Zedayn

April 2014 Filers

473 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My personal opinion is we are all on the same journey whether its with CSC, TSC or VSC and we all want one thing to be with our loved ones, I get up everyday and tell myself today I am one step closer to being with my fiancé. Don't check our case status everyday I look at it once a week yes its stressful but look at the good that comes at the end of it (L) Congrats to those who have had approvals and all the best to those who are waiting for their NOA2

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I finally submitted my I-129F petition today April 3, 2014. And the waiting begins!

Any other April filers here?

Hello, can you tell us when did your alien registration number changed?? Mine was on 5/5/14...so im waiting for noa2

130 PD: 3/31/14

129F PD: 4/25/14

!30 Approved: 9/5/14

129F Approved: 9/5/14

NVC Received: Anxiously waiting..

NVC Assigned Case #:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OMG! I just the email/text that our 129f was approved! 15 days, baby!!!! Lightening fast!

Lucky!!! May i ask when did your alien number change? Mine changed 1 day after noa1... Im being positive and thinking thats a good sign!

130 PD: 3/31/14

129F PD: 4/25/14

!30 Approved: 9/5/14

129F Approved: 9/5/14

NVC Received: Anxiously waiting..

NVC Assigned Case #:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Mailed 3/26

Received 4/3

4/22-- Received notice in mail, thinking it was NOA1 but it was NOA2, approval!!!!

5/13-- Received forwarded NOA1 (finally)

** I used a Visa Service company in San Francisco to help me file my K1, at the time I was renting out a room, but got my apartment shortly after, so my K1 was filed with the old address. The NOA1 was sent to the old address before I had a chance to change my address with USPS, so the landlord returned the mail (NOA1) and now finally it has found its way back to me. Hence, the weird order.

Super grateful and surprised that I was able to get processed so quickly! Wishing that the same happens with all my April filers!

lBU2m8.png

HBd3m8.png

Filed: Timeline

We received our NOA2 today! We received NOA1 on April 29th and are with CSC. On to the next step. Good luck everybody!

03/18/15: Send application

03/22/15: Application received

03/25/15: NOA 1 emails/texts

04/13/15: biomnetrics appointment letter

04/16/15: successful biometrics appointment

06/10/15: Received email - EAD picked up by post office!

06/11/15: Received EAD

06/18/15: Received interview notice in the mail for July 20th 2015 (was send on 06/12/15)

Timeline

Mailed 3/26

Received 4/3

4/22-- Received notice in mail, thinking it was NOA1 but it was NOA2, approval!!!!

5/13-- Received forwarded NOA1 (finally)

** I used a Visa Service company in San Francisco to help me file my K1, at the time I was renting out a room, but got my apartment shortly after, so my K1 was filed with the old address. The NOA1 was sent to the old address before I had a chance to change my address with USPS, so the landlord returned the mail (NOA1) and now finally it has found its way back to me. Hence, the weird order.

Super grateful and surprised that I was able to get processed so quickly! Wishing that the same happens with all my April filers!

Hey, Congrat. i'm still waitting...

I-129F Sent : 2014-04-18

I-129F Received:2014-04-23

Notice Date:2014-04-25

I-129F NOA1 by Email : 2014-04-28

A Number Changed:2014-04-29

Hardcopy Of I-129F NOA1 Received:2014-05-03

NOA2 Reveived:2014-06-02

NVC Left : 2014-05-29

Consulate Received : 2014-06-15

Packet 3 Received : 2014-06-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2014-06-22

Packet 4 Received : 2014-06-30

Interview Date: August 06

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Congratulations on all the recent approvals and best wishes for a successful interview and speedy reunion !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Congrats to all the recent approvals!

After reading through more posts and getting a bit more active on Visa Journey... It does seem like the CSC are processing faster than TSC. And it really breaks my heart that this little detail can have such an impact on our timelines. Even though I know, now, that I am one of the lucky ones, I didn't know too much information beforehand and fully expected to wait 6-9 months for an approval (which is what the immigration service that I worked with told me).

If statistics were telling me that I would have to wait for months, I would have a hard time being happy for fast approvals without a tinge of disappointment, anger and despair for myself. I feel for everyone....

Those of us that are so grateful for fast approvals but don't want to rain on others' parades, and those settling in for a long wait not wanting to get their hopes up.

But, I do want to say-- no matter what service center, additional paperwork, or luck has dealt us, please remember and think about why we are doing what we are doing! :) All of us have different stories, timelines, and situations but I'm sure that one thing we have in common is that we have found someone in our life that is worth all this effort!

I won't lie, it has been the toughest thing I have had to do in my life. But I always enjoy coming on Visa Journey knowing that there are others out there who are going through these same kind of feelings, and I feel comforted in that fact. Despite the challenges, I consider us one lucky bunch! We have found love in someone that we will literally jump through hoops with to be together with them. I see my friends here who are in good relationships and they ask me what, how and why would I ever put myself through this-- but I just know that all of these challenges are what make us a stronger couple, and will be soooo worth it in the end!

Can everyone in InternetLand take a moment with me and imagine our first moment with our fiancees on US soil, being able to get that long deserved amazing embrace....

That, ladies and gentleman, is how I keep going! :)

lBU2m8.png

HBd3m8.png

After reading through more posts and getting a bit more active on Visa Journey... It does seem like the CSC are processing faster than TSC. And it really breaks my heart that this little detail can have such an impact on our timelines. Even though I know, now, that I am one of the lucky ones, I didn't know too much information beforehand and fully expected to wait 6-9 months for an approval (which is what the immigration service that I worked with told me).

If statistics were telling me that I would have to wait for months, I would have a hard time being happy for fast approvals without a tinge of disappointment, anger and despair for myself. I feel for everyone....

Those of us that are so grateful for fast approvals but don't want to rain on others' parades, and those settling in for a long wait not wanting to get their hopes up.

But, I do want to say-- no matter what service center, additional paperwork, or luck has dealt us, please remember and think about why we are doing what we are doing! :) All of us have different stories, timelines, and situations but I'm sure that one thing we have in common is that we have found someone in our life that is worth all this effort!

I won't lie, it has been the toughest thing I have had to do in my life. But I always enjoy coming on Visa Journey knowing that there are others out there who are going through these same kind of feelings, and I feel comforted in that fact. Despite the challenges, I consider us one lucky bunch! We have found love in someone that we will literally jump through hoops with to be together with them. I see my friends here who are in good relationships and they ask me what, how and why would I ever put myself through this-- but I just know that all of these challenges are what make us a stronger couple, and will be soooo worth it in the end!

Can everyone in InternetLand take a moment with me and imagine our first moment with our fiancees on US soil, being able to get that long deserved amazing embrace....

This is utterly and completely beautiful. And exactly how I feel. Thank you so much for sharing this.

All that we are and all that will be we dedicate to the One who brought us together

Timeline:

K-1 Journey:

Petition sent: 03/27/2014

Interview date!!! 10/06/2014

AOS:

Packet received at Chicago Lockbox: 2/2/2015

EAD approved! 2/26/2015

AP approved! 2/26/2015

Green card received!! 09/24/2015

ROC: 

I-751 sent off to CSC: 7/25/2017

NOA1: 7/27/2017

Filed Inquiry into Biometrics status: 9/18/2017

10 Year Green Card Approved!!! 10/22/2018

Next Stop, Citizenship! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This made my cry. :crying: Thank you so much for sharing this! I want this whole process to be over so badly. Good luck to everyone out there, and let's all hope things speed up for all of us. I try so hard to keep a positive attitude and things like this help. That long deserved, amazing embrace can't come soon enough. Thank you again for sharing this. :)

A journey of 2855KM begins with a single step.

-NOA 2 9/26/2014 Finally

Timeline

I got a text today from USCIS telling me that my case is now updated. After I checked online, it said my petition has been approved! Woohoo!! :thumbs:

For those who have gotten their NOA2, what's been your experience on the NVC portion of the journey?

Timeline

I got a text today from USCIS telling me that my case is now updated. After I checked online, it said my petition has been approved! Woohoo!! :thumbs:

For those who have gotten their NOA2, what's been your experience on the NVC portion of the journey?

hey,that's a good news and congratulations! mine's still there and waiting...

I-129F Sent : 2014-04-18

I-129F Received:2014-04-23

Notice Date:2014-04-25

I-129F NOA1 by Email : 2014-04-28

A Number Changed:2014-04-29

Hardcopy Of I-129F NOA1 Received:2014-05-03

NOA2 Reveived:2014-06-02

NVC Left : 2014-05-29

Consulate Received : 2014-06-15

Packet 3 Received : 2014-06-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2014-06-22

Packet 4 Received : 2014-06-30

Interview Date: August 06

Im still waiting for my case number at NVC. Its been 30 days already and they still dont have my case.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Our process is going fantastically. We were in NVC for about 1.5 weeks. I called every day to get our case number. It takes a long time to get through but I finally got it. My fiancé just had his medical today in Manila. It's remarkable to me that it's only 5/21 and we're already at the medical! The only thing that concerns me is that no interviews are available at the embassy. We're checking multiple times a day. Still, I'm not going to complain about that.

Service Center : California Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2014-04-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-04-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-23

Interview Date : 2014-06-09

Interview Result : Approved

US Entry : 2014-07-19

Wedding : 2014-10-04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Yep...I'm using an Immigration lawyer and I just got a notice for RFE. I should be receiving the letter tomorrow. So I'm just waiting to see what else they need? We're at the CSC. NOA1 April 28th.

Good luck Everyone!

Edited by Lena&Islam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.