pepper297

Texas Service Center

104 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes i noticed that too... i wish there was a way those people could update where their cases are being counted more accurately and that they would only impact the CSC numbers on Igor's list once they are transferred like that... i'm sure it's screwing up all our timeline stats and messing with our heads at TSC!!

I think we must talk to Obama!! lol

I coulda talked to him yesterday. He was right in my back yard. Not literally but only a few miles away.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

After going through this process I am definitely convinced that our immigration system needs an over haul and some sort of organization. We will never know the method to the madness. It makes no sense that a December filer doesn't have their NOA2 yet a March filer has theirs.

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

We are all in the same boat. I hope we hear something soon, at the end of this month it will be 4 months for me. I received my letter Dec.30, 2014 and received a changed in alien number on Jan. 3.2014 I'm still waiting. Its frustrating I check every day and I try to occupy my mind.

Edited by Miamorjuan1210

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The ones I see Feb/March. Granted, I am going by the data entered by people on VJ. There are a lot of "yes" under the xfer spot on timelines and then they show CSC as where it was xfered to.

I noticed it when I was watching TSC K1 Igor's list and I kept seeing all these approvals for February and March apps. At first I figured they were expedited from the Philipines or Ukraine or something, but upon further investigation I see that they are coming up under TSC since people are marking it as the original center. These petitions, however, have the current center listed as CSC.

Yes i noticed that too... i wish there was a way those people could update where their cases are being counted more accurately and that they would only impact the CSC numbers on Igor's list once they are transferred like that... i'm sure it's screwing up all our timeline stats and messing with our heads at TSC!!

Not too long ago I posted that as a bug in this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/2-post-bugs-here/?p=6892178

Every time I see Igor's list for TSC and see those quick approvals, only to check their timelines and see transfers to CSC, I want to flip something.

I did notice that those same users also show up on the CSC list like they should, but they need to stop showing up on TSC's list!

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Waiting for NOA2 since October 23rd, 2013. Call NSC at the end of March. Absolutely no information would be given to me on the status of my case.1st Tier officer said they were working on Oct 2, 2013 cases. 2 tier officer would not even tell me if my case was assigned to someone for adjudication. 2 tier officer did say they would put in a service request and it would take 15 days for a response. It is now 17 days since that was done. No answer yet. Thought I should wait until the end of April before making another inquiry. Anyone have an opinion?

The kindness we give to others may never be recognized by the ugly souls we encounter in the vast jungle of humanity, but what we give will echo brilliantly in the smiles of those who have received it.

After going through this process I am definitely convinced that our immigration system needs an over haul and some sort of organization. We will never know the method to the madness. It makes no sense that a December filer doesn't have their NOA2 yet a March filer has theirs.

I so agree with that. It should be done by each month received. so many before us still have not received. And I noticed that for Domincan Republic its a slow process. it seems longer than 5 months for it.

Edited by Miamorjuan1210

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think it would be better if you stopped checking constantly. It's something we really have no control over. Check the stats for approvals and wait til around that timeline to check it before you start stressing yourself out. I know that while I was waiting for my NOA2 I didn't check until the 5th month and all of sudden it was approved. A lot less stress for you. Good luck and stay positive!

Edited by CanGirl

Texas Service Centre

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

02/14/13: Got Married

USCIS

10/16/13: i-130 Sent

10/25/13: NOA1

03/05/14: NOA2

NVC

03/11/14: NVC Received Case

04/10/14: Case Number and IIN Assigned

04/15/14: 4:07 PM: Received email from NVC that AOS Fee was ready to be paid

04/15/14: 4:28 PM: Received email from NVC containing Case number and IIN

04/15/14: DS-261 Available and Completed

04/15/14: AOS Fee Available and Paid

04/18/14: AOS Fee Shows PAID

04/18/14: EP ENROLL Email Sent (Received AutoReply)

04/21/14: IV Fee Invoiced

04/22/14: 4:23 PM: Received email from NVC that IV Fee was ready to be paid

04/24/14: IV Fee Available and Paid

04/25/14: IV Fee Withdrawn From Bank Account

05/02/14: IV Fee still "In Process" called NVC for supervisor to fix it

05/07/14: IV Fee Shows PAID

05/07/14: DS-260 Available and Completed

05/21/14: 10:29 AM: EP ENROLL Acceptance Email Received

05/28/14: AOS Package Emailed to NVC (Received AutoReply)

xx/xx/14: IV Package Emailed to NVC

xx/xx/14: Case Complete

xx/xx/14: Interview Scheduled

xx/xx/14: Schedule Medical

xx/xx/14: NVC Shipped Case to Consulate

xx/xx/14: Medical Complete

xx/xx/14: Interview at Consulate

xx/xx/14: Visa in Hand

xx/xx/14: POE

I think it would be better if you stopped checking constantly. It's something we really have no control over. Check the stats for approvals and wait til around that timeline to check it before you start stressing yourself out. I know that while I was waiting for my NOA2 I didn't check until the 5th month and all of sudden it was approved. A lot less stress for you. Good luck and stay positive!

That's what I'm doing. I check once per day only on business days & I spend some time on this site. I have a lot of hobbies; I keep myself very busy on purpose. I do everything I possibly can to think about everything but this process, while still communicating with my fiancee everyday. If you start obsessing about this, your life will suck.

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The ups and downs are seriously stupid without a doubt. The system needs to be 100% electronic with everyone filling out online forms only and anything they have on paper gets scanned and uploaded. That way, every adjudicator in all the service centers hits NEXT and works on the very next file in the national database and everyone gets exactly the same processing speed in the exact order that we filed.

We were lucky that when I filed last September, Texas was crusing at Mach 2 and I got our NOA2 in 58 days despite a careless error I made that resulted in an RFE. Now it seems Texas is at a halt.

In the last petition that I filed before this one, in 2010, Vermont was moving slower than a dead tree sloth. I complained and complained, wrote to congress members, wrote to committees, and did everything else I could think of. It felt good but did not speed it up by one iota. THe NOA2 took 6 months and 3 weeks, and by then the woman who claimed to love me got disgusted and left. She actually did me a favor because the fiance I have now is a 1000% upgrade over her.

Just hang in there. Wish I had beter advice.

Edited by Al422

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Tiff&Babs you are right. I feel that way only 4 months in. I don't think immigration gets the attention it needs because only a small percentage of the population has to deal with it. To be honest, before this experience, when I heard immigration my mind automatically thought about illegal aliens. This has been an eye opener for me. I saw your NOA2 on the list the other day..... congratulations to you two!

We are all in the same boat. I hope we hear something soon, at the end of this month it will be 4 months for me. I received my letter Dec.30, 2014 and received a changed in alien number on Jan. 3.2014 I'm still waiting. Its frustrating I check every day and I try to occupy my mind.

Yes we are :(

It is! A while ago I did a post asking how accurate the timelines were. It had put my timeline estimate noa2 date within 30 days which was a surprise to me. I was told by some that it was usually pretty accurate. That was before I learned about expedited cases and the CSC switch. Now, I try to take that date with a grain of salt and just look at the trends of the non expedited cases that are strictly being processed at TSC.

Not too long ago I posted that as a bug in this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/2-post-bugs-here/?p=6892178

Every time I see Igor's list for TSC and see those quick approvals, only to check their timelines and see transfers to CSC, I want to flip something.

I did notice that those same users also show up on the CSC list like they should, but they need to stop showing up on TSC's list!

Just read that post. You are right on it!

Waiting for NOA2 since October 23rd, 2013. Call NSC at the end of March. Absolutely no information would be given to me on the status of my case.1st Tier officer said they were working on Oct 2, 2013 cases. 2 tier officer would not even tell me if my case was assigned to someone for adjudication. 2 tier officer did say they would put in a service request and it would take 15 days for a response. It is now 17 days since that was done. No answer yet. Thought I should wait until the end of April before making another inquiry. Anyone have an opinion?

Twofers, how awful! I'm so sorry. I have not been down that road before but if it is outside of the time frame they gave you, I would call and speak to a tier two again! I don't think it will hurt anything and you seem to be following their time frame.

I know you are right. Thankfully I am about to start and 3 night work stretch so it will mostly be working, sleeping during the day, and squeezing in a meal before work. I'm thankful for these "blurs" I get throughout this process. Thanks for the encouragement!

That's what I'm doing. I check once per day only on business days & I spend some time on this site. I have a lot of hobbies; I keep myself very busy on purpose. I do everything I possibly can to think about everything but this process, while still communicating with my fiancee everyday. If you start obsessing about this, your life will suck.

It's almost as if sometimes I am really ok... then I THINK and that dooms me! LOL I need to start redirecting better!

The ups and downs are seriously stupid without a doubt. The system needs to be 100% electronic with everyone filling out online forms only and anything they have on paper gets scanned and uploaded. That way, every adjudicator in all the service centers hits NEXT and works on the very next file in the national database and everyone gets exactly the same processing speed in the exact order that we filed.

We were lucky that when I filed last September, Texas was crusing at Mach 2 and I got our NOA2 in 58 days despite a careless error I made that resulted in an RFE. Now it seems Texas is at a halt.

In the last petition that I filed before this one, in 2010, Vermont was moving slower than a dead tree sloth. I complained and complained, wrote to congress members, wrote to committees, and did everything else I could think of. It felt good but did not speed it up by one iota. THe NOA2 took 6 months and 3 weeks, and by then the woman who claimed to love me got disgusted and left. She actually did me a favor because the fiance I have now is a 1000% upgrade over her.

Just hang in there. Wish I had beter advice.

Sounds like things definitely worked out better in the end for you! Congrats! Your advice is very helpful and I really do appreciate the encouragement. Thank you!

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

To all reading this thread - I just finished speaking to the NCS. After being told my case was being put on hold for security checks by a tier 1 officer, she politely told me to wait and would transfer me to a tier 2 officer so they could explain any issues that might be pending with my application. As I expected the tier 2 officer told me that they couldn't tell me anything related to any possible pending security checks over the phone. I asked politely if she could tell me anything about my pending case. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes then came back online to ask my receipt number, name, date of birth, address, name of the beneficiary, notice date and then after I provided her with all that information and repeating the pronounciation of my last name repeatedly as requested she said, "It takes 6 to 7 months to process this type of application please continue to wait for our answer." I politely pointed out that the information posted on the USCIS web site says that normal processing time is 5 months and she said that was incorrect and then repeated in an unpleasant voice that my case was within normal processing times and I should continue to wait and then hung up the phone. Wow! So now we are told that we must wait 6 to 7 months? No RFEs. No indications that there is a problem. Nothing but rudeness. Ok, I will wait and call again in 7 months. I am sure the time will change to 8 to 9 months for normal processing by then. I truly hope you all have better luck than we are having at this time. To those who are being processed faster than 5 months please consider yourselves lucky. I am truly disappointed in all of these government workers. I am sure all of us waiting are thinking terribly negative thoughts. Let's just pray those with such terrible attitudes find another job in a field better suited to their very ugly personalities.

The kindness we give to others may never be recognized by the ugly souls we encounter in the vast jungle of humanity, but what we give will echo brilliantly in the smiles of those who have received it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was also transferred from Texas to CSC and waiting on NOA2. I got excited after getting NOA1 on March 2, about 7 days after initial submission, only to realize that was only the beginning of my wait. Its early days for me so I definitely have to distract myself. :)

With God, all things are possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Can someone explain me what does alien number registration changed??? It means we ll get approved in the next 5 months??

01-08-2013 : We decided to be a couple and walk on the same life path!!!!

06-08-2013 : I traveled to the US to stay with my man for 3 months. We got engaged!!!!

Meanwhile :

July 2013 : My fiancé apply for his citizenship.

November 2013 : My fiancé become an American citizen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-23-2013 : We sent I-129F form.

12-30-2013 : I-129F NOA1.

01-06-2014 : I-129F RFE ( fee mistake - we sent 341$ not 340$ ) + NOA1 Hardcopy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USCIS

01-22-2014 : We re-sent I-124F form.

01-24-2014 : I-129F NOA 1.

01-27-2014 : Case Number changed.

01-28-2014 : Alien Registration Number changed.

01-31-2014 : NOA1 Hardcopy.

02-07-2014 : Expedite requested.

02-10-2014 : Requested expedite denied.

04-28-2014 : Expedite requested (financial loss).

05-02-2014 : Email received requesting evidence to expedite + we sent evidence right away.

05-05-2014 : Expedite request approved (we called uscis on 05/08 and they told us that got approved).

05-08-2014 : NOA2

05-12-2014 : Uscis mail us noa2

05-14-2014 : Noa2 hardcopy received

05-21-2014 : Noa2 hardcopy received again with date 05-12-2014

NVC

05-22-2014 : Case Creation Date

05-29-2014 : NVC Left

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Embassy

06-06-2014 : Received By Consulate

06-10-2014 : Received Package 3

06-18-2014 : Package 3 Sent

07-01-2014 : Received Package 4

07-07-2014 : Medical Exam

07-17-2014 : Interview (221g) (Administrative Processing)

07-17-2014 : Sent back an email as they asked

as1cOAY0g411110MDAwNDMwbHwwMDAyMDlsfFdlI[/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

To all reading this thread - I just finished speaking to the NCS. After being told my case was being put on hold for security checks by a tier 1 officer, she politely told me to wait and would transfer me to a tier 2 officer so they could explain any issues that might be pending with my application. As I expected the tier 2 officer told me that they couldn't tell me anything related to any possible pending security checks over the phone. I asked politely if she could tell me anything about my pending case. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes then came back online to ask my receipt number, name, date of birth, address, name of the beneficiary, notice date and then after I provided her with all that information and repeating the pronounciation of my last name repeatedly as requested she said, "It takes 6 to 7 months to process this type of application please continue to wait for our answer." I politely pointed out that the information posted on the USCIS web site says that normal processing time is 5 months and she said that was incorrect and then repeated in an unpleasant voice that my case was within normal processing times and I should continue to wait and then hung up the phone. Wow! So now we are told that we must wait 6 to 7 months? No RFEs. No indications that there is a problem. Nothing but rudeness. Ok, I will wait and call again in 7 months. I am sure the time will change to 8 to 9 months for normal processing by then. I truly hope you all have better luck than we are having at this time. To those who are being processed faster than 5 months please consider yourselves lucky. I am truly disappointed in all of these government workers. I am sure all of us waiting are thinking terribly negative thoughts. Let's just pray those with such terrible attitudes find another job in a field better suited to their very ugly personalities.

Oh. My. Gosh. I don't even know what to say! That is awful and unacceptable. Have you tried contacting your congressman? Is that right? The congressman? It is some sort of state gvnt figure that you can contact. What about the ombudsmen? I am so sorry. That is just not ok! Prayers are definitely the answer for people like that. Don't give up! It still seems to me you have options you can take to be a squeaky wheel! At least it seems you have them until they update the website with the time frame. I seriously hope that is not what they are going to do. I am going to be especially pissed since those after me are being approved at CSC. I'm going to keep you guys in my prayers too. Please keep me posted on what happens. Maybe at some point there will be more of a group action we will need to take.

I was also transferred from Texas to CSC and waiting on NOA2. I got excited after getting NOA1 on March 2, about 7 days after initial submission, only to realize that was only the beginning of my wait. Its early days for me so I definitely have to distract myself. :)

If you are at CSC you are in much better shape than us stuck at TSC it seems. Good luck to you

Can someone explain me what does alien number registration changed??? It means we ll get approved in the next 5 months??

From what I understand:

It is assigned to every case and the date it is assigned does not indicate anything about approval time. Supposedly, according to the current Service Center processing times, it should take 5 months to process an i129f petition..... but most of us in this particular thread are really questioning that :(

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.