vladek15425

Upcoming july visa bulletin 2014

270 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

But... Why? I don't understand?

When you do AOS your interview will be only posponded about two month later ! Due to your high case number if you have an interview exemple in august if you do CP ( embassy consular processing). But once you chose AOS(adjusment of status) you will be delayed and you will be too late ! No dv visas after 30 september...

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Filed: Country: Belgium
Timeline

When you do AOS your interview will be only posponded about two month later ! Due to your high case number if you have an interview exemple in august if you do CP ( embassy consular processing). But once you chose AOS(adjusment of status) you will be delayed and you will be too late ! No dv visas after 30 september...

Seriously? How do you know about this? Actually I had been told the contrary, that if you were in the US, it was quicker but more expensive since the USCIS was charging $1070 to adjust your status... without taking into account the cost for translation of official documents.

Timeline

Seriously? How do you know about this? Actually I had been told the contrary, that if you were in the US, it was quicker but more expensive since the USCIS was charging $1070 to adjust your status... without taking into account the cost for translation of official documents.

Iam very serious !

You know what, the lady that started this thread is the expert and she has a spreadsheet explaining everything. I'd suggest you go have a look, and she will give you advice if you don't find the answer in her spreadsheet:

http://forums.immigration.com/forum/immigrant-visas-green-cards/lottery-visas-dv/3897285-dv-2015-aos-only

I don't know specifics but I think the time partly depends on field office. Also a common complaint is that because so few DV cases do AOS - maybe a 1-2000 a year, which is nothing in terms of cases spread across USCIS field offices in the US - there are many case officers unfamiliar with the peculiarities of DV and specifically with the importance of the 30 September cut-off. But that link should help you.

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello to everybody as a selectee in DV2015 with CN 2015EU44xxx and post a simple and obvious algorithm for calculating CN Cut-Off value. Any comments are welcome...

CN_estimate.jpg

Nice flow chart.

2 comments:

- work on 55k. Even last year they were doing this, we can see that from where they put the country cut offs

- I'm not sure if Nigeria falling out raises other regions' percent, or just other countries in Africa?

There are people who've done lots of work and can give you pretty good info on data for holes, dependents etc from previous years.

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Seriously. I am in the States already and was all set to do AOS but just changed to CP when it became apparent that I would not be current before maybe August. AOS takes longer and there is so much potential for delays to occur in the processing if you have a high case number it could be a very stressful process to pursue AOS as the Sept 30 deadline gets closer and closer....

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello to everybody as a selectee in DV2015 with CN 2015EU44xxx and post a simple and obvious algorithm for calculating CN Cut-Off value. Any comments are welcome...

CN_estimate.jpg

I think Malcolm, Simon and few others will happily comment on your flow chart. They will be more than happy to point out the holes :)

Witka na forum Szym.

The world is governed by chance. Randomness stalks us every day of our lives.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE ! :content:

Timeline

I think Malcolm, Simon and few others will happily comment on your flow chart. They will be more than happy to point out the holes :)

Witka na forum Szym.

Did just say holes !??????

Mmmmm my favorites lol

I see holes all over the show hahaha.

My second-holes theory is still running and it will make lot of us happy :)

Filed: Country: Belgium
Timeline

Seriously. I am in the States already and was all set to do AOS but just changed to CP when it became apparent that I would not be current before maybe August. AOS takes longer and there is so much potential for delays to occur in the processing if you have a high case number it could be a very stressful process to pursue AOS as the Sept 30 deadline gets closer and closer....

1. But when I filled out the paper I just said that I was in the US and that I would take the interview at the USCIS in Washington DC, where I live. Does it count as AOS?

2. So all the people that are in this situation, you will go back to your country for the interview?

3. Do you think I should send back my documents to the KCC with my address in Europe?

Thank you for your reply :)

1. But when I filled out the paper I just said that I was in the US and that I would take the interview at the USCIS in Washington DC, where I live. Does it count as AOS?

2. So all the people that are in this situation, you will go back to your country for the interview?

3. Do you think I should send back my documents to the KCC with my address in Europe?

1. Yes

3. If you decide to do this, don't just send your forms blindly and hope for the best. Pick up the phone and talk to a human at KCC about what to do to change it.

OK, so reading up the thread, you are selected with a number of 2014EU35xxx. You are currently in Washington.

What you have been told is correct - aos takes longer. Few cases get completed in the month wher the selectee becomes current - and some people have waited months. THere are ways to chase it through BUT as I say, getting it done within the month would be rare. Getting CP done within the month is normal - you become current, you have the interview, that is it, done.

There are pros and cons of aos versus cp. It isn't cut and dried, but the time delay of aos is an important factor. I myself have opted to go for aos because I became current for June (which was announced in the bulletin published about 3 weeks ago. There is a procedure to file aos paperwork early - which I have done. THat means they can start the process prior to the actual current date - BUT you still have to wait to get scheduled for an interview and Biometrics.

Aos is slightly safer (right of appeal), but a bit more complex than CP. As you have noticed it is slightly more expensive too. The link that Susie provided gives more information. The person who Susie mentioned is an expert in aos for DV - so she will be able to help if needed.

Bottomline, I think aos with acurrent date in July is still doable. But if you don't go current in July then you should seriously consider CP. Don't forget, while you are waiting for your interview on aos, your visa "place" is not held for you - so if the region or global limit is hit before you have your interview, you are toast.

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

let me give you some comments:

how many case number holes: depend which region, concerning Africa for sure that you will have more holes since we have more special countries, with 62k selected including families members (35k CNs) the highest African CN is 117k which is huge comparing to Europe and I am not speaking about the second holes (the none responding people) ....

number of family members per one selectee: I call it the family rate to make it easy: he don't change a lot, last year he was 2.0 for Europe, this rate may change from one region to another one and also from one country to another one inside the same region:

European family rate = 2.23

African family rate= 1.87

Ghana= 1.56

Egypt= 2.63 !!!!

Nigeria ineligible in 2015: this should raise the other region including the other countries in Africa, same for when they removed Bangladesh...

NACARA got less then 200 visa per year for the last years, we should have approx same value this year which mean that DV can take up to 55000-200= 54800 visa ( in theory at least :) :) :) )

Witka na forum Szym.

selected 1st May 2013/ CN= 2014AF00070xxx, forms sent, waiting for the second letter.

selected 1st May 2014/ CN= 2015AF00009xxx :dancing: , forms not sent yet ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.