Zedayn

April 2014 Filers

473 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

It's probably a good thing that she's not in my state right now. She would hate if she had to meet me in person when I'm upset with her incompetency! My fiancé did say...honey remind me to not make you mad ok love? LOL! He cheers me up and makes this process so worth it!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

If this is the case, does anyone know of anything I can do to preempt this mistake? This is about to potentially turn really depressing.

All you can do is hope to squeeze by without it and have the original at the interview and meanwhile have an original ready

to submit for a potential RFE. You can not submit it now, it would not meet up with your petition.

RFE's are not that much of a delay usually and the faster you send them the faster your petition progresses.

Don't waste time submitting the RFE when/if you get one.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Lena. It is so sad because I am waiting for my approval too and I also send scanned copies with signatures. I guess I will be next one with RFE. :crying:

I-129F Sent : 2014-04-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-04-17

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview (If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Timeline

Hi Lena. It is so sad because I am waiting for my approval too and I also send scanned copies with signatures. I guess I will be next one with RFE. :crying:

I-129F Sent : 2014-04-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-04-17

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview (If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Don't be sad...it's feels devastating when you get the first RFE. It's especially upsetting when you feel like you sent in everything that they asked for. I was only so devastated and upset because I trusted my lawyer with handling my case and I still got an RFE for not having it.I know for sure we hand signed both of our Letters of Intent to Marry and gave it to the lawyer. I know cause my fiancé sent it to her via mail so she would have everything she needed to file our petition. I didn't sleep for two days after I got an RFE! But now I'm taking matters into my own hands and will not be needing the lawyers assistance in my case anymore and I feel so much better! It just means that I have to send them what they need to process and approve my case, not a straight denial of my petition!

Like I said my fiancé will be sending me another signed letter via mail..that will take about a week, but at least he's sending it straight to me so I will have it and submitted to USICS. Make sure you get the signed Letter of Intent to Marry from your fiancé if you get a RFE for it so you can send it in ASAP! It just causes a slight delay in the process but its not a denial so that makes me happy! Chin up and let's keep on going...I know that's hard to but we're all in this together!

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Don't be sad...it's feels devastating when you get the first RFE. It's especially upsetting when you feel like you sent in everything that they asked for. I was only so devastated and upset because I trusted my lawyer with handling my case and I still got an RFE for not having it.I know for sure we hand signed both of our Letters of Intent to Marry and gave it to the lawyer. I know cause my fiancé sent it to her via mail so she would have everything she needed to file our petition. I didn't sleep for two days after I got an RFE! But now I'm taking matters into my own hands and will not be needing the lawyers assistance in my case anymore and I feel so much better! It just means that I have to send them what they need to process and approve my case, not a straight denial of my petition!

Like I said my fiancé will be sending me another signed letter via mail..that will take about a week, but at least he's sending it straight to me so I will have it and submitted to USICS. Make sure you get the signed Letter of Intent to Marry from your fiancé if you get a RFE for it so you can send it in ASAP! It just causes a slight delay in the process but its not a denial so that makes me happy! Chin up and let's keep on going...I know that's hard to but we're all in this together!

I am so glad that at least we all here together on that. It helps out to so much. And I agree that we don't really need a lawyer to do this work for us. Because it seems like every time someone working with lawyer they get RFE almost all the time. I wish good luck to all of us, and we should all get our approvals some time soon :)

Timeline

If its a straight case, we're our best advocate! As I'm seeking more information and knowledge about the whole Immigration process the more I know that I can do it myself. I hired out a lawyer like most people because I thought I may not be able to do it myself. I thought I needed to know so much more and just the thought of not doing it right and having my country reject my petition made me hire a lawyer. As I'm learning all the lawyer does is take all of my hard work and paste it into the documents(Which I can get myself), have me sign it and she sends it in and call it a day! Lawyer's usually complicate and slow down the process as I'm personally seeing it in my case. For example she got my NOA1 letter a week or so before I got to mine and never told me. When I finally got my copy a week later she sent me a scanned copy that she had already received and not bother to let me know.

There are a lot of information out there and it definitely helps to have the VJ community here to support each other. Also a great way to double check your information for accuracy and make sure your doing it right. Sometimes there are too much information out there and it isn't accurate either so you have to check to make sure its not from someone's own fears or experiences in their case as each case may be different with different outcomes. So far I've learned not to freak out each time I get a letter from USICS. I also know that there are many people on here who has gone through the process that I'm currently in and they will reach out and help me. I think that people honestly want to see each other be happy. Call me naïve but I do believe in the goodness of people.

As of today I will not need my lawyer, she causes me more stress than what she's worth. I like to know that can take my own case into my own hands as I completely trust myself to handle whatever comes my way instead of waiting for someone who doesn't know me or my case to speak up or follow up for me. I like to be more proactive and not wait to see what will happen.

Best wishes to everyone going through this process! As I'm learning, take time to take care of yourself too. And get some sleep!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We looked into getting a lawyer, but in the end it just seemed like too much work for someone to submit forms. We still had to pull all the info together. I am sorry people are getting RFE's. I got my NOA1 about a month ago and going through CSC. With all the other people before and after me getting approvals, I am starting to worry an RFE could be coming our way. Hopefully not though. At least an RFE is not a decline. Just an added step.

I agree with others, VJ is great, but too much information can be a problem too. The hardest part for me is just not knowing and having no control over when approvals happen. I hate that it is not just first in - first out and that there are people that are waiting months, others days or weeks... Hopefully I can get over this though because I think this is going to be my life for the time being! :)

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

--------------------------

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know if I should go to the USICS website and change from my lawyer's address to mine as I'm not going to be using her services anymore and want all of the letters to be sent to me instead? I heard that I should go online and just change it from her address to mine to be the only one getting the notices. I will follow up and send USICS a hard copy letter of the address change and my letter of not having the lawyer as my representative also. Will that be sufficient? Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know if I should go to the USICS website and change from my lawyer's address to mine as I'm not going to be using her services anymore and want all of the letters to be sent to me instead? I heard that I should go online and just change it from her address to mine to be the only one getting the notices. I will follow up and send USICS a hard copy letter of the address change and my letter of not having the lawyer as my representative also. Will that be sufficient? Thanks!

That will do.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So my 129f petition was sent to nebraska service center! ? i have no idea what this means, i believe they dont process this type of visa! Has anyone ever seen this? I also got a message that an alien # has been assigned,

130 PD: 3/31/14

129F PD: 4/25/14

!30 Approved: 9/5/14

129F Approved: 9/5/14

NVC Received: Anxiously waiting..

NVC Assigned Case #:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

So my 129f petition was sent to nebraska service center! ? i have no idea what this means, i believe they dont process this type of visa! Has anyone ever seen this? I also got a message that an alien # has been assigned,

That seems very odd. You mailed it to the Texas lock box? What are the first 3 letters of your file number?

I wonder if NSC has been instructed to help relieve some of the load...but it should be those normally routed to the Texas Center..not those that would have been routed to California, which yours should have been.

It will be interesting to hear more about this.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Timeline

Mine has WAC so I know its it the California Service Center. That is so weird, keep us updated ok? On the bright side someone touched it and sent you a message!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow! That is so odd indeed. So now we have three service centres instead of two to handle 129Fs? The optimist in me wants to get all excited because TSC might FINALLY be able to speed up a bit. But maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic. Was it a one off? Please keep us posted.

12 May 2014: Mailed 129F packet to Dallas lockbox

21 May 2014: NOA1 from TSC

18 Sep 2014: NOA2

23 Sep 2014: Case sent to NVC

30 Sep 2014: NVC received + case number generated

06 Oct 2014: Left NVC

08 Oct 2014: Medical exam

09 Oct 2014: Case reached embassy in London

09 Oct 2014: DS-160 and Applicant Readiness form submitted

21 Oct 2014: Interview letter received

29 Oct 2014: Interview --> Approved!

07 Nov 2014: Visa in hand

08 Nov 2014: LHR --> BOS [Finally!!]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.