Beautifulday

its been 2 months and the petition isnt at NVC yet

31 posts in this topic

I know sometimes UCIS website is not reliable but you should get this status after USCIS sent your approved petition to NVC. This is my last status regarding my approved petition.

------------------------------

Post Decision Activity

On October 17, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

-----------------------------

You can track further after your case already at NVC and assigned you a case number but you track your case on CEAC website.

I didn't get this update on my USCIS status (I just checked it to make sure), and my fiance has his visa in hand already. I would definitely contact the NVC AND USCIS again. At this point, you need it remedied because your time on your approval is ticking away. :( I'm sorry this has happened. :(

Edited by Tina and Johan

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Make sure when you are calling USCIS that you escalate to a Tier 2 Rep. They can see the date that your petition was shipped to the NVC. Good luck!

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

I didn't get this update on my USCIS status (I just checked it to make sure), and my fiance has his visa in hand already. I would definitely contact the NVC AND USCIS again. At this point, you need it remedied because your time on your approval is ticking away. :( I'm sorry this has happened. :(

Yes, some people did not get an update regularly. When I got approved for my I-129F, I did not get any update via text or email. I found out the approval via USCIS website. This is really weird situation for the OP though I knew some member got her case number almost 2 months after approval. For me, I got my case number 2 weeks from approval date shown on USCIS website. I hope the OP can figure out how to solve her problem.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

120 days. usually.

but that is meaningless, mostly, as the Vice-Consuls are empowered to automatically extend the duration of validity (validity of duration?) in 3 month chunks without any further input.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, some people did not get an update regularly. When I got approved for my I-129F, I did not get any update via text or email. I found out the approval via USCIS website. This is really weird situation for the OP though I knew some member got her case number almost 2 months after approval. For me, I got my case number 2 weeks from approval date shown on USCIS website. I hope the OP can figure out how to solve her problem.

My friend G from C please read and learn as I did. You will be able to help others rather than cause more concern. My case went thru all of this which is how my husband obtained the following info directly from officers at USCIS in person.

The O Ps case is not lost. Her problem is not what she or you think. The real problem is lack of info. That is caused by the system which is dysfunctional in this important area. This causes people a lot of anxiety and pain.

When a case is approved by USCIS the last step is a bar code that is placed on the case file. That code is for use at NVC. USCIS then bundled with others and finally shipped to NVC. That bar code placement means to USCIS that they no longer have the case so checking with them may produce the wrong answer and cause the appearance that they have lost the case.

Once a case is sent NVC it arrives at the mail center. Cases may simply sit there for a time. During that time the case may seem lost at NVC as well. Until the case is scanned into the NVC system they do not recognize that the case is there. It isn't lost; its in limbo.

If an inquiry is made during these times it may reveal a false sense that no one can find that case. This creates a situation where we see people trying desperately contact these politicians ect. Their efforts are so far behind by the time they actually do anything that what they say may be old news. I have no faith in these politicians at all when it comes to immigration matters. They are in fact the same people that haven't done anything about reform for the entire time they have been in office.

In my own case we never got any info from USCIS, NVC nor a U S Senators office even though my husband sent the 9 letters they asked for. They never responded to one. He had to return to the USA twice to sit down with USCIS in two different offices in two States to obtain the info I have given here. In the end my case took a long 408 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

My friend G from C please read and learn as I did. You will be able to help others rather than cause more concern. My case went thru all of this which is how my husband obtained the following info directly from officers at USCIS in person.

The O Ps case is not lost. Her problem is not what she or you think. The real problem is lack of info. That is caused by the system which is dysfunctional in this important area. This causes people a lot of anxiety and pain.

When a case is approved by USCIS the last step is a bar code that is placed on the case file. That code is for use at NVC. USCIS then bundled with others and finally shipped to NVC. That bar code placement means to USCIS that they no longer have the case so checking with them may produce the wrong answer and cause the appearance that they have lost the case.

Once a case is sent NVC it arrives at the mail center. Cases may simply sit there for a time. During that time the case may seem lost at NVC as well. Until the case is scanned into the NVC system they do not recognize that the case is there. It isn't lost; its in limbo.

If an inquiry is made during these times it may reveal a false sense that no one can find that case. This creates a situation where we see people trying desperately contact these politicians ect. Their efforts are so far behind by the time they actually do anything that what they say may be old news. I have no faith in these politicians at all when it comes to immigration matters. They are in fact the same people that haven't done anything about reform for the entire time they have been in office.

In my own case we never got any info from USCIS, NVC nor a U S Senators office even though my husband sent the 9 letters they asked for. They never responded to one. He had to return to the USA twice to sit down with USCIS in two different offices in two States to obtain the info I have given here. In the end my case took a long 408 days.

dang...so what you are saying is that i should just keep on waiting? and keep on calling the nvc asking them if they got it yet?

You have been through this before, so your solution is more useful for the OP. I read before similar situation to the OP and was trying to find the post regarding the situation. Thank you for such valuable information for all of us.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

dang...so what you are saying is that i should just keep on waiting? and keep on calling the nvc asking them if they got it yet?

Ning had been through this before. Please take some time read her post.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

thank you all....im gonna be calling places monday. this needs to be resolved. btw how long is the noa2 valid for? more or less?

Usually 4 months. Did your fiancé receive the NOA-2 by mail? The validation is printed there.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I checked mine it says the same thing as yours. NVC received it after 10 days even got our case number 2 days after they received.

My last post status at uscis website didnt akso indicate that our papers was sent to NVC but luckily it was received.

We got approved May 15, 2014

Edited by eulariomalos

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

There doesn't seem to be an absolute answer to these events but what I said is what we learned while struggling to get thru the maze. Its very hard to deal with. V J creates a place where we can attempt to provide info based on experience in hope we can help.

Its just too hard to sit and wait so I suggest you try everything reasonable keeping in mind what I related here. It may help keep you sane enough to get thru this. I just don't want you or others to think their case is lost. Its incredible that some cases seem to move along at high speed while others like you see here seem totally lost and the people can get no useable info.

Call as you wish. Contact politicians ect. All of that will at least serve to allow you to feel you have done all you could. If you uncover some aspect we don't know please post it.

Timeline

There doesn't seem to be an absolute answer to these events but what I said is what we learned while struggling to get thru the maze. Its very hard to deal with. V J creates a place where we can attempt to provide info based on experience in hope we can help.

Its just too hard to sit and wait so I suggest you try everything reasonable keeping in mind what I related here. It may help keep you sane enough to get thru this. I just don't want you or others to think their case is lost. Its incredible that some cases seem to move along at high speed while others like you see here seem totally lost and the people can get no useable info.

Call as you wish. Contact politicians ect. All of that will at least serve to allow you to feel you have done all you could. If you uncover some aspect we don't know please post it.

so your adivce to me is to wait right

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am in the same boat. My NO2 got approved on April 29th, its been 7 weeks and NVC has not received the case file. I have contacted USCIS and as per them the case file is still at CSC. They have opened a case to investigate as to why CSC has not sent the case file to NVC. As per them I should hear something back by the 24th of this month.

I will keep posting any updates I get form NVC or USCIS.

you do the same.

Hopefully this nightmare will end soon.

Timeline

God...at least we aren't alone. but my fiance just called the nvc again and apparently some really mean person answered with an attitude.

she said she doesnt know what the tier 2 is, and she said "u need to wait 5 weeks sir" with an attitude

and he told her its been 2 months now, and the date of noa2 approval, which is the 18th of april

this is just bullshit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.