Silnjoe

NVC received case, says wait 30d for #

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

The NVC received our case from USCIS on 3 Mar. I have been calling them every other day to find out when they receive it. Now, they say to allow 30 days until the case is assigned a case number/IIN/BIN.

Does it typically take this long? Should I call every day anyway to just keep asking if it has a case # yet?

Thanks!

P.s. I tried updating my timeline but it isn't updating. I-130 transferred to CSC on 3 Feb, approved 20 Feb and now at NVC 3 Mar 2014.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi! for me NVC take 11working days for give me Case Number!!

2FMbp1.png

I-130 / F-2A ( Spouse of LPR ) varie_amore_10.gif

To see every step go to my Immigration Story..

02.13.2012 NOA 1 - PRIORITY DATE

11.20.2013 NOA 2 - APPROVAL DATE

03.07.2014 CASE COMPLETE

04.04.2014 INTERVIEW LETTER

05.20.2014 MEDICAL EXAMINATION

05.21.2014 INTERVIEW DATE

06.03.2014 AP...THE WAIT CAN BE FROM 1 TO 4 MONTHS...

08.08.2014 YET IN AP, STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE AT TODAY!! AUGUST 8 !! YUPPY!

08.11.2014 YET IN AP...AT TODAY HAVE PASSED 7 WEEKS (counting business days)

08.12.2014 OMG!! TODAY VISA STATUS SAY READY!!! I can't believe!!!

08.13.2014 VISA STATUS ISSUED!!!!!

08.24.25014 POE

lineacuori.gif

N-400 My hubby's Naturalization varie_amore_10.gif

PHOENIX LOCKBOX

07.14.2014 N-400 MAILED

07.17.2014 N-400 DELIVERED

07.24.2014 N-400 ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION LETTER

08.08.2014 FINGERPRINT LETTER

08.18.2014 FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT DATE

28.09.2014 INTERVIEW LETTER

22.10.2014 INTERVIEW DATE

30.10.2014 OATH CERIMONY FINALLY US CITIZEN!!!!

11.07.2014 US Passport Received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does it typically take this long? Should I call every day anyway to just keep asking if it has a case # yet?

I'm a data freak. I did some queries on the timelines of fellow VJers here, and averaged them out. The average time is between 5 and 6 days. 5.xxx days. There is one that took *27* days, but the vast majority of them are under a week.

YES, keep calling. Be prepared for this though. When you give them your receipt number, if they ask for the beneficiaries name, you have a case #. Just answer the questions, and they'll give it to you.

It has been taking 25 - 30 days. They received my case on Jan 21 and I got my case number on the 25th of Feb I believe. (It was last week some time.) They got very behind with all the holidays and snow days they had to take off.

* 21 APR 2016 - 90 Days before husbands conditional green card expires

5-6 days? In a fantasy world maybe. In reality, it takes about a month, 20-30 BUSINESS DAYS, that's 4-6 weeks.

I wouldn't call at all for at least 1 week, the chances are virtually zero it will happen that quickly. Start calling after a week, maybe every 3-4 days. Then after 3 weeks, start callig more often.

Personally, I called about once a week the whole time. Then I kind of stopped calling and figured we'd hear from them when it was ready and we got an email from NVC about AOS fee being due. We provided an email on the i-130.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I guess with all the weather and stuff its been drastically delayed. Got our case number in a week but this was way back in October 2013.

Edited by vkrishn

There was a time where it took 8 weeks to get a case number from the NVC if you had approval from TSC and were K1. So your data maybe a little off. Also it's a good idea to look at what the person is filing before answering ;) Just an idea. ;)

The benefit of being a CR1, you dont' have to adjust your status and you're not ever stuck in limbo.

but you do have to do all that work at the NVC like wait 20-30 business days for a case number. :) BOO

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.