Malawi

Is non-immigrant visa possible?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
What does it mean by: We are sorry we cannot issue you a visa because, you are found ineligible: You are not qualify for DV lottery because your form was filled in an error.

This information was given after an interview appointment has been schedule, immigrant visa visa fee had been paid and bio-metrics has also been taken by consular officer at the US embassy.

Can i still qualify to receive non-immigrant visa, If i decided to visit a family member in the US?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When you file for the non immirant visa you disclose you were denied the DV visa. It doesn't prevent you from getting a visitors visa but shows that you would like to live in the US ( already a presumption at the NIgerian interviews )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline

Sorry for the disappointment. Well, to be able to successfully overcome future challenges, you must fully understand what the error is... Since they say it was an error, you should be fine. But make sure to identify the error so you don't repeat it again. However, the bar for non-immigrant visa for you will be relatively higher for two reasons: (1). You already had an intent to immigrate and (2). You have family tie to the U.S. Nothing is impossible though. Goodluck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to Diversity Lottery Visas Forum~

~similar topics are often discussed there~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Sorry for the disappointment. Well, to be able to successfully overcome future challenges, you must fully understand what the error is... Since they say it was an error, you should be fine. But make sure to identify the error so you don't repeat it again. However, the bar for non-immigrant visa for you will be relatively higher for two reasons: (1). You already had an intent to immigrate and (2). You have family tie to the U.S. Nothing is impossible though. Goodluck

Thank you very much for the reply.

this is the content of the letter:

This office regret to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa bicos you have been found ineligible.

After careful review of your application, it has been determined that you filled out the application incorrectly. You are therefore not eligible to participate in the DV program.

Sincerely,

American Consular Officer.

Please, could the above refusal affect my application for study visa in the US?

Since i was not eligible to participate in the DV program. Does it still mean i have intention of immigrating?

Thank you.

Thank you very much for the reply.

this is the content of the letter:

This office regret to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa bicos you have been found ineligible.

After careful review of your application, it has been determined that you filled out the application incorrectly. You are therefore not eligible to participate in the DV program.

Sincerely,

American Consular Officer.

Please, could the above refusal affect my application for study visa in the US?

Since i was not eligible to participate in the DV program. Does it still mean i have intention of immigrating?

Thank you.

First - there is always a presumption of intent to immigrate that has to be overcome for any non-immigrant visa to be issued (this is on the dept of state website).

Second- you obviously filled in a DS230 to get the interview - so not only is there a presumption of intent but you have actually clearly demonstrated that intent. It doesn't go away because you were denied a visa! Under the circumstances I think you will have a tough time with a student visa application- they will probably look at it as: you were denied a DV visa so now you are looking for a back door way in. You will have to be able to show them that you have strong ties to your home country so that you will come home again at the end of it. Are you able to do that?

By the way i have to say I have never heard of a letter like that from the US consulate. Can I just confirm that you attended an interview at the US consulate and were refused there?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

First - there is always a presumption of intent to immigrate that has to be overcome for any non-immigrant visa to be issued (this is on the dept of state website).

Second- you obviously filled in a DS230 to get the interview - so not only is there a presumption of intent but you have actually clearly demonstrated that intent. It doesn't go away because you were denied a visa! Under the circumstances I think you will have a tough time with a student visa application- they will probably look at it as: you were denied a DV visa so now you are looking for a back door way in. You will have to be able to show them that you have strong ties to your home country so that you will come home again at the end of it. Are you able to do that?

By the way i have to say I have never heard of a letter like that from the US consulate. Can I just confirm that you attended an interview at the US consulate and were refused there?

Can you please send me your e-mail address so that i can send you a scan copy of the letter.

I was confused with content of the refusal letter, that is why i want to be certain may be it is DV disqualification letter or visa refusal letter.

Thank you

Can you please send me your e-mail address so that i can send you a scan copy of the letter.

I was confused with content of the refusal letter, that is why i want to be certain may be it is DV disqualification letter or visa refusal letter.

Thank you

No, sorry but I don't give my email to random people on the internet.

It doesn't really matter anyway what the refusal reason was at this point: what matters is that you applied for an immigrant visa and you were denied. That means you have clearly demonstrated immigrant intent, you could not get an immigrant visa, and now they will be even more suspicious than usual of any non-immigrant visa applications you make.

Filed: Timeline

The above response is 100% accurate. However, if what you stated above was the exact wording for your refusal, you should have asked the interviewing officer what the error was. Well, I'm beginning to think the error was in your original application for dv lottory itself, but that's one guess. You'll be better off in future immigrant visa if you know what errors you made than being in the dark. Non-immigrant visa for you can be really tough but is possible. Try scanning the denial letter here in the forum it doesn't contain your personal details but I don't know what difference it will make unless it has a more detailed explanation to your case. Try to know what the error is/was seriously.

I think it's clear there was a disqualifying error in the form for DV, which probably means they didn't read the instructions properly, but that's irrelevant now, unless they want to apply for DV again and be more careful next time.

Edited by SusieQQQ

I think it's clear there was a disqualifying error in the form for DV, which probably means they didn't read the instructions properly, but that's irrelevant now, unless they want to apply for DV again and be more careful next time.

Nigeria no longer qualifies for DV - sent more than >50,000 in last 5 years.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** Two posts removed for breaching TOS (personal insult, sweeping statement about a whole nation), and one for quoting same. Acceptable part of one of these posts returned below. Post civilly or do not post. *********

If you can scan a copy of your letter and post it here we may be able to help ( cover over the personal information )

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

I think your case is kind of weird and it really scared me. Why shouldn't you ask them what was exactly the error. I am a DV 2015 selectee, and I am really axious if anything can go wrong. One thing I know the postal index of my address was filled incorrect by the time of my entry in October. but then I filled it correctly in DS-260. Can that be reason for disqualifying?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.