flipside

Dana Reeve... Dead

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

really really sad, i feel so sory for their son, losing both parents so close together like that

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sad....seemed like a good strong person ... (F)

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

sad indeed... another great lady to leave this planet... she is with good company... Mother Theresa & Lady Diana... may they all rest in peace!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's something sad and hard to believe! She was too young and wasn't a smoker! I guess this kind of cancerous manifestation must be very rare! Well, God knows about everything... She'll be with her husband now!

Rest in peace!

BRAUSA2.jpg

AMERIZILIANS ALL THE WAY!!! :P

K-1 Journey

--> Jan 27th, 2006 - Sent the petition to Nebraska SC.

--> Jan 31st, 2006 - 1st NOA received by mail.

--> April 20th, 2006 - 2nd NOA in snail mail!

--> May 5th, 2006 - NVC received and left

--> May 24th, 2006 - Pack. 3 received and left (never received package 4, so the Embassy sent me its content by e-mail)

--> June 26th, 2006 - Medical in São Paulo (Dr. Celso Rodrigues Fava)

--> July 11th - Interview APPROVED!! :D

--> July 13th - Visa in hand

AOS

--> Novr 11th, 2006 - Sent AOS and EAD forms

--> Nov 17th, 2006 - NOA 1

--> Dec 4th, 2006 - Biometrics (appt. letter rec. in 11/24)

--> Nov 28th, 2006 - RFE received

--> Jan, 8th, 2007 - RFE sent

--> Jan, 30th, 2007 - EAD card received

--> Mar, 13th, 2007 - Interview - Pending Security Checks

--> July, 16th, 2007 - USCIS site: Security checks cleared. Welcome Letter in the way!

--> July, 26th, 2007 - GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!! (done with USCIS until 04/2009)

Removing Conditions on Residency

--> April 16th, 2009 - Sent I-751 Application to California Service Center

--> May 8th, 2009 - NOA received (1 year extension letter]

--> June 1st, 2009 - Biometrics appt. letter received

I LOVE MY BABE CHRIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is so sad. After all that family went through this is just not fair at all.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
That's something sad and hard to believe! She was too young and wasn't a smoker! I guess this kind of cancerous manifestation must be very rare! Well, God knows about everything... She'll be with her husband now!

Rest in peace!

Nope, not rare:

The American Cancer Society and the other professional anti contingents of the so-called "public health community" don't like it to be known that anywhere from 20,000 to 30,000 never-smokers get lung cancer every year. Some of these are very young, like pilot Lisa Wagner, a never-smoker who died from lung cancer in June, 2002. She was 31. Or bagpipe champion Kevin Quail, also 31. Or Susan Manley, 38, of Cincinnati, who never smoked, never worked around tobacco smoke, and grew up in a non-smoking home. Or Kim Perrot, the champion Women's National Basketball Assn. point guard of the Houston Comets, who was only 32 when she died of lung cancer.

Even vehement anti-smokers get lung cancer. Just this past September, celebrity hairdresser Murdo Maclean died of lung cancer at 52. He not only never smoked (or drank) himself, but he banned smoking in his shop in the 1970s and was vehement about his opposition to tobacco smoke and smoking.

And, despite all the smoking bans, the incidence of lung cancer in never-smokers appears to be rising, even in men. According to a study by IARC (an arm of the World Health Organization), the rate of lung cancer in a cohort of never-smoking Swedish men was more than four times as high between 1991 and 1995 as it had been between 1976 and 1980 [bofetta P, Jarvholm B, Brennan P, Nyren O, "Incidence of lung cancer in a large cohort of non-smoking men from Sweden," International Journal of Cancer, 94:4, pp. 591-593, 8/27/01]. Abstract can be found here.

Further, about 50% of diagnosed lung cancer cases are in EX-smokers, some of whom have not smoked in 30 or more years, like Bernard Fox, retired chief executive officer of Northeast Utilities in Berlin, Connecticut: "I had not smoked in more than 30 years, and I had kept in excellent physical condition. In a nutshell, lung cancer was the last disease I thought I would get," [bernard M. Fox, "Uphill Battle," Hartford Courant, 12/4/01].

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

she was an actress, but she was also the chairman of the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation

The Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation has awarded $53 million in scientific research grants and provided $6.5 million in quality-of-life grants to nonprofit organizations helping those struck by “anything that impairs mobility, including stroke, ALS, multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy.” New fund-raising efforts include a Superman dog tag and a children’s book, Dewey Doo-it Helps Owlie Fly Again.

The Reeves also created the Christopher and Dana Reeve Resource Center in 2002 as a program within the Foundation after reading the letters that poured in asking for help. “I wanted there to be one place you could contact and ask, ‘What do I do now?’ and find answers,” she explains.

Dana Reeves

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
sad indeed... another great lady to leave this planet... she is with good company... Mother Theresa & Lady Diana... may they all rest in peace!

How can you put Lady Diana and Dana Reeves in the same catagory as Mother Theresa. What did Lady Diana ever do except marry Prince Charles and do photo ops holding poor children. Died in a chauffer driven Mercedes with her billionare boyfriend running from photographers, rough life.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
she was an actress, but she was also the chairman of the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation
The Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation has awarded $53 million in scientific research grants and provided $6.5 million in quality-of-life grants to nonprofit organizations helping those struck by “anything that impairs mobility, including stroke, ALS, multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy.” New fund-raising efforts include a Superman dog tag and a children’s book, Dewey Doo-it Helps Owlie Fly Again.

The Reeves also created the Christopher and Dana Reeve Resource Center in 2002 as a program within the Foundation after reading the letters that poured in asking for help. “I wanted there to be one place you could contact and ask, ‘What do I do now?’ and find answers,” she explains.

Dana Reeves

Now THAT is a great lady...that was her contribution to this world...and it is truly sad that she's gone, and from a disease that should have had a cure for by now. You'd think with all the research done across the world on cancer and aids that a cure would have been found by now.

Sigh.....

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

How can you put Lady Diana and Dana Reeves in the same catagory as Mother Theresa. What did Lady Diana ever do except marry Prince Charles and do photo ops holding poor children. Died in a chauffer driven Mercedes with her billionare boyfriend running from photographers, rough life.

Charity work

Starting in the mid-to-late 1980s, the Princess of Wales became well known for her support of charity projects, and is credited with considerable influence for her campaigns against the use of landmines and helping the victims of AIDS.

AIDS

In April 1987, the Princess of Wales was the first high-profile celebrity to be photographed knowingly touching a person infected with the HIV virus. Her contribution to changing the public opinion of AIDS sufferers was summarised in December 2001 by Bill Clinton at the 'Diana, Princess of Wales Lecture on AIDS', when he said:

In 1987, when so many still believed that AIDS could be contracted through casual contact, Princess Diana sat on the sickbed of a man with AIDS and held his hand. She showed the world that people with AIDS deserve no isolation, but compassion and kindness. It helped change world opinion, and gave hope to people with AIDS with an outcome of saved lives of people at risk.

Landmines

Perhaps her most widely publicised charity appearance was her visit to Angola in January 1997, when, serving as an International Red Cross VIP volunteer [1], she visited landmine survivors in hospitals, toured de-mining projects run by the HALO Trust, and attended mine awareness education classes about the dangers of mines immediately surrounding homes and villages.

The pictures of Diana touring a minefield, in a ballistic helmet and flak jacket, were seen worldwide. (In fact, mine-clearance experts had already cleared the pre-planned walk that Diana took wearing the protective equipment.) In August that year, she visited Bosnia with the Landmine Survivors Network. Her interest in landmines was focused on the injuries they create, often to children, long after the conflict has finished.

She is widely acclaimed[2] for her influence on the signing by the governments of the UK and other nations of the Ottawa Treaty in December 1997, after her death, which created an international ban on the use of anti-personnel landmines. Introducing the Second Reading of the Landmines Bill 1998 to the British House of Commons, the Foreign Secretary, Robin Cook, paid tribute to Diana's work on landmines:

All Honourable Members will be aware from their postbags of the immense contribution made by Diana, Princess of Wales to bringing home to many of our constituents the human costs of landmines. The best way in which to record our appreciation of her work, and the work of NGOs that have campaigned against landmines, is to pass the Bill, and to pave the way towards a global ban on landmines. [3]

As of January 2005, Diana's legacy on landmines remained unfulfilled. The United Nations appealed to the nations which produced and stockpiled the largest numbers of landmines (China, India, North Korea, Pakistan, Russia and the United States) to sign the Ottawa Treaty forbidding their production and use, for which Diana had campaigned. Carol Bellamy, Executive Director of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), said that landmines remained "a deadly attraction for children, whose innate curiosity and need for play often lure them directly into harm's way".

Diana, Princess of Wales

she used her power and influence for good

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

mdyoung, i feel so fuckin' SOOOOOORRY for you. :angry: ...that woman gave up everything and dedicated her life to her husband...thats why she's a great woman....you'd be lucky enough if your wife wont leave you after getting her greencard....probably you think the way you think cause you wish you had a wife like her....i wonder how your precious significant other would take care of you if you'd be paralized....at the courthouse probably....getting a divorce

you disgust me :angry:

at least if you dont have any nice words for a woman that deserves all our admiration for what she's done , shut the ###### up !!! :angry:

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Now Larry King has a show on about her and John Kerry is talking about her. What the hell did this woman ever do other than be the wife of Chistopher Reeves. I just don't get it.

Well, although I agree with you, it's a trend that has a long legacy. The wife assumes the stature and importance of the husband by virtue of marriage.

I recall not too many years ago an instance whereby a wealthy family won a state lottery. The wife; the spouse of a medical doctor (MD) stood before the cameras and stated that given who/whom she was that she really didn't need the prize but that of course it was welcome. She did so in a very condescending tone. Obviously she was lambasted in the press for her comments but one needs to step back and and ask the same question; how did this woman aquire such stature? Well, she simply sleeps with someone that actually earned the stature by hard work. Her claim to fame is simply that she sleeps with an accomplished person....

SIC.....

miss_me_yet.jpg