TeddyB

March 2014 i-130 filers

932 posts in this topic

I'm sorry for all of you that are still at the USCIS... I cannot imagine what you re going through.

My wife got her visa yesterday and we just finished booking the flight today.. SO I will see my love in just 3 more days or 2 for her.. with the time zones its hard to no which is which But she leaves manila 11:59pm Tuesday Manila time and I will meet her in LA Wednesday morning. her plane gets in at 5 am

Timeline

We are finally finished and APPROVED!!!! Now to wait the visa. Prayers to those still waiting.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Wow, cant believe how quiet this thread has been the last month lol. I guess none of us have any updates. I still am waiting for NVC to scan my checklist response which was sent a week ago and then the 60 day waiting starts all over again. At this point since in May I will have been married for 2 years, we have decided that even if I get the visa by March or April, it only makes sense to travel after our 2nd anniversary so I can get my 10 year residence and dont have to deal with USCIS anytime soon.

Oh and Happy New Year everyone! lol

Hi! I just saw this message. it will be 2 years anniversary almost for us too. Can you apply directly to 10 yrs residence after being married for 2 yrs?? I didn't know that, just wanted to make sure I understood correctly. :) And how do you do it?

We haven't even got our NO2 yet. It will be our 2nd year anniversary on May but I don't expect to get my visa before that time anyway.

Thanks!

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi! I just saw this message. it will be 2 years anniversary almost for us too. Can you apply directly to 10 yrs residence after being married for 2 yrs?? I didn't know that, just wanted to make sure I understood correctly. :) And how do you do it?

We haven't even got our NO2 yet. It will be our 2nd year anniversary on May but I don't expect to get my visa before that time anyway.

Thanks!

Hey I'm married nearly 3 years does this mean I could go for the 10 year residency too? I've never heard of this, can someone explain it or send me a link PLEASE.. I've been waiting a year nex month for my noa 2 and nothing ?????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hey I'm married nearly 3 years does this mean I could go for the 10 year residency too? I've never heard of this, can someone explain it or send me a link PLEASE.. I've been waiting a year nex month for my noa 2 and nothing ?????

Yes, I can confirm this. Even my lawyer has confirmed it and its all over the web, its pretty straight forward and there are no extra steps. At POE, if you have been married for 2 years or more, you will be admitted as an immediate relative automatically, with a 10yr green card. If you have been married less than 2 years, a conditional one that expires 2 years after your date of entry.

There is nothing you need to do about this, it is automatic and thats how the law works. For instance, as of right now I still have been married for less than two years, however my visa will most likely be issued in March or April. My Visa will be a conditional spouse visa. HOWEVER, if I travel to the US after my 2nd anniversary in May, REGARDLESS of my type of visa, If I cross POE even 1 day after my 2yr anniversary, I will automatically be admitted as an Immediate Relative and will receive the 10 yr green card.

Hope this clarifies.

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, I can confirm this. Even my lawyer has confirmed it and its all over the web, its pretty straight forward and there are no extra steps. At POE, if you have been married for 2 years or more, you will be admitted as an immediate relative automatically, with a 10yr green card. If you have been married less than 2 years, a conditional one that expires 2 years after your date of entry.

There is nothing you need to do about this, it is automatic and thats how the law works. For instance, as of right now I still have been married for less than two years, however my visa will most likely be issued in March or April. My Visa will be a conditional spouse visa. HOWEVER, if I travel to the US after my 2nd anniversary in May, REGARDLESS of my type of visa, If I cross POE even 1 day after my 2yr anniversary, I will automatically be admitted as an Immediate Relative and will receive the 10 yr green card.

Hope this clarifies.

Omg thank you so much!! U really made my day...?????????

Timeline

Omg thank you so much!! U really made my day...?????????

Mine too!! It's good to hear something good about this process!! :) I had no die about this! I'm glad you mentioned it :)

Timeline

Hope this clarifies.

Thank you for the info!! :) Nice to hear after all this is over, we won't be dealing with uscis anytime soon!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all,

Checking in since I haven't signed on in a while. Not much to report, just waiting for the 60 days to be up. We should hear something the next week or two.

Hoping for CCs and approvals for everybody.

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Congrats TeddyB!! You've earned it.

As I ride out the wait for my one-item checklist to be vetted, I'm optimistically putting together some docs for my wife for the interview: there are great resources here for that and I've got everything I need, but I've got one question:

At some point during this awful process I SWEAR that I received a document from the NVC that said something to the effect of "keep this document, as the beneficiary will be required to present it at the interview."

Now I'm plowing through all the docs in the immigration file, and I'm not finding this mysterious item.

Did I dream that up? I can't find a reference to it anywhere, so maybe I did...

Thanks!

I-130 mailed: 03/10/14 (from France to Chicago Lockbox)

I-130 received: 03/12/14 (this is also our priority date)

NOA1 email: 03/16/14 (email sent at 11:40 pm on Sunday!?!)

NOA1 letter: 03/30/14

I-797C: 03/21/14

NOA2 email: 08/09/14 (email sent at 5:45 am on Saturday!?!)

NOA2 letter: 08/13/14

Sent to NVC: 08/19/14 (email notification)

NVC receipt: 09/08/14 (confirmed by phone call)

NVC case #: 09/11/14 (received via email with NVC welcome letter as attachment)

DS-261 done: 09/12/14

--AOS invoice: 09/17/14 (notice via email)

--Invoice paid: 09/18/14

--accepted: 10/1/14 (notice via email)
IV invoice: 10/1/14 (same email)
IV fee paid: 10/4/14
--accepted: 10/8/14 (status changed to "paid" on NVC website)
DS-260 done: 10/9/14
AOS/IV docs
sent: 10/13/14
AOS/IV docs
signed for: 10/17/14
confirmation
email received: 10/18/14 (this email said there will be a 60 day wait before my docs are reviewed)
checklist: 12/11/14 (i864, section 5, one error: "you must enter "1" for yourself...")
New i864 mailed: 12/14/14
Received: 12/18/14 (email notification 12/22/14, with another 60-day warning)
Third N/A: 3/2/15
NVC case
complete: 3/2/15 (confirmed on call to NVC 3/4/15; email received 3/9/15)
Interview date: 4/1/15 (assigned 3/11/15)
APPROVED!!! CEAC status changed to "Issued" on 4/2/15.
Visa and POE
papers in-hand: 4/12/15
POE: 4/16/15 in Minneapolis. Kept my wife and our three-Y.O. waiting in a windowless room with no toilet access for over an hour, then let them through without asking any questions.
But whatever: it's over!!!!! 13 months and 3 days from original priority date.
Green card: Accompanying docs stamped 6/16, but the card did not arrive until 7/2 (approx. 11 weeks after POE).
Now it's really over. Thank you so much to all of you at VJ who helped us through this ordeal.

As I ride out the wait for my one-item checklist to be vetted, I'm optimistically putting together some docs for my wife for the interview: there are great resources here for that and I've got everything I need, but I've got one question:

At some point during this awful process I SWEAR that I received a document from the NVC that said something to the effect of "keep this document, as the beneficiary will be required to present it at the interview."

Now I'm plowing through all the docs in the immigration file, and I'm not finding this mysterious item.

Did I dream that up? I can't find a reference to it anywhere, so maybe I did...

Thanks!

(i864, section 5, one error: "you must enter "1" for yourself...")

Man your checklist is not fair!!! I thought you were done with NVC already!

They're not prepared to handle the number of applications, and yet they insist on being so ####! Why couldn't they forward you docs with the checklist to the embassy?

Everyday I get more worried about chekclists.

Anyway, good luck on the rest of your journey.

Hi march filers!! I had my interview this past wed and I was approved :goofy::goofy: :goofy: :goofy: , my visa is ready to pick up and God willing ill be with my hubby in our house next weekend!! Good luck everyoneeee :dancing:

NOA1 I130 - March 20 2014 TSC
NOA2 I130 - August 20 TSC
Sent to NVC August 27 from TSC
Received - September 15
Case Number and IIN - September 17
AOS/IV FEE -Sept 17
PAID - Sept 17
Ds260 Complete- Sept 25
Package sent Sept 30
Scan Date Oct 2
Case Complete - November 25 :dancing:

Interview: January 28 APPROOOVEDDDD!!

Visa Issued: January 28

Finally Home (L) : Feb/7/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi march filers!! I had my interview this past wed and I was approved :goofy::goofy: :goofy: :goofy: , my visa is ready to pick up and God willing ill be with my hubby in our house next weekend!! Good luck everyoneeee :dancing:

Congrats!

Timeline

Did I dream that up? I can't find a reference to it anywhere, so maybe I did...Was it the confirmation to the IV. I remember seeing that as well and when my husband was preparing for what to bring to the interview I started searching and found reference to him needing to bring it because he may be asked to provide it. I printed the IV app and confirmation page. But surprisingly they did not ask to see the confirmation page.

Thanks!

Awwhhhh PTL I am so happy for you. I have been waiting for you to get back to update us. Congrats!!!!!

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.