Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had to send our paper work to Arizona it was then transferred to NSC.........

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date Service Center : Nebraska Service Center Consulate : Egypt Marriage (if applicable): 2014-01-17 I-130 Sent : 2014-02-18 I-130 NOA1 : 2014-02-26

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed at Chicago and it was sent to Nebraska for processing. My NOA-1 date was Feb 6, 2014. I included a request to expedite along with my i-130 petition, and when I called to inquire about it they hadn't even noticed it. Great!! :( So the lady put in a request over the phone and a few days later I received an email saying they couldn't do anything about an expedite request at the moment.. this was the reason...

We are unable to expedite your application at this time as we are waiting for your biometrics to be taken. When you receive your biometric notice, you may go to the appointment location on an earlier date than scheduled. If they are able to accommodate you, they will do so. Once you have completed your biometrics you may resubmit your expedite request. Please be advised that an emergent need must be presented.

I don't understand though.. do they request biometrics this early on? I thought you had to get your NOA-2 first and then further on in the process that you complete your biometrics...

I am currently waiting for a call back to hear back from USCIS office concerning this matter.

Let me know if you folks have any comments or thoughts on this matter!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just to update so they basically told me that email about biometrics was a mistake. And that when I sent my request with the i-130 intially that they probably denied it and just didn't notify me that it was denied. #######??? And this immigration officer on the phone was just assuming and I asked him how to proceed whether I should file another request or contact a senator and he said, "No, you can't do anything. You have to wait 6-9 months like everyone else to get processed." TO me this doesn't make any sense I mean they didn't even look at all the evidence I sent with my request and hes just gonna say too bad for you. At least give me the fair chance of evaluating the evidence I sent in to support myrequest to expedite!!

Any suggestions or ideas on how I should proceed? Or what I can do to advocate for myself???

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My hubby and I 2 sent in our I-130dancin5hr.gif in NOVEMBER and we received the NOA1 on December 2 2013. Since then we have yet 2 receive anything. my hubby is taking it really hard knowing that we will be apart longer than expected becuz they are moving slowcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gif . I'm still trying 2 rap my mind on how the process for a fiancée visa is faster than that of a spousal visaranting33va.gifranting33va.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got approved today from Nebraska!!!!!!!!

Alhamdou li Allah!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats and MABROUK 3LIK i wish you a speedy process in the next stages.

I am a fer 2014 filer still have a long and trying wait, but do let me know how the nvc stage go. i need to be ahead of the game preparation wise.

you are nin my prayers.

Timeline

Congrats and MABROUK 3LIK i wish you a speedy process in the next stages.

I am a fer 2014 filer still have a long and trying wait, but do let me know how the nvc stage go. i need to be ahead of the game preparation wise.

you are nin my prayers.

Thank you very much!

I for sure will keep you posted on the process!!!

So far I'm still waiting for NVC to receive the petitions.

If they allow it, I would choose to go with the I-129F (k3)

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

Thank you very much!

I for sure will keep you posted on the process!!!

So far I'm still waiting for NVC to receive the petitions.

If they allow it, I would choose to go with the I-129F (k3)

Inchaalah they will receive it soon, take what ever they give you and roll with the punches.

i too was wondering about K3, i can't bear to be away from my baby that long, i guess frequent trips to lblad.

Timeline

Inchaalah they will receive it soon, take what ever they give you and roll with the punches.

i too was wondering about K3, i can't bear to be away from my baby that long, i guess frequent trips to lblad.

It's kinda crazy! This whole process is awful! And going to lblad is not really an easy thing right now

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

It's kinda crazy! This whole process is awful! And going to lblad is not really an easy thing right now

gods willing this whole thing be over soon for you, yes it not that easy but i am thinking about it, considering i was there just in December.

i am looking for ticket for the end of April if the price is right. here is to hoping.

Filed: Timeline

Interesting for those of us stuck in Nebraska: I had my Congressman inquire at NSC as to the status of my case (even though it's only just arrived there; I've got some time-critical decisions to make, as do we all). The response he received from the congressional liaison there:

The Nebraska Service Center (NSC) is currently processing Forms I-130 within 5-6 months from the date received.

This, despite the USCIC page saying Nebraska is currently taking 9 months to process I-130s. They wouldn't lie to Congress, would they? mad.gif

Interesting for those of us stuck in Nebraska: I had my Congressman inquire at NSC as to the status of my case (even though it's only just arrived there; I've got some time-critical decisions to make, as do we all). The response he received from the congressional liaison there:

This, despite the USCIC page saying Nebraska is currently taking 9 months to process I-130s. They wouldn't lie to Congress, would they? mad.gif

I think they'll tell whoever whatever they think they want to hear.

I was at the US Consulate in Sydney recently (updating SSN - completely unrelated) and asked the question about processing times. The guy I spoke to seemed surprised when I said we had submitted the I-130 in July and hadn't been approved yet. The 'Official Correspondence' they are given is to tell people that it will take 5-6 months from start to finish - that is, from the time you submit your I-130 to the time you have your visa in hand. 8 months later and we still don't even have an approval... what a joke headbonk.gif

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (Spouse)

USCIS:

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-130:

03-09-2013: Marriage in Australia

07-11-2013: NOA1

03-19-2014: NOA2

08-12-2014: Case Complete

09-09-2014: Interview in Sydney, Australia. APPROVED!

01-28-2015: POE - LAX

I-751:

11-03-2016: i751 package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

Meehan! Following the NSC spreadsheets and what's actually being approved from there, seems you'll be very soon! I hope this is true for you, and the rest of us- cuz if they get into July that would be a good thing for all!

Also: I'm in AU in Sydney with hubby too! We should meet up! Haha. We can all complain together. ;)

I hope that 5-6 month thing is true for the newer petitions!

I'm gunna try to start spreadsheet, gimme a few days guys :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.