doshi

FRONT LOADING AT US EMBASSY LAGOS

89 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Vjers,

i know this topic has been long over flogged but my question is who(the petitioner/attorney/beneficiary) should send the paperwork/evidence to the embassy?

how important is this front loading and is it legally/morally right to do it? since the beneficiary will take evidence along to interview anyway or is it a case of share proactiveness?

this link http://www.nairaland.com/1746138/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s#23494455 shows it maynt be necessary as documentary evidence especially for spousal marriage is the least emphasis rather questions on knowledgeability of the spouse is most important.

what are your views guys?????

Timeline

At the USCIS stage, we didn't frontload at all, we just included our marriage certificate and the neccesary forms and we got approved without any RFE. But We plan to frontload a bit at the NVC stage, based on other people's experience that CO might have gone thru the file and make up their mind before the beneficiary shows up at the windown for interview. During the interview, the CO won't have all the hours going thru all the evidences one by one because of the time frame and considering the facts that there are thousands of people waiting to be interviewed.

So in my own view I will suggest whoever wants to frontload can go ahead considering the fact they think of Nigeria as one of the highest visa fraud country.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

IMO, if you want to frontload, the time to do it is at the time of the initial filing of the I-130.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Vjers,

i know this topic has been long over flogged but my question is who(the petitioner/attorney/beneficiary) should send the paperwork/evidence to the embassy?

how important is this front loading and is it legally/morally right to do it? since the beneficiary will take evidence along to interview anyway or is it a case of share proactiveness?

this link http://www.nairaland.com/1746138/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s#23494455 shows it maynt be necessary as documentary evidence especially for spousal marriage is the least emphasis rather questions on knowledgeability of the spouse is most important.

what are your views guys?????

If you do your research and read about those who didn't supply any information with petition. And see denial after denial. This isn't UK or Canada or any other VWP embassy and you are Nigerian you need to act and plan accordingly.

Look at it this way I am a CO and you sent me a marriage certificate, I am to deduce you are a real bonafide couple not for immigration purposes. Not a sham or fraud because you sent me a certificate? Really?

What do you think evidence is for up front? This evidence will leave NVC and be in the hands of the one that will render a decision ion your behalf you going to tell me give them nothing. Read all the reviews on the portal and see the "I had brought all this evidence and they wouldn't even see it".

Evidence showing visits, living together, getting our lives lined up, combining our finances, papers, homes, families. You show that with evidence. At the front is best that's why its Front-loading.

I don't know what you mean is it "legally/morally" right? huh?? what does that mean? You are asked for evidence. And you are assuming you bringing binders and folders full of evidence a CO will look at. Or ask for it. To me a person loaded at interview like a back mule tells me you were ill prepared.

At Lagos alone over 400 people walk through those doors daily for all manner of interviews. Do you really think they have hours to pour over all you brought in? Sure they may ask do you have this or that or more this or that if your petition is lacking. But honestly a thorough petition is one that the CO sees the whole picture and has made their decision. And ask very little questions.

As far as that nonsense on nairaland. Do you really think that person is a for real government employee? On nairaland posting? Why go there and not a notable site like Visajourney? I asked my own question to the CO to smoke them out. Their answer was laughable and I knew then they were a fraud setting people up. Note they debunk everything that has been told to people going through Lagos.

If you want success you front-load with quality evidence that demonstrates an evolution of a relationship.Facetime is #1 evidence always

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No one send evidence directly to the embassy. You may carry stuff to the interview. Too much front loading is a sign of fraud. A huge petition that looks like it is prepared to a popular list on this site looks like fraud. Evidence that is manufactured looks like fraud. ( being on a car that they aren't able to drive ) Evidence that is submitted during the petition should be to support the story of your relationship not a pile of junk that you made to support a list of what is evidence of bona fide relationship

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

At the USCIS stage, we didn't frontload at all, we just included our marriage certificate and the neccesary forms and we got approved without any RFE. But We plan to frontload a bit at the NVC stage, based on other people's experience that CO might have gone thru the file and make up their mind before the beneficiary shows up at the windown for interview. During the interview, the CO won't have all the hours going thru all the evidences one by one because of the time frame and considering the facts that there are thousands of people waiting to be interviewed.

So in my own view I will suggest whoever wants to frontload can go ahead considering the fact they think of Nigeria as one of the highest visa fraud country.

so it is allowed to send extra documents that can prove bonafide relationship that werent sent at the initial USCIS stage to NVC?

I tot NVC had their own schedule of things to send to them that arenot related to docs to prove ongoing and bonafide relationship?

Would it not seem weird to send extra chats and pictures when NVC only gave you an RFI to fix some missing stuff on for 1-864???

IMO, if you want to frontload, the time to do it is with at the time of the initial filing of the I-130.

Now you getting where am drifting at!!!

is it right for someone to frontload after case has been sent to embassy????

Timeline

If you do your research and read about those who didn't supply any information with petition. And see denial after denial. This isn't UK or Canada or any other VWP embassy and you are Nigerian you need to act and plan accordingly.

Look at it this way I am a CO and you sent me a marriage certificate, I am to deduce you are a real bonafide couple not for immigration purposes. Not a sham or fraud because you sent me a certificate? Really?

What do you think evidence is for up front? This evidence will leave NVC and be in the hands of the one that will render a decision ion your behalf you going to tell me give them nothing. Read all the reviews on the portal and see the "I had brought all this evidence and they wouldn't even see it".

Evidence showing visits, living together, getting our lives lined up, combining our finances, papers, homes, families. You show that with evidence. At the front is best that's why its Front-loading.

I don't know what you mean is it "legally/morally" right? huh?? what does that mean? You are asked for evidence. And you are assuming you bringing binders and folders full of evidence a CO will look at. Or ask for it. To me a person loaded at interview like a back mule tells me you were ill prepared.

At Lagos alone over 400 people walk through those doors daily for all manner of interviews. Do you really think they have hours to pour over all you brought in? Sure they may ask do you have this or that or more this or that if your petition is lacking. But honestly a thorough petition is one that the CO sees the whole picture and has made their decision. And ask very little questions.

As far as that nonsense on nairaland. Do you really think that person is a for real government employee? On nairaland posting? Why go there and not a notable site like Visajourney? I asked my own question to the CO to smoke them out. Their answer was laughable and I knew then they were a fraud setting people up. Note they debunk everything that has been told to people going through Lagos.

If you want success you front-load with quality evidence that demonstrates an evolution of a relationship.Facetime is #1 evidence always

good to say the least!

however, permit me to say that not much evidence is requested from the petitioner during the uscis stage and since a relationship is ongoing that is why consulate review of needed docs show what is needed to be brought to the interview.

it worries me why the consulate will spell out tins to bring and still not want to look at it.

i guess that is why they focus on asking pertinent questions that prove knowledge of genuine relationship.

i still believe very strongly that it is not a cast in stone rule to frontload as there have been people who never frontloaded and their interview session didnt drag long.

last question is WHERE DID THIS THEORY OF FRONLOADING ORIGINATE FROM IS IT DOCUMENTS(THAT PROVE ONGOING RELATIONSHIP) SENT TO USCIS, NVC OR DOCUMENTS SSENT TO EMBASSY?

Timeline

No one send evidence directly to the embassy. You may carry stuff to the interview. Too much front loading is a sign of fraud. A huge petition that looks like it is prepared to a popular list on this site looks like fraud. Evidence that is manufactured looks like fraud. ( being on a car that they aren't able to drive ) Evidence that is submitted during the petition should be to support the story of your relationship not a pile of junk that you made to support a list of what is evidence of bona fide relationship

So you advise strongly against it? a strong part of me is kinda against it like 80% as am just wondering what question they wanna ask abt my spouse that i do not know????

my spouse is albeit strongly against it too and believes in the "leave everytin to God"

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

That would be back-loading. Front loading is evidence sent with the petition, up front. Sending additional evidence to the NVC is OK, but there is no guarantee it will get forwarded, and then, if forwarded, not guarantee it will be looked at or considered. Taking updated relationship evidence to the interview is a good idea, but there is also no guaranteed it will be looked at or considered. Actually sending evidence to the Consulate or Embassy directly is virtually useless unless specifically requested to do so.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

That would be back-loading. Front loading is evidence sent with the petition, up front. Sending additional evidence to the NVC is OK, but there is no guarantee it will get forwarded, and then, if forwarded, not guarantee it will be looked at or considered. Taking updated relationship evidence to the interview is a good idea, but there is also no guaranteed it will be looked at or considered. Actually sending evidence to the Consulate or Embassy directly is virtually useless unless specifically requested to do so.

exactly my wife's tot!!!!!

so technically the probability that NVC sends extra documents to prove relationship is very low????

just to help me clear some stuffs a bit.

does uscis send directly to embassy or they send to nvc and nvc to embassy?

What is the routing of documentary evidence to embassy like?

Timeline

so it is allowed to send extra documents that can prove bonafide relationship that werent sent at the initial USCIS stage to NVC?

I tot NVC had their own schedule of things to send to them that arenot related to docs to prove ongoing and bonafide relationship?

Would it not seem weird to send extra chats and pictures when NVC only gave you an RFI to fix some missing stuff on for 1-864???

There's no way you can frontload once the mebassy has received your case file. Some people frontload at the uscis stage and some middle-load at the nvc stage. Some people that I know or read their post here, usually add some evidences when they are sending their documents for the IV stuff to NVC. Like few pictures, proof of joint account or property. Not neccesarily phone conversation or email print out.

In my own case we plan to include about 8-10 pictures from our traditional marriage where we took with both families and the registry pictures. I'll take along our email conversations, call logs, chat print out, and all evidences showing and prooving a bona-fide marriage just in case the co has the time to go thru it all. Don't worry just go along with all kinds of evidence to proof to the co at the time of interview. Entry stamps on your passports showing entry and exit of when you both visited each other, plane tickets, boarding passes, monetary transactions like western union or money gram and anything you can think of.

Timeline

so technically the probability that NVC sends extra documents to prove relationship is very low????

because i know when a petition is "refused" after interview the embassy send to USCIS not nvc right???

Timeline

I didn't say that NVC sending extra evidence to the Embassy had a low probability. Depending on how much, they are highly likely to send it on, but there is no guarantee (saying nothing about probability here) that it will be looked at or considered. I use words for reasons. Interpret literally, not liberally.

The Immigrant Visa Unit at the Consulate or Embassy will "receive" AND "consider" all evidence originally sent with the petition. That original file stays intact, from USCIS through NVC and on to the IV unit. NVC adds to the file before sending to the IV unit abroad. The IV unit can see what was added where, and can choose whether to look at or consider anything not required, that was added at NVC. The Consular Officer is NOT required to consider ANY evidence you wish to add at the interview. That doesn't mean they won't or that it is improbable. They might and they might not. If you want your relationship evidence to be considered, send a carefully considered modest amount with the petition. That is the only thing we refer to here as "front-loading".

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I didn't say that NVC sending extra evidence to the Embassy had a low probability. Depending on how much, they are highly likely to send it on, but there is no guarantee (saying nothing about probability here) that it will be looked at or considered. I use words for reasons. Interpret literally, not liberally.

The Immigrant Visa Unit at the Consulate or Embassy will "receive" AND "consider" all evidence originally sent with the petition. That original file stays intact, from USCIS through NVC and on to the IV unit. NVC adds to the file before sending to the IV unit abroad. The IV unit can see what was added where, and can choose whether to look at or consider anything not required, that was added at NVC. The Consular Officer is NOT required to consider ANY evidence you wish to add at the interview. That doesn't mean they won't or that it is improbable. They might and they might not. If you want your relationship evidence to be considered, send a carefully considered modest amount with the petition. That is the only thing we refer to here as "front-loading".

Well said.

because i know when a petition is "refused" after interview the embassy send to USCIS not nvc right???

Wrong. When refused it is returned to USCIS via NVC.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Wrong. When refused it is returned to USCIS via NVC.

Also correct. The Consular Officer might hand you a paper that says your petition will be returned to USCIS, but it will get there by way of NVC and not quickly either.

You are getting help from people who actually know how the process works. You would be wise to read, comprehend, believe, then act accordingly rather than to argue.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.