card in Production Update
22 September 2014 - Card in Production Update Again
25 September 2014 - Card Sent Update (Another update came later that day with USPS tracking code)
27 September 2014 - Card Received

Adjustment of Status (I-148) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
24 July 2014 - Acceptance - Fingerprint fee accepted and case processed at Nebraska Service Center
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
26 August 2014 - Biometrics Done
12 November 2014 - Notification of Potential Interview Waiver (NPIW) Received
26 March 2014 - Cleveland Field Office is requesting my file from NBC.
23 April 2014 - Green Card Ordered!

Avatar Photo by Henry Mühlpfordt / CC-BY

Still sitting at Acceptance since July 28...

Mine too

I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox: 09/03/2013

USPS Delivery Confirmation:09/05/2013

NOA1 hardcopy: 09/14/2013

Alien Registration Number: 09/24/2013

NOA2 email: 11/12/2013

NOA2 hardcopy: 04/14/14 ( I received it after 5 months, because i went to my congress and they get it for me)

TSC ships to NVC: 12/13/2013

NVC rec'd: 12/23/2013

NVC left: 12/30/2013

Consulate Received: 01/3/2014

Packet 4 Received: 03/24/2014 (E-mail)

Interview DATE: 04/23/2014

Interview Result: APPROVED :dancing: :rofl:

Visa in Hand: 05/02/2014

POE: JFK 05/02/2014

Wedding: 05/30/2014

Sent AOS (I485, I765, I131) : 07/19/2014

Received Text and Email with Case number: 07/25/2014

NOA I485, I765, I131 Hardcopy: 7/28/2014

Biometric R'cvd: 8/06/2014

Biometric Appt.: 8/19/2014

Interview Waiver letter R'cvd: 1/03/2015

WELCOME LETTER R'cvd: 06/09/2015

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 06/15/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Finally had our interview in Phoenix today. All went well except for the fact that they never received our packet from the port of entry. We are now having to get another medical done before they will adjust status...so frustrating.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Finally had our interview in Phoenix today. All went well except for the fact that they never received our packet from the port of entry. We are now having to get another medical done before they will adjust status...so frustrating.

Congratulations though :)

Hope our interview-waivers don't have to wait for too long

tomorrow's my interview in Santa Clara, CA.. I hope and pray everything's gonna be fine :)

AOS TIMELINE

07-14-14: Mailed AOS packet via USPS express mail

07-15-14: AOS packet delivered

07-17-14: Got email notification from USCIS

07-21-14: received 3 NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP) from the mail

07-28-14: received biometrics appointment letter (schedule on 08-11)

08-11-14: biometrics done

08-19-14: status is on "Testing and Interview"

09-11-14: EAD/AP approved

09-19-14: EAD/AP combo card received

10-06-14: case status update - interview scheduled on 11-06-14

10-08-14: received interview notice in the mail

11-06-14: Interview (Approved)

11-06-14: case status update "Card/Document Production"

11-07-14: case status update "Welcome Notice was Mailed"

11-13-14: case status update "Card was mailed to Me"

11-15-14: received GC and Welcome letter

ROC TIMELINE:

09-07-16: mailed I-751 packet

09-09-16: ROC packet delivered

09-14-16: check cashed

09-16-16: NOA received

09-26-16: Biometrics appointment received

10-12-16: Biometrics done

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

All the very best Guys!! Do share your experiences with those interviews. :secret:

But ’tis a common proof
That lowliness is young ambition’s ladder,
Whereto the climber upward turns his face.
But when he once attains the upmost round,
He then unto the ladder turns his back,
Looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees
By which he did ascend.
- Julius Caesar
--------------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

07/02/2014 Forms sent via FedEx to USCIS in Chicago, IL

07/08/2014 USCIS Filing Fees accepted

07/09/2014 NOA texts and emails

07/12/2014 Received NOA in mail

07/18/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment NOA for 7/31

07/31/2014 Biometrics @ 5220 S Pulaski - Completed!

08/04/2014 Testing and Interview

09/02/2014 EAD Approved and Card in Production (62 Days from filing)

09/04/2014 AP Approved (64 Days from filing)

09/09/2014 EAD/AP Mailed

09/10/2014 EAD/AP "Combo" Card Received

01/12/2015 Text for 485 Adjustment Received (Interview Schedule)

02/17/2015 Interview Scheduled (230 Days or 7 months and 15 days from filing)

02/17/2015 Request for Original Document

02/24/2015 Original Document Shown and Green Card Approved for Production

03/04/2015 Green Card Arrived Via USPS

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline

01/03/2017 Forms and paperwork sent in to California.

01/09/2017 NOA1 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Congrats to everyone who had their interview! Can you guys please list a full checklist of what you brought to your interview? My husband's interview is on the 18th so we want to start planning now!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Congrats and Good luck to everyone who has their interview :D I was wondering how many people were still on "acceptance"? My AOS status hasn't changed since the end of July, even though I had my biometrics on August 22nd and I already got my EAD.

Congrats to everyone who had their interview! Can you guys please list a full checklist of what you brought to your interview? My husband's interview is on the 18th so we want to start planning now!

I just had my interview today, these are the things I brought (original and photocopies):

MINE

1. Passport with visa

2. Interview Appointment Letter

3. Fingerprint Appointment Letter

4. NOA1 of AOS

5. My papers from K-1 visa processing: I-129F NOA1&NOA2, Letter from US Embassy Manila

6. Marriage Certificate

7. Birth Certificate

8. I-94

9. SSN card

10. EAD card

from my USC husband (original and photocopies):

1. Birth Certificate

2. Certificate of Naturalization

3. US Passport

4. Divorce Decree

5. Custody papers of his daughter

6. 2013 ITR & W-2

7. Employment Letter

8. Recent (2months) pay stubs

9. papers which contains my name as a beneficiary: health insurance, 401K, life insurance

we bought pictures from our wedding and from our vacation in los angeles and san diego..

the interviewer was a Filipino so we were comfortable talking to each other. Questions asked from me: complete name, birthdate, address, and the yes or no questions from the AOS papers like if you are a terrorist, communist etc.. and he also asked us how we met, how many times did my husband visit me when I was in the Philippines (like we were in our K-1 visa interview hahahaha) then he asked my hubby about his work, what's his specialty (coz he's a chef), what is a sous chef's job. then he asked if we brought some proof of joint assets and he took the copy of the health insurance, 401K and life insurance. He also scanned our photo album and he asked if he can take some of the pictures to include in our file (I guess he took 5 pictures) After that he explained about the conditional green card about filing for removal of conditions within 90days before it expires. Lastly, He gave me a letter explaining that my case will still be reviewed and they will send me a letter if it is approved then my green card will follow.

My appointment was 1pm and we went out of USCIS at 2pm.. and at 2:30pm I received an email (case update) it already went to card production. Oh well, I guess I'm approved.hahaha Thank God!

AOS TIMELINE

07-14-14: Mailed AOS packet via USPS express mail

07-15-14: AOS packet delivered

07-17-14: Got email notification from USCIS

07-21-14: received 3 NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP) from the mail

07-28-14: received biometrics appointment letter (schedule on 08-11)

08-11-14: biometrics done

08-19-14: status is on "Testing and Interview"

09-11-14: EAD/AP approved

09-19-14: EAD/AP combo card received

10-06-14: case status update - interview scheduled on 11-06-14

10-08-14: received interview notice in the mail

11-06-14: Interview (Approved)

11-06-14: case status update "Card/Document Production"

11-07-14: case status update "Welcome Notice was Mailed"

11-13-14: case status update "Card was mailed to Me"

11-15-14: received GC and Welcome letter

ROC TIMELINE:

09-07-16: mailed I-751 packet

09-09-16: ROC packet delivered

09-14-16: check cashed

09-16-16: NOA received

09-26-16: Biometrics appointment received

10-12-16: Biometrics done

Congrats and Good luck to everyone who has their interview :D I was wondering how many people were still on "acceptance"? My AOS status hasn't changed since the end of July, even though I had my biometrics on August 22nd and I already got my EAD.

Same here. My husband and I both got our EADs, and I got my AP. The status hasn't changed for either of our AOS or his AP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I just had my interview today, ......... and at 2:30pm I received an email (case update) it already went to card production. Oh well, I guess I'm approved.hahaha Thank God!

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Congrats!! I'm really happy that you guys are finally done, at least for 2 years lol.

I'm so nervous! I've never tested well lol. The thought of my husband being taken away from me just because an officer feels like it heart wrenching for me.

So we have everything that you stated(also adjusting from k-1), but I feel like we don't have a lot of "joint documents."

This is what we have:

Bank statements:

• Joint Account from Bank of America
  • Credit Card with him as an authorized user from Bank of America (2 different credit cards)
    • It could only be authorized because he had no credit history, so the bank said it was a good way to build credit for him
  • Credit Card with him as an authorized user from Chase
    • It could only be authorized because he had no credit history, so the bank said it was a good way to build credit for him

Pictures:

• Many, many pictures from dates, family events, Religious Holidays, and marriage ceremony
  • Pictures from my trip to pick him up and bring him to the US
    • Family pictures, dates, etc.

Journal:

• Detailed, documented journal of all my experiences since Jan 2013

I am still an undergraduate at the University of California, Berkeley. Due to this, we still live with my parents and I do not have a job. So I cannot apply for any joint insurance yet. We also do not have a lease or any utilities because my parents pay for everything. They are kind enough to give us a head start in life. I am graduating this December and we plan on moving out right away. I also have job interviews set up in December. So until then I won't have anything of that nature. This is what I am worried about? Will it be okay?

Also, we only had a marriage ceremony with our elder family memebers because truth be told we are not rich and simply can't afford one. If we want can we throw a party later on? Like a grad party combo lol

BTW by the time our interview takes place we will only have been married for 4 MONTHS.

I just had my interview today, these are the things I brought (original and photocopies):

MINE

1. Passport with visa

2. Interview Appointment Letter

3. Fingerprint Appointment Letter

4. NOA1 of AOS

5. My papers from K-1 visa processing: I-129F NOA1&NOA2, Letter from US Embassy Manila

6. Marriage Certificate

7. Birth Certificate

8. I-94

9. SSN card

10. EAD card

from my USC husband (original and photocopies):

1. Birth Certificate

2. Certificate of Naturalization

3. US Passport

4. Divorce Decree

5. Custody papers of his daughter

6. 2013 ITR & W-2

7. Employment Letter

8. Recent (2months) pay stubs

9. papers which contains my name as a beneficiary: health insurance, 401K, life insurance

we bought pictures from our wedding and from our vacation in los angeles and san diego..

the interviewer was a Filipino so we were comfortable talking to each other. Questions asked from me: complete name, birthdate, address, and the yes or no questions from the AOS papers like if you are a terrorist, communist etc.. and he also asked us how we met, how many times did my husband visit me when I was in the Philippines (like we were in our K-1 visa interview hahahaha) then he asked my hubby about his work, what's his specialty (coz he's a chef), what is a sous chef's job. then he asked if we brought some proof of joint assets and he took the copy of the health insurance, 401K and life insurance. He also scanned our photo album and he asked if he can take some of the pictures to include in our file (I guess he took 5 pictures) After that he explained about the conditional green card about filing for removal of conditions within 90days before it expires. Lastly, He gave me a letter explaining that my case will still be reviewed and they will send me a letter if it is approved then my green card will follow.

My appointment was 1pm and we went out of USCIS at 2pm.. and at 2:30pm I received an email (case update) it already went to card production. Oh well, I guess I'm approved.hahaha Thank God!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.