kengolive

have nobody out there

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi folks

I'm one of the winners of dv2015 but I've got nobody in US, no family no friends.

where should I apply to get my Green Card after I arrive in US? I mean I have no mail address out there.

do you have any suggestion for staying somewhere until I can get my gc and find some good rental offer?

cheers,

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

i think you can 't continue to apply for visa since you don't have the petition residing in the U.S

since on the DV instruction are mention that they not responds for house, employment and medical care that mean you have to have a sponsor

see attached for more

post-185348-0-58521900-1400003155_thumb.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congrats on winning the lotto.

Now comes the time where you start shopping for your ticket and off to American soil you come.

Housing, well you could look at craigslist and see if anyone is offering a room and/or board for the price that you can afford, they also have jobs on that site as well. before you come here I would advise that you start getting an idea as to where you are going and what they have in that area. Dont wait til you get here to start looking cause you will be disappointed. Try to connect with other members of the forum or an organization.

I hope all works out for you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

i think you can 't continue to apply for visa since you don't have the petition residing in the U.S

since on the DV instruction are mention that they not responds for house, employment and medical care that mean you have to have a sponsor

see attached for more

No !

You can sponsor your self if you have enough funds to show at the interview ( assets, bank statments...)

And Not all the embassies require an affidavit of support!

And regarding the physical adress its a must if you succeed at your interview,because they will ship your GC to it !

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Congrats on winning the lotto.

Now comes the time where you start shopping for your ticket and off to American soil you come.

Housing, well you could look at craigslist and see if anyone is offering a room and/or board for the price that you can afford, they also have jobs on that site as well. before you come here I would advise that you start getting an idea as to where you are going and what they have in that area. Dont wait til you get here to start looking cause you will be disappointed. Try to connect with other members of the forum or an organization.

I hope all works out for you

thanks a lot for your kind msg :)

but my current challenge is having an address in US for receiving Green Card. what do you think is a solution for people like me without having any place out there?

see attached for more

This is INCORRECT INFORMATION. DV applicants do not need a sponsor. They are expected to be able to support themselves, which is why it is specified that the US will not provide the above but it does NOT mean a sponsor is required. There are particular instances where a DV applicant cannot prove that they will not become a public charge and these individuals may be asked to provide an affidavit of support before a visa is issued,but these are by far the minority of DV cases.

hi folks

I'm one of the winners of dv2015 but I've got nobody in US, no family no friends.

where should I apply to get my Green Card after I arrive in US? I mean I have no mail address out there.

do you have any suggestion for staying somewhere until I can get my gc and find some good rental offer?

cheers,

You will need an address for the green card to be sent before you can be granted a visa. Suggest you do an internet search to see what other DV applicants in your position have done - there are mailing addresses you can rent. You can change the address at your port of entry too. The green card will be mailed to this address. You don't need to wait for your physical green card to arrive before you do anything; when your immigrant visa is stamped on entry it becomes a temporary green card, and is on the acceptable list of documentation for employers.

Timeline

thanks a lot for your kind msg :)

but my current challenge is having an address in US for receiving Green Card. what do you think is a solution for people like me without having any place out there?

Try to find out if you can manage to hire a PO box !

And I'm sure if you look around in your home country you will surely find som1 that can help you out!

No !

You can sponsor your self if you have enough funds to show at the interview ( assets, bank statments...)

And regarding the physical adress its a must if you succeed at your interview,because they will ship your GC to it !

yes I no there's no petitioner required for DVs and I should got some docs to prove money. ok and I also know that THE SHOULD BE A PHYSICAL ADDRESS, I know and this is why I ASK. what can I do?

could I have virtual address, a PO box, kinek or anything else that works with green card?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yes I no there's no petitioner required for DVs and I should got some docs to prove money. ok and I also know that THE SHOULD BE A PHYSICAL ADDRESS, I know and this is why I ASK. what can I do?

could I have virtual address, a PO box, kinek or anything else that works with green card?

Any post office or UPS store you can pay a monthly fee for a mailbox. Hope you at least have your place (city, state) selected.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

No !

so if someone don't have fund or asset he/she can't apply anymore ?

Timeline

If you haven't got finance, you should probably can convince them that your degrees will help you bounce quickly and support your self...

Now if you are just having a high school diploma with no degrees no work experience no finance ... Your chances to be denied because you might become a public charge are very high !

Timeline

This is INCORRECT INFORMATION. DV applicants do not need a sponsor. They are expected to be able to support themselves, which is why it is specified that the US will not provide the above but it does NOT mean a sponsor is required. There are particular instances where a DV applicant cannot prove that they will not become a public charge and these individuals may be asked to provide an affidavit of support before a visa is issued,but these are by far the minority of DV cases.

You will need an address for the green card to be sent before you can be granted a visa. Suggest you do an internet search to see what other DV applicants in your position have done - there are mailing addresses you can rent. You can change the address at your port of entry too. The green card will be mailed to this address. You don't need to wait for your physical green card to arrive before you do anything; when your immigrant visa is stamped on entry it becomes a temporary green card, and is on the acceptable list of documentation for employers.

ok , but please take a look the attached as i follow the step by step on picture number 2 after i click on the link here and it link to another document that are mention in first step as i mark

please help explain me about this because i live in phnom penh cambodia

post-185348-0-31912800-1400084159_thumb.png

post-185348-0-05997900-1400084164_thumb.png

post-185348-0-10315800-1400084167_thumb.png

It depends. If they think you are young and hardworking for example....you will get a visa.

Let me tell you, I can see for example that many people from places like Kenya and Ethiopia get the visas. Most of these do not have funds or assets, but they are clearly the type of people that are hardworking, will take minimum wage jobs if they have to, and so on. If you are older with no assets it will be harder to convince them I think. It varies so much from person to person and consulate to consulate, this is why there is no standard means for showing that you won't become a public burden.

ok , but please take a look the attached as i follow the step by step on picture number 2 after i click on the link here and it link to another document that are mention in first step as i mark

Didn't we have this discussion already? That forms mentions NVC. NVC does not deal with DV applicants, so I don't see how on earth that form can be for DV applicants. Also that affidavit of support is NOT the one required for DV applicants in the instances where they do require one, But please do me a favor - call the embassy and clarify with them what DV applicants require. And it would be useful if once you have done that you come back and post the outcome, because much of what you have posted so far could seriously confuse any future Cambodian applicants doing a search on this site.

Again, you're confusing yourself by not waiting and trying to jump ahead of the gun. One of the forms you're refering indicates an I-864 is required. This particular affidavit of support is not applicable to DV applicants. As a DV selectee you CANNOT use an I-864, if your embassy requires DV applicants to show an affidavit of support, it would be in the form of I-134.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.