sara82

PLEASE HELP , I NEED HELP

253 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hi everybody, i wished if i have a good news, but i just have bad news.

since i moved to US to live with my husband , he don't stop insulting me, he treat me bad even in a public places like markets/stores/restaurant, loud voice, bad words,

today morning when he woke up he wanted to cause a problems with me , he beated me in my arm, he trough my clothes in the bathroom,

, i tried to call the police to help me, but i don't want to do something like that, im alone and no body will be with me to support me, to follow any police process or something like that, plus one in my family is sick and i don't want to bother my family , kill them , i just tell them im FINE since i came here

he came to me again, , he wanted to call the police, against me, but i dealed the number 911 and houng out, they called back and they came , they take him to the jail, im now at the house, i have no idea what to do , i told them i forgive him , but they told me it doesnt mutter ,until he pay something and see what will happens ,

what do i have to do now ? go talk to them in their office to forgive him , or what ? please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

If your husband is abusing you, get out of the relationship. Seek local free help if possible.

Met Online - July, 2009
To see our full timeline see "Spolier"

USCIS
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Dublin, Ireland
Marriage : September, 12th 2012
I-130 Sent : November, 11th 2013
I-130 NOA1: November, 20th 2013
I-130 NOA2 : April, 28th 2014

NVC
Shipped to NVC: May 1st, 2014
Case Received: May 13th, 2014
Case Number Assigned: June 6th, 2014
AOS Bill Paid: June 22nd, 2014
AOS Packet sent Express: June 27th, 2014
AOS Packet Received and signed for by "NVISA*: June 30th, 2014
AOS Packet scanned into system: July 3rd, 2014
IV Bill invoiced and paid: August 7th, 2014
DS260 completed: August 8th, 2014
IV Packet sent Express: August 9th, 2014
ATTEMPTED DELIVERY UNITED STATES 16-Aug-14
11:58 NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS (tried to deliver on a saturday) :lol:

IV Packet Received and signed for by *NVISA CENTER*: August 18th, 2014
IV Packet scanned in: 19th August, 2014
AOS Checklist - August 21st, 2014 http://prntscr.com/4gsyod click link to see the checklist
Fixed AOS (I-864a) Sent to NVC - September 8th, 2014
Fixed AOS Received and signed for by *NVISA CENTER*: September 15th, 2014

CASE COMPLETE - 20th October 2014
Medical Scheduled: November 12th
Interview December 23rd (called October 30th)

Interview Changed to December 8th! (Embassy called me!!)

Interview Result: APRROVED! :dance:

Visa in hand: December 11th!

event.png event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Now you will probably have to talk to an investigator. Normally in cases of domestic violence a restraining order is temporarily issued against the person who was arrested which means, if one is issued, he won't be able to come home or be around you. Sounds like you are a victim of domestic violence and you need to figure out what you want to do. Do you want to remain in the US and divorce our spouse or do you want to divorce him and go home?

For now you have time to think about your options. I suggest you calmly speak to a domestic violence worker. If you can't find a phone number for one call the police station (not the 911 number) and ask if they can give you the information for domestic violence. They should have given it to you when they arrested your spouse. Speak with a worker there and have her help you decide what your options are and what will happen with your spouse.

Now you will probably have to talk to an investigator. Normally in cases of domestic violence a restraining order is temporarily issued against the person who was arrested which means, if one is issued, he won't be able to come home or be around you. Sounds like you are a victim of domestic violence and you need to figure out what you want to do. Do you want to remain in the US and divorce our spouse or do you want to divorce him and go home?

For now you have time to think about your options. I suggest you calmly speak to a domestic violence worker. If you can't find a phone number for one call the police station (not the 911 number) and ask if they can give you the information for domestic violence. They should have given it to you when they arrested your spouse. Speak with a worker there and have her help you decide what your options are and what will happen with your spouse.

I TOLD THE POLICE HE INVERSTIGATE with me , that i forgive him , i dont want him to go to jail , im musulmane it never happened in our society something like that, i told them where they were in the house i just want him to never violence me again, but now in my situation do you mean it illegal for me to stay around him , that means i have to find place where i will live ? or he can come back home ?, i wanted to call them to tell them if there is possibility to speak to him , but i think this is not allowed , i never wanted to get divorced now

Timeline

You need to understand what you are asking is specific to the area you are in. Some places bond is set within a few hours, some places you have to see the judge first which would be Monday morning. Some places they will release you without paying a bond. I don't know what the number is you are referring to. Call it and explain your situation and find out how they can help you. In any case he will not be permitted to return home at least until he appears in court. If you attempt to go to him or contact him it could create more problems.

You seem to be in San Diego. Go to this site: http://www.sandiego.gov/sandiegofamilyjusticecenter/ for domestic violence hotline. Number is: (888) DV-LINKS (385-4657)

Here is another 24 hour San Diego domestic violence hotline number: 619-234-3164 from this site http://www.ywcasandiego.org/inquire/24-hour-domestic-violence-hotline.html

yes, im in san diego

yes, im in san diego

You have a lot to think about, and I know you're scared and confused right now. I really think that if you call one of those numbers and talk to someone, it will help you to be calmer and sort out your options. I hope you will make that call - please?

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

You have a lot to think about, and I know you're scared and confused right now. I really think that if you call one of those numbers and talk to someone, it will help you to be calmer and sort out your options. I hope you will make that call - please?

You dont know how i feel, scared, confused, sad, im not sure what will happens, if he appears in the court and they let him come to the house, do i have to leave the house? i think i have to do because he will not come to drink coffee with me, he may come to his house ,to take out everything and stop the rent , and i have no idea how my feeling will be when i will be leaving in a shelter,

do i have and MUST divorce him in this case because he violent me? or he will have to divorce me, i just dont know what is happening right now, the only thing i know , as soon as i saw him looking for his phone because he want to call the police , he gave me the courage to dial the police number

Timeline

Calling the police was the correct thing to do. No man has a right to hit or degrade another person. I know it is very difficult for you. You are in a country where you do not know how the police or courts work, you don't know what rights you have, and the worst is you don't know what will happen next. All I can give you is a general idea of what might happens because it is all specific to your area.

Please, Please call the number jon and sol gave you. They will be able to calm you down and explain the process to you. Don't borrow trouble by imagining what might happen. You have the phone number to call to get help and find out what will happen. Take it one day at a time and have someone (called an advocate) explain everything to you.

Calling the police was the correct thing to do. No man has a right to hit or degrade another person. I know it is very difficult for you. You are in a country where you do not know how the police or courts work, you don't know what rights you have, and the worst is you don't know what will happen next. All I can give you is a general idea of what might happens because it is all specific to your area.

Please, Please call the number jon and sol gave you. They will be able to calm you down and explain the process to you. Don't borrow trouble by imagining what might happen. You have the phone number to call to get help and find out what will happen. Take it one day at a time and have someone (called an advocate) explain everything to you.

i dont know how to thanks you, for your appreciate answers, i dont stop craying, and im some kind of persons, i love to sleep in peace , and i love to sleep without thinking* because of me someone is in jail or in a bad place, i just dont know from where i start, call the number they gave ? i need to know when he will be back to the house to know what can i do ? what kind of questions can i ask them ? i dont drive, how can i meet the investigator, or the domestic worker , i wish if my family are here, i even can t tell them my mother is sick, i just told my sister about what s happened

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i dont know how to thanks you, for your appreciate answers, i dont stop craying, and im some kind of persons, i love to sleep in peace , and i love to sleep without thinking* because of me someone is in jail or in a bad place, i just dont know from where i start, call the number they gave ? i need to know when he will be back to the house to know what can i do ? what kind of questions can i ask them ? i dont drive, how can i meet the investigator, or the domestic worker , i wish if my family are here, i even can t tell them my mother is sick, i just told my sister about what s happened

You should at least make the phone call. Be aware that your spouse can bail out of custody prior to any court appearance. Meaning it could be tomorrow. All he has to do is have someone aware of his arrest(allowed collect phone calls from the county jail) contact a bail bondsman and pay the 10% of total bail(usually $10,000 in San Diego County if no serious injuries and charged as a misdemeanor) by credit card.

You should also be aware that an accuser cannot have the charges dropped once they have been made. Once turned over to the District Attorney Domestic Violence unit, it is solely within the prosecutor's power to bring charges, if any. The prosecutor is under no obligation to drop charges if the accuser changes their mind.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.