Thanks

Divorce within 90 days of fiance's arrival

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone.

I need some help please! i brought my fiance here to the states. shortly after getting here we got married. she got here on the 17th of jan.

now that shes here, i see that it was more of her wanting to come to the states rather her wanting to be with me.

long story short, i want her to get out of this country and go back to her homeland. i havent dont any paperwork for her after she got here. No social security card either. we got married. thats all we got. if we divorce, can she be deported or taken out of the country at the end of the 90 days? what can i do to get her to leave. because she does not want to go back. what can i do?

Edited by msayed

You should be careful, avoid being alone with her in the house (or anywhere), in case she files domestic violence charge against you and applies VAWA on her own.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Hi Everyone.

I need some help please! i brought my fiance here to the states. shortly after getting here we got married. she got here on the 17th of jan.

now that shes here, i see that it was more of her wanting to come to the states rather her wanting to be with me.

long story short, i want her to get out of this country and go back to her homeland. i havent dont any paperwork for her after she got here. No social security card either. we got married. thats all we got. if we divorce, can she be deported or taken out of the country at the end of the 90 days? what can i do to get her to leave. because she does not want to go back. what can i do?

Start a timeline. That will help others to help you.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Wait she can stay here past the 90 days? How will she ever get any citizenship? Or anything without my support? I don't understand

Like the other 12,000,000 illegals in the US, she can choose to stay and be among them.

She is never going to get US citizenship under current laws.

Don't mistake her ability to stay here illegally to mean she is getting anything.

Until her I-94 expires, she is here legally. After that she can simply disappear and become illegal. The reason she can do that is because no one is going to be there on Day 91 to deport her.

Your're biggest concern should be getting her out of your home. You're married now … she has as much right to stay there as you do. You may find yourself kicked out of your home on trumped up charges of abuse.

If she doesn't want to go back to her country … and she has nothing to go back to (i.e., job, adequate living conditions, etc.) … then there is probably very little you can do to encourage her to change her mind. Perhaps better to move out temporarily to protect yourself from false accusations and file for divorce immediately. Considering the very short duration of the marriage, it is highly unlikely she will remain in the home very long and that you'd be on the hook for more than a ticket to her home country and some funds to cover her expenses for a month or two. As a K1, she has absolutely NO chance of remaining in the USA with a legally viable future without your cooperation on adjustment of status. Unfortunately, it's going to take awhile for her to understand this … and even then she may not accept it if she's heard various stories from friends, relatives, etc.

If she does file a VAWA claim … don't worry about the claim with USCIS because there is zero repercussion on you … but do protect yourself from very real accusations to police that may end up with the need to defend yourself in court.

With her being my wife. Can she file for divorce and gain anything even though she's got no status here? My house? She's in a safe place according to the police. I talked to her dad and sister overseas and told them that I'm sending her back. They're in agreement. I think this is all a ploy for her to ditch me and stay here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well I got home today and she's gone. Packed up her stuff. Come to find out, she filed for domestic violence. #######. I'm in shock. Idk what to think even.

What proof does she have of domestic violence? What did the police tell you?

You haven't been married long enough for her to get anything of yours. However, it seems she is trying to set up a VAWA case. You should talk to a lawyer.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Golden gate. She has no proof. The police was only willing to say it was domestic violence within the house and she felt like she wasn't safe. I work from 8 to 6. And when I come home, I leave and go elsewhere like my mom's or friends because of the issues we been having and her pending departure. I haven't even yelled at her let alone laid a finger on her. But you never know in these cases. I feel like women get the benefit of the doubt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

And how come she can't get deported if she's past her 90 days or "illegal"

I'm sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions. But I'm stressing. And I need help

The government is not going to waste money looking for every person who is here illegally. In fact, we have millions of illegal aliens here. Only those with felonies are likely to get deported.

Don't be alone with her and I would recommend you talk to a lawyer before you talk to her. She will try to set you up to make a case against you. Did she already file a restraining order against you?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How do you intend sending her back.

You have been used, move on.

There are 10's of millions here illegally, she is not, so why do you think anybody would be interested in her?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.