Unknown Guest

Scam victims get what they deserve

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

That's going to be an interesting thread (if it doesn't get deleted). I can't sometime help thinking in a similar way as OP but it really is none of my bussiness. There is a fine line between true love and coming to US just for immigration - with all these people falling in love and accidentaly getting married in 3 weeks.

It will be extremely interesting to see if there is any other country in the world with marriage-based immigration rate anywhere close to US (can be comparative - based on population). My guess is no...

The only problem is it's not only them loosing in this whole situation. Others which have legitimate relationships (but again - thin line), taxpayers as some of these immigrants then bring families and live off the welfare and so on...

That is an unfair generalization. You can't make a sweeping conclusion like that without knowing each person's story.

Sein oder Nichtsein, das ist heir die Frage.

Well it would be harsh if you actually were making any kind of a smart statement, basically what I am saying is you sound harsh judgmental and you have no idea of what the facts are. Idiot the divorce rate runs around 80% for immigrant marriages (I will not disclose source) hey dude I know a doctor that was scammed, a lawyer and several poilice men and more than one woman. ####### if we were so poor the visa process is not cheap, and what is success to you may not be success to them. You have no concept of what you are saying you are a ego maniac and just not very smart making totally unintelligent statement like you just made. The 20 year age difference in my thoughts is a major red flag. But, most of those men have money and there lives are okay. where you live , I am a restaurant manager I am 47 and I make $48,000 a year I guess we should consider your great slary the bar for getting married huh? I hope you are kicked off this website for making such stupid uneducated posts. Dorat, Murdouch,

the point about money is valid for USC vs. non-usc.

Its like. If you see an Old guy (ie. hugh hefner, rupert murdoh) with a young woman (whether immigrant or US citizen) as well. Why do you think the girl sticks with the guy? It's because he has a LOT of money. I don't mean to disparage your $47k salary. But, it really is quite average or below average.

So hypothetically speaking (because I dont' want u to assume I am talking about u), why would a much younger girl want to marry an old, poor or non-rich guy after just a few meetings? RED flags!!! so if the guy continues despite the red flags and gets scammed...he was just stupid (regardless of his profession - also regarding your examples, there are lots of poor lawyers and poor policemen. those are just avg salaried positions. Dr. on the other hand....thats a high-paying profession).

I've seen a lot of nasty, over generalising posts on this forum in the past year but yours really takes the gold medal. The affairs of fellow VJ members and those who are scammed really is none of your business . Yes people sometimes almost seem to ask for it by jumping into a marriage without knowing the beneficiary but what has it got to do with you? Calling all middle aged men who marry younger spouses losers is unfair and wrong. Why do you not criticise middle aged women who marry 20 year old north Africans too if you are going all out to be offensive. I really think posts of this nature do not belong on this website at all and you should keep personal opinions to yourself and not use them to attack others.

Actually, I think the same of those middle age/old women marrying 20 year old N. Africans. They are also lumped into the pile of "idiots". My main point is....if you are an NON-rich older person (male or female), marrying a much younger spouse (male or female) and you end up getting scammed. I am not sure why they would be surprised? The red flags were there. You were just an idiot for having ignored all those red flags.

Filed: Timeline

(Not generalization is) the biggest issue. It is the losers complaining to the forum or to USCIS, thus creating an anti-immigrant case. Very similar to any entrapment.

I might venture out myself (one day) in quest for a younger wife; one thing I'll never do is complain thereafter. Stupid people are also dishonest. But no surprise here: biggest banks engage in risky moves, and later go crying for bail out. So it's not always stupidity, they're just not honest with themselves. Collect billions in bonuses or trillions in bailout - can't call them stupid

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

so reading more stories on VJ about scam "victims", I noticed a lot of them seem to be Older US Citizens (significantly older, 20+ years age gap) and young Beneficiary. Oftentimes, these ppl never met in person, or met online, had a quick "relationship" and quick decision to get engaged or married. I also noticed a lot of these USCs also seem to have a fetish for a particular ethincity of girls (ie. asian, filipina, chinese, etc...)

A lot of these USC also seem to be financially challenged for their age (ie. low salary by American standards for someone 40+ years of age). So to sum these USCs up: they are old (& probably ugly due to their age), poor, stupid (so dumb as to believe that a young pretty girl would want to marry them after a few meetings online) and fetishists. So basically, they are lousy "catches" in America. Which girl in their right mind would want to marry these losers?

So these beneficiary girls are trading off their youth, beauty, and leaving behind their family and friends...to marry a loser USC? Some take their "trade off" seriously and fulfill their end of the bargain and are genuine in trying to make the marriage work. Others are "scammers" who don't like the trade and run as fast as they can once they get their green cards. But can you blame them? Why would a young, beautiful girl want to stick with a loser USC?

Or am I being too harsh?

Well geez, those are pretty awful and rude things to say. Interesting generalizations you have...

1. ...a fetish? Really?

2. Women USCs get scammed too.

3. No one deserves to get scammed.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I figure if someone much younger, be it man or woman, wants to marry an American, (or whatever other nationality for that matter)simply to better themselves and/or their financial position and are serious about it then good for them. I've seen mail order brides that have come for what couldn't possibly have been love but they take their obligation seriously, have kids and become part of the community. It does happen, and yes, for some guys it's the best thing that could happen to them as they may be too shy or whatever in their own community, but a well-meaning foreign girl can really make a huge difference in their life. And that doesn't mean the guys are losers though- often they've built up successful businesses as they've had the time and energy. Not saying that all older man/younger woman couples feature a socially awkward man but that's what I've seen.

If a person is honest and sincere, how they form a relationship is up to them.

Now scammers are a whole different story!

Actually, I think the same of those middle age/old women marrying 20 year old N. Africans. They are also lumped into the pile of "idiots". My main point is....if you are an NON-rich older person (male or female), marrying a much younger spouse (male or female) and you end up getting scammed. I am not sure why they would be surprised? The red flags were there. You were just an idiot for having ignored all those red flags.

Hey have you considered to actually make some constructive suggestions that concerning anyone's immigration issue or problem? If not then just shut your pilehole because other people's personal life is none of your business. Sure you have the right of "free speech" but why don't you just go on the street and point out every single couple which meets the standard of yours of being "old ugly dumb" and "just wanting a GC" and tell them in person instead of making such a pointless post on a VISA forum. I'm sure you will love to argue with them in person.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to come to the US, nothing wrong with wanting to be with someone who is financially stable, and also, nothing wrong with taking a risk to pursue a relationship. So if you are bored why don't you just go to work out or spend time with people who tolerate you in real life, in stead of trolling on a forum while other people are seeking real helpful advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread closed for review. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.