leilabird

Denied I360 VAWA case re-opened due to I290b appeal

38 posts in this topic

I have an attorney but she wouldn't tell me a whole lot.

My VAWA case denied back in January 28 2014. We appealed in February 28 2014. The reason for denial was the uscis didn't believe my abusivr spouse is a us citizen because we couldnt provide his birth certificate. Although we provided jointly filed tax transcript, joint health insurance agreement, police report, court record and marriage license which all show his full name, ssn, state license number, place of birth and DOB.

I never thought he was going to be violent and i had to run away from him when we were happily married. thus i didn't make a copy of his birth certificate or driver's license to myself. According to state of ND, you can't obtain your spouse birth certificate as a legal spouse. You can either obtain yours or your children's.

On April 22 2014. I found out that my case is re-opened. USCIS didn't forward my appeal to AAO. My case will be reviewed within USCIS. Is it a good sign or a bad sign? He told me he filed for a green card when we were married, later i found out he never did.

Please answer my question? I have been staying at a shelter for 2years. I can't work. The shelter provides food and free immigration attorney. I'm grateful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that, but don't you think it is better to go home, where you will have the support and love of your family?

K1:
01/02/2013 - Sent I-129f
01/08/2013 - NOA1
06/25/2013 - NOA2
07/19/2013 - Sent to NVC
07/30/2013 - Left NVC
08/02/2013 - Case number received
08/26/2013 - Medical
09/12/2013 - Interview - Approved
09/18/2013 - Visa in hand
10/01/2013 - POE Miami
11/23/2013 - Marriage
AOS:
02/16/2016 - AOS, EAD filed
02/22/2016 - AOS and EAD NOA1
02/29/2016 - NOA1 hard copies
03/04/2016 - Received Biometrics letter
03/18/2016 - Biometrics appointment

04/18/2016 - EAD approved

04/23/2016 - EAD/AP card delivered

04/29/2016 - Applied for SSN

04/27/2016 - AOS approved

05/02/2016 - Welcome letter/NOA2 delivered

06/10/2016 - 45 days later my 10 year Green card has finally been delivered!!

07/06/2016 - 9 & 1/2 weeks later SSN is delivered

IiqKm5.png

I had a career and everything. The person who i was married ruined everything away. No, i won't go home unless i win this case. I'm fighting against his violence in a civil manner. I will earn everything back. My family take care of themselves. They don't now I'm in this situation. I came in to a nightmare on my own i will get out of it on my own. Nobody will understand my life unless you walk in my shoes. So if you don't have the answer to my question please don't respond. I'm an adult I know what I'm doing. I didn't want anybody feel sorry for me.

I had a career and everything. The person who i was married ruined everything away. No, i won't go home unless i win this case. I'm fighting against his violence in a civil manner. I will earn everything back. My family take care of themselves. They don't now I'm in this situation. I came in to a nightmare on my own i will get out of it on my own. Nobody will understand my life unless you walk in my shoes. So if you don't have the answer to my question please don't respond. I'm an adult I know what I'm doing. I didn't want anybody feel sorry for me.

The problem is I never give up. I'm a psychiatrist and worked for a prestigious company in USA. I had a two year contract. My husband was supposed to apply for I 130 as soon as my contract was up. But he lied and messed up my status in the USA. Controlling person as he was. Didn't let me go home after my work contract.

Do you think I'm going to give up after all this?

I got pregnant and had a boy. He killed my baby when he was 3months old. Do you think I would leave my son's grave yard for good???? Do not ever judge before you know everything about it

Essentially I lost my child, my career and a status in the USA due to his abuse. I had travelled 24countries before I made a work contract in the US. I speak 3languages fluently. I had a perfect traveller's record overseas.

No i won't give up unless I take everything back.

He's now charged for 2nd degree murder and child neglect. His mom bailed him out. He's free for now sp i had to run away. But i will testify against him as soon as trial starts. I'm going to fight for my sons justice and my freedom. Sorry. I won't go home until i win this case.

I think the poster had suggested it with good intentions, no judgement behind it. But now that everyone has a better idea of your background this will help with future responses.

I wish you luck in your journey and I hope you get justice for your son

05-19-2012 - Met in Seoul, Korea

03-30-2013 - Married in Washington State

USCIS

01-03-2014 - I-130 Package sent to Chicago lockbox

01-10-2014 - NOA1. Case sent to Texas Service Center

01-14-2014 - Expedite requested due to military deployment

02-04-2014 - NOA2 (Expedite approved)

02-28-2014 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC

03-11-2014 - NVC received case

04-10-2014 - NVC case number assigned

04-15-2014 - DS-261 completed online

04-15-2014 - Expedite requested

04-28-2014 - Case forwarded to consulate (Expedite approved)

Consulate

05-30-2014 - Medical

06-12-2014 - Interview

06-20-2014 - Visa in hand

09-21-2014 - POE (San Francisco)

Is there anyone who can answer my question? 4 People replied so far. Nobody answered my question. I don't need you people feel sorry for me or whether or not my story is true. You guys don't know the answer, please find something a litte bit more entertaining.

How do I delete this? I need an aswer for my simple question.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Being rude gets you nowhere.I was. going to answer your question .I am an attorney , I even invited you to join us on the thread Vawa 5,but after reading your last post I decided not to answer you. One great thing in this Country is that we have empathy toward others,it doesn't mean to feel sorry,but I guess you can't care less about it .

Very sad guy you are funny,lol

Edited by sandranj

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Looks more like a U Visa case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I'm sorry to hear that, but don't you think it is better to go home, where you will have the support and love of your family?

Some people after moved to the US over years already have established their career, have children, and consider the US as their home country. I have an Indonesian female friend lives in New York City, a successful financial analyst, had been married and lived here over 14 years. She got divorced from her husband a year ago and have kids together and they are in school now - Both of parents have a joint custody-. If you were her, I don't think it is an easy decision to be made especially to pull your children out from the environment that they used to. The most important, the children need the present of their parents in their life.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.