emzmcneal

APPROVAL OF MY VISA FROM NVC

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day to the staff on this site. I just want to ask regarding my petition. My Husband have received the letter coming from USCIS that his petition has been approved last April 2014, then the visa will be coming out after 30 days, so my question goes this way. Until now we did not receive any update from the NVC regarding my visa, since the NVS said that it takes 30 day before the approval of the said visa. It's been almost 2 months, so how long it takes before the visa will release or coming out. Thanks hope you will answer my query!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes its over 30 days coz the USCIS approved his petition last April 9 2014. My husband tried to call the NVC but nobody's answer the call. What move we're going to make?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay it was thirty days on the 22th of May I suggest you call or e- mail the national visa center. I tried to look at your timeline to see what step are you exactly, but you have not posted it yet.

nvcinquiry@state.gov

(603) 334-0700

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day to the staff on this site. I just want to ask regarding my petition. My Husband have received the letter coming from USCIS that his petition has been approved last April 2014, then the visa will be coming out after 30 days, so my question goes this way. Until now we did not receive any update from the NVC regarding my visa, since the NVS said that it takes 30 day before the approval of the said visa. It's been almost 2 months, so how long it takes before the visa will release or coming out. Thanks hope you will answer my query!

Okay we need to clear some things up because I think you are confused on some things.

You submitted a I-130 and a I-129F (to get a K3) correct? What got approved?

Once your petition (I assume I-130) is approved by USCIS you get sent to NVC.

Please read the NVC process Wiki http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process you have much to understand.

When you say the Visa will be coming in 30 days, no that is way wrong you have yet to apply for a Visa. You still have to get through NVC, have interview in your country and get approved.

Now have your husband call NVC tomorrow they are open 7am to midnight eastern time to find out if they have even received his case.

Report back what they say. And both of you please read that link I gave.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Yes its over 30 days coz the USCIS approved his petition last April 9 2014. My husband tried to call the NVC but nobody's answer the call. What move we're going to make?

Keep calling NVC. You will be on hold for the long time but eventually they will answer u, just have patient :)

On my case I always wait 45min or more when I call, and better to call than to email them since emails are delayed through their system. I emailed them before if they got our case from uscis but they response after a month and I already got my case # and IIN by calling :)

Have a great day :)

12-09-13: wedding

USCIS

02-03-14: submit I-130

02-10-14: noa1

03-03-14: approved

03-17-14: case shipped to NVC

NVC

03-24-14: nvc receive

05-02-14: lawyer receive email of case # and IIN

05-02-14: pay both aos and iv

05-10-14: both appear paid

05-10-14: ds-260 submitted

05-26-14: both package mailed

05-30-14: nvc received both package

07-03-14: CASE COMPLETE :)

07-09-14: got my INTERVIEW DATE! (By a phone call)

07-10-14: appointment letter receive

MEDICAL AND EMBASSY

07-14-14: medical

07-15-14: result (passed)

08-08-14: interview date (APPROVED)

08-14-14: VISA ON HAND :D

GREEN CARD AND SSN

08-28-14: Paid ELIS

09-09-14: POE. ALOHA HAWAII ;)

09-13-14: SSN received

09-26-14: USCIS GC initial review

09-29-14: produced

10-03-14: GC arrived :))))

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ROC

08-17-16: Sent I-751 package to California Service Center

08-22-16: package delivered

08-26-16: NOA and extension letter received. (Receipt date: 08-22-16)

09-27-16: File a service request online

09-29-16: biometric appointment received

10-14-16: biometric appointment

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to K-3 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

to 'get a visa' -

one has to apply for a visa...

For a K-3 - that's done at Manila IV - filling out forms and paying a Visa Application Fee.

For a CR-1/IR-1 - that's done at the NVC - filling out forms and paying Visa Application Fee and Adjustment of Status Consular Evaluation Fee .

Both require an interview at Manila IV after the Visa Application is accepted.

To be allowed to apply for a visa -

One has to have an approved petition (I-130 or I-130 + I-129F) ...

I am so uncertain (back at post #1) by what you wrote - I've never heard of this visa thing coming in in 30 days after the I-129F petition was approved. Not saying it couldn't happen - it's just that I've never heard of it.

Can help clarify?? I ask - Cause I dislike confusion...

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

sorry - when I wrote 'Adjustment of Status '

I really meant 'Affadavit of Support'

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 3 weeks later...

NVC does not approve visas.

The consular officer at the visa interview does that.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Your case is currently being sent to NVC. Then your spouse will have to submit more paperwork. After that is complete your case will be sent to the embassy where you will have to complete more paperwork and have a medical exam. Then you will have an interview. If everything is good at the interview your visa will be issued. You still have a ways to go before you are eligible to obtain a visa.

Timeline

how many months will NVCc will approve visa form the day file is transferred form USCIS?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498983-approval-of-my-visa-from-nvc/?p=7048997

but that really not answer your question.

It's difficult to answer your question, as NVC does not approve visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.