kengolive

have nobody out there

33 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Didn't we have this discussion already? That forms mentions NVC. NVC does not deal with DV applicants, so I don't see how on earth that form can be for DV applicants. Also that affidavit of support is NOT the one required for DV applicants in the instances where they do require one, But please do me a favor - call the embassy and clarify with them what DV applicants require. And it would be useful if once you have done that you come back and post the outcome, because much of what you have posted so far could seriously confuse any future Cambodian applicants doing a search on this site.

i'm sorry i didn't mean to make a confusing but i just want to know clearly before i doing for step by step to avoid a mistake and keep as experiences

i'm sorry i didn't mean to make a confusing but i just want to know clearly before i doing for step by step to avoid a mistake and keep as experiences

Really. Stop typing. Don't advise anyone about anything regarding DV.

By all means ask questions, but you need to read and understand the answers. You have plenty of time to get all this straight in your head, but it isn't fair to inflict your confusion on others....

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Filed: Timeline

Really. Stop typing. Don't advise anyone about anything regarding DV.

By all means ask questions, but you need to read and understand the answers. You have plenty of time to get all this straight in your head, but it isn't fair to inflict your confusion on others....

#sloner

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i think you can 't continue to apply for visa since you don't have the petition residing in the U.S

since on the DV instruction are mention that they not responds for house, employment and medical care that mean you have to have a sponsor

see attached for more

This is completely WRONG information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

hi folks

I'm one of the winners of dv2015 but I've got nobody in US, no family no friends.

where should I apply to get my Green Card after I arrive in US? I mean I have no mail address out there.

do you have any suggestion for staying somewhere until I can get my gc and find some good rental offer?

cheers,

Pick a city... just to let you know, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York are very expensive!

A friend of mine won the DV lottery and first came to Houston, Texas.

Once you get there, you can establish a P.O. Box to receive mail. Someone mentioned Craiglist... that's a great place to find a room for rent.

What country are you from, by the way? Maybe you can pick a city where there is a network of people from your country that can help you out in terms of finding housing, jobs, etc.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Go to www.craigslist.com. Pick a decently low living expenses area. Houston works, St. Louis MO works, Kansas City, MO works too. Or just google most affordable places to live in the USA, and figure out what the prices are in that area (example here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/05/most-affordable-places-to-live_n_3875432.html)

Then navigate to the craigslist for that location and find a place. See if you can rent it through PayPal or bank transfer or something. Make sure you rent it as late as possible, but before you submit your form. Then, when you get the immigrant visa, you can come to that location and get the GC from the mail and live there until you get a job somewhere. I know it may be expensive, but you have to move here anyway.

Renting an address works too if that is possible, but I read somewhere that they do NOT accept PO boxes. Good luck! (the church idea is good; also maybe find a friend of a friend of a friend?)

Born in Romania, been living in the US since 2007 (F1 visa)

F1 visa 2007-2011, 2011-2016 - OPT received August 25, 2014

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Simple question but yet no simple answer yet. Wish I could give one! for an address go to usps.com rent a P.O Box and bingo if you only one an address there you have one. Once in the great ol U.S.A you will find your way around no worries keep hope alive!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

hi folks

I'm one of the winners of dv2015 but I've got nobody in US, no family no friends.

where should I apply to get my Green Card after I arrive in US? I mean I have no mail address out there.

do you have any suggestion for staying somewhere until I can get my gc and find some good rental offer?

cheers,

What religion are you? if you don't mind me asking... we just got a brother from Ethiopia that won DV and he landed last week and staying with one of the brothers from the church and we are finding him a job and he is set for everything. So I was asking because like our church when someone comes from another country we set them up with brothers and sisters from the church , find them work until they can go on their own.. So maybe if you are apart of a church usually they can make a phone call and set up everything for you.

Edited by 1lord1faith

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

What religion are you? if you don't mind me asking... we just got a brother from Ethiopia that won DV and he landed last week and staying with one of the brothers from the church and we are finding him a job and he is set for everything. So I was asking because like our church when someone comes from another country we set them up with brothers and sisters from the church , find them work until they can go on their own.. So maybe if you are apart of a church usually they can make a phone call and set up everything for you.

i don't mind. i'm iranian but i have no religion. you guys doing good job out there, good luck with your bright minds :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

i don't mind. i'm iranian but i have no religion. you guys doing good job out there, good luck with your bright minds :)

Thanks! Its hard coming from another country even with family so I know it will be hard with no one. we had someone come from Ethiopia 5 years ago on DV and he has a story to tell. he didn't have anyone like you and found a place to rent, went to school on his own found a job own his own and made his way to our state when he found out there was a church he was familiar. So sorry cant help much with finding a address but I know you will. I have no doubt , take advice from others on here that already said things and im wishing you well!! and your in my prayers... WELCOME!!

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

sorry to butt in... but the green card is sent to some mailing address correct? can this mailing address be anywhere in the world? or does it have to be in USA? I am from Nepal, I live in Stockholm, Sweden now, and i do have relatives and friends in the USA. which should i pick? and where do i specify this address? and can i change this address later?

sorry to butt in... but the green card is sent to some mailing address correct? can this mailing address be anywhere in the world? or does it have to be in USA? I am from Nepal, I live in Stockholm, Sweden now, and i do have relatives and friends in the USA. which should i pick? and where do i specify this address? and can i change this address later?

The GC cannot be sent to any address in the world, it's got to be a US address because the assuption is you intend to live in the US, that's why you want a GC. If you have trusted relatives or friends in the US, you can use either address, and yes, you can always change the address both at the time of your interview and your POE when you arrive for the first time to activate your LPR status.

Filed: Other Timeline

hi folks

cheers,

It seems like the thread has diverted from the main reason why the thread was created

Many people have suggest renting PO box or so but I dont think thats possible as they require a physical verification

It seems like the thread has diverted from the main reason why the thread was created

Many people have suggest renting PO box or so but I dont think thats possible as they require a physical verification

yes of course it is not possible to rent a PO.box without first having at least 2 IDs for verification with USPS.

if it was possible from outside USA, i would never bother to make such an easy question :(

even most of the virtual services require your PHYSICAL address before giving you a vitual one.

i'm looking after a simple and possible solution, it shouldn't be something impossible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.