Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Hey All!

I am a late Jan 2014 filer (I-130 & I-129F) and have been reading as many posts as possible to educate myself and have realistic expectations. Both of my petitions were sent to Nebraska directly - no transfer. Last week I got an update on both petitions that the alien registration number had changed. This week I called and got transferred to immigration who told me that this was a glitch in the system and that my case wasn't even assigned an A number yet.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I know how frustrating it can be to get your hopes up. As everyone else has probably heard, they told me that the average processing time for both petitions was 6-7 months.

I'm excited to follow this post and hear about everyone's process. My hub is in Australia and I am a USC. We are having a reception here in the States in October and I would be thrilled if he was here by then, but understand that is unlikely. Maybe it will be an extra special Christmas present :)

Stay positive everyone!

I have a question....I just mailed my i-130 packet to Chicago lockbox. What happens after that? Does it get transfered somewhere depending where you live? I ask because of this topic. I wouldnt want my case to be transfered to Nebraska if they are taking this long.

well, probably yes, because we mailed 1-130 packet to chicago lockbox and the 1,797c ( notice of action) says we are in Nebraska. My husband lives in new york.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

@etrangais what does d the DACA renewals means and when will it happen

@etrangais what does d the DACA renewals means and when will it happen

DACA: Deffered Action for Childhood Arrivals.

The gouvernement passed a bill to allow illegal immigrants who entered USA as kids (with their illegal immigrants parents) to file for deffered action on deportation.

So, when USCIS got floaded with petitions from DACA, they took ressources away from I-130 petitions filed by US citizens for spouses and parents to process DACA petitions, hence creating a huge backlog of I-130's.

The DACA renewals are starting to hit USCIS again, and God only knows what effect that will have on all other petitons.

You can always search teh keyword "DACA" online for more info

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

DACA renewals better be handled by NBC! NOT service centers!

Also, if NSC wants their Feb numbers look better than sh*t, today is their last chance to fix it! come on NSC, start approving!!!!

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Kaelabelle I'm abroad too, we're lucky to be with hubby but I realllly want to get home. They said in a letter in October that processing dates are "supposedly" going to be back at 5 months by May. That might be good for you!! I'll try to find the link to the letter but it's on internet and on VJ. You should read it, might make you feel better.

Etrangais - like I said, look on VJ at timelines for i-130 and set the filter to transfers- nebraska. They have been on a few Junes lately so I think you're due for good news soon!!! Some people said they got 3 diff transfer emails (you said 2 already right?) and then they really did get approved not too long after. I really hope you get yours soon... You're due! Other centers are halfway done with August and starting sept transfers!!!

thanks for the encouragement!!! it is great to see some positivity around here :)

19/1/2010 met in Spain

08/2011 moved to his home country, Brazil

27/01/2012 got married!

06/02/2014 sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

11/02/2014 I-130 package received in Chicago

18/02/2014 NOA1- routed to Nebraska Service Center

21/07/2014 NOA 2

12/08/2014 NVC Recieved

21/08/2014 Sent AOS

30/09/2014 Sent IV Package (should have sent together.... thought that I had to pay fees first)

26/10/2014 Scan Date AOS

20/09/2014 Scan Date IV

03/12/2014 Checklist for AOS, operator said that ALL IS WELL with IV Docs

08/12/2014 Scan Date for corrected AOS

04/02/2015 Expedite request approved

06/02/2015 Case Left NVC

09/02/2015 Case "ready" on CEAC site

23/02/2015 Interview date email from RDJ consulate

24/04/2015 Interview date RDJ consulate

24/04/2015 APPROVED pending arrival of medical exam

04/05/2015 Case "issued" on CEAC site

05/05/2015 Visa/passport in the mail

07/05/2015 Visa in hand!!!!

We are almost there!!!!

I am a Jan 2014 filer routed to Nebraska directly.

I´m not very confident about the random theory...they are supposed to process cases on a first come first served basis, if not....Why do we need a priority date? Just for filing? The receipt number would be enough for processing, then.

I am skeptical, I think they really take into account the filing and priority dates. According to their official processing times, Nebraska is taking 9 months (average) in doing approvals. So that, in my case, I do not expecty anything until October...

Maybe those cases of December you are referring to are K-1 visas. It seems they handle them quicker than IR-1/CR-1 requests....

We filed our's last Nov.29,then we got the NOA1 Dec 2,then we were approved by Jan.6..and the NVC received our package Jan.21..so..we phoned them to ask what to do next and they said wait until they instruct to file the AOS..then pay it

Filed: Timeline

DACA: Deffered Action for Childhood Arrivals.

The gouvernement passed a bill to allow illegal immigrants who entered USA as kids (with their illegal immigrants parents) to file for deffered action on deportation.

Just for the sake of accuracy, the government did not pass this; in fact similar bills that had been tried previously were all roundly defeated in Congress. This was Obama all by himself, doing one of his now-famous end-runs around Congress. ranting33va.gifhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals#Politics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just for the sake of accuracy, the government did not pass this; in fact similar bills that had been tried previously were all roundly defeated in Congress. This was Obama all by himself, doing one of his now-famous end-runs around Congress. ranting33va.gifhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals#Politics

Thanks for the clarification!

At the end , it is the same outcome as far as we are concerned!

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Timeline

At the end , it is the same outcome as far as we are concerned!

Yeah, but for us US citizens, it's important to keep track of what what the 'political elite' is up to. and make them answer for it at election time. It often looks like Obama trained as a constitutional lawyer merely so he'd be better at subverting it...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.