Devy and Lynette

Can I the petitioner fill out form DS-160 for my fiance

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG!!!! i just clicked it for my fiance!!! i wasn' aware how electronic signing works and didn' read at all about the strick requirement of having him ign it. What can i do now!!!! Please i need help!!!!! We are soooo much in trouble.!!!!

Do we need to send a new one????

Call the US Embassy in Manila to verify if you need to resubmit the DS-160. Here's the number: (703) 520-2235 this is specifically for calls from mainland United States. They are accessible from Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Manila time, except US and Philippine holidays.

Edited by Palawan15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Palawan, Thanks a bunch!!

I just called them today. They advised me to file another one and this time. He will sign it. Whew!!!

Edited by Soulmate1971

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Filed: Timeline

If I'm the Petitioner and my fiance is the Beneficiary and I help fill out DS-160 form, dose that mean I fill out my fiance (beneficiary) information or my information and let my fiance (beneficiary) click the Sign button? Please help?

Also, when we're ask to fill out the DS-160 form, dose that mean these steps such as :

-- Case arrived at Embassy...

-- Received Packet 3 with Medical Instructions and Consulate Embassy checklist via email only

have been already completed right? If those steps are not yet done with then they wouldn't ask you to fill out the DS-160, right? Those steps come before you got asked to fill out the DS-160, right? And after you complete the DS160, the next step would be waiting for and interview from the embassy, right? Can anyone help me out with this? Thank You!!!

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/6/2014 at 12:16 PM, baron555 said:

Anyone can do it but the beneficiary needs to bring the printed cert sheet to the interview.

Only one form and on it you would list any kids that will join or will follow with K-2 visas.

But there is a fee, correct?  Can I fill all out for him with my credit card number and pay for it or does he have to do that when he signs and prints off?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/17/2015 at 2:17 PM, Palawan15 said:

Call the US Embassy in Manila to verify if you need to resubmit the DS-160. Here's the number: (703) 520-2235 this is specifically for calls from mainland United States. They are accessible from Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Manila time, except US and Philippine holidays.

Hmmm...I guess I don't understand electronic signing either then.  How do they know who clicked and signed if the beneficiary says they  signed it if asked or does this person mean they, the petitioner, signed their own name in the beneficiary signature area?

Edited by Pelmeni

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/25/2018 at 10:30 AM, Pelmeni said:

Hmmm...I guess I don't understand electronic signing either then.  How do they know who clicked and signed if the beneficiary says they  signed it if asked or does this person mean they, the petitioner, signed their own name in the beneficiary signature area?

It is trackable by your IP address. If your IP address indicates that you are in Virginia and your fiancee lives in Russia then the IP location should be from Russia when the submit button is clicked.  An IP address (short for Internet Protocol address) is used to identify computers on the Internet. It works like a return address would on a piece of mail.

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/16/2016 at 5:10 PM, MaiMe said:

If I'm the Petitioner and my fiance is the Beneficiary and I help fill out DS-160 form, dose that mean I fill out my fiance (beneficiary) information or my information and let my fiance (beneficiary) click the Sign button? Please help?

Also, when we're ask to fill out the DS-160 form, dose that mean these steps such as :

-- Case arrived at Embassy...

-- Received Packet 3 with Medical Instructions and Consulate Embassy checklist via email only

have been already completed right? If those steps are not yet done with then they wouldn't ask you to fill out the DS-160, right? Those steps come before you got asked to fill out the DS-160, right? And after you complete the DS160, the next step would be waiting for and interview from the embassy, right? Can anyone help me out with this? Thank You!!!

Did you ever get an answer to this? Whose information is used on the ds 160?

*** Zombie thread locked.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.