KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Guys, I got this recently:

On July 31, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

Does anybody know when my fiance can start calling them if they got our petition? and is it normal that is says "Department of State"? :P I was kind of expecting to see "NVC" there.

Congrats! I'd call btn 3-5 days after! NVC is under D.O.S..technically it's the same thing!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

WE WERE APPROVED!!!! So excited....I received 3 text messages and a email around 12:16AM EST this morning. I guess the USCIS is working late!!!! :-)

Good luck everyone!

I will be updating my timeline! :-)

Filed: Timeline

WE WERE APPROVED!!!! So excited....I received 3 text messages and a email around 12:16AM EST this morning. I guess the USCIS is working late!!!! :-)

Good luck everyone!

CONGRATS!! :) is it possible for our case to be shipped to NVC or DOS without our USCIS status being changed??? I received my approval on JULY 24th. Nothing yet!! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

CONGRATS!! :) is it possible for our case to be shipped to NVC or DOS without our USCIS status being changed??? I received my approval on JULY 24th. Nothing yet!! :(

thank you! I am not sure....I haven't even started looking into the NVC process. From what i've read on this forum I think you should give NCV a call about a week after receving your NOA2. Good Luck! Keep everyone posted on your progress :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

has anyone ever had luck speaking with a tier 2 officer? I am on 200 days of waiting and I don't think I can wait much more for my noa2… I just want to know what is going on and when they will update the processing times online so I can do a service request (I don't want to cheat the system and put a date in before the 17th of december). How do I go about getting ahold of a tier 2?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Good luck everyone!

CONGRATS! :)

has anyone ever had luck speaking with a tier 2 officer? I am on 200 days of waiting and I don't think I can wait much more for my noa2… I just want to know what is going on and when they will update the processing times online so I can do a service request (I don't want to cheat the system and put a date in before the 17th of december). How do I go about getting ahold of a tier 2?

Just call USCIS and ask for a tier 2 officer :)

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It might be a little more difficult to reach one now, since technically you're within TSC's processing time I'm not sure a Tier 1 would escalate you. You should call and try your luck. When you get the Tier 1 officer, ask to be escalated to a Tier 2 officer and be ready for the onslaught of questions you'll get as to why you need a Tier 2. Otherwise fudging the date might be your only option, they can't actually tell when you mailed your petition in anyway.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Update:

We got the Police certificate and medical done.

Interview in 3 weeks.

If all goes well, she'll be here in 5 weeks. I am excited, scared, happy, nervous all at the same time.

I hope my 15 lbs of evidence is enough. If anyone is filing in mumbai, PM for any advice/questions.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats to those getting NOA-2s and to anybody who gets any progress. Huge thanks to everybody for replies. for all these months I got sooo used to this thread, all these profile photos looking familiar, reading about approvals or any case updates of people who were sharing their frustration a few months ago. All of it makes me so happy, guys. It's just a moment when I want to stop and be thankful. Good luck with your process! And for those still waiting - I know it's hard, but it WILL be all happening soon. My thoughts are with you.

K-1 visa, TSC:

NOA-1 - January 24, 2014

NOA-2 - July 25, 2014

Case shipped to NVC (Department of State actually) - July 31, 2014

Paper copy of NOA-2 received - August 2, 2014

NVC Case Creation Date - August 11, 2014 (as it says on CEAC website)

NVC Ready Status - August 18, 2014

Administrative Processing status - August 28, 2014

Medical - September 8, 2014

Interview - September 12, 2014 . Approved!!! :dancing:

Visa in hand - September 17, 2014

Flight to the USA - October 1, 2014

Wedding - December 6, 2014 (L)

Adjustment of Status:

Documents sent - April 12,2015

USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (email, text) - April 27,2015

Biometrics for AOS - May 20, 2015

RFE in the mail - May 23,2015

Biometrics for EAD (yep, sh*t happens) - June 23,2015

Notice of approval for EAD in mail - June 30,2015

EAD in mail - July 13, 2015

Avance Parole in mail - July 24,2015

Ready to schedule for interview - July 20, 2015

USCIS letter with interview date - August 22,2015

AOS interview date - September 24,2015

Approved! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Welcome letter in mail - September 29,2015

Green card in mail - October 2, 2015

Filed: Timeline

Congrats to those getting NOA-2s and to anybody who gets any progress. Huge thanks to everybody for replies. for all these months I got sooo used to this thread, all these profile photos looking familiar, reading about approvals or any case updates of people who were sharing their frustration a few months ago. All of it makes me so happy, guys. It's just a moment when I want to stop and be thankful. Good luck with your process! And for those still waiting - I know it's hard, but it WILL be all happening soon. My thoughts are with you.

Your case is going by pretty quicklyy!!! Lol...I am still waiting for my case to be shipped!! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats on the recent NOA2 approvals! We finally got our visa issued and my fiance is picking it up tomorrow morning and then flying out! Good luck to everyone still waiting, I know it must be so hard.

Jan 22 2014-NOA 1

June 2 2014- RFE through Email

June 6th 2014- Received RFE in mail then sent back with response through overnight mail

June 13th 2014- NOA2 through email

June 17th 2014- Received email notification that package is on it's way to NVC

June 18th 2014- Received NOA2 letter in mail

June 25th 2014- NVC received

June 26th 2014- Case number assigned

June 30th 2014- Case left NVC, on way to Germany!

July 2nd 2014- Case arrived in Germany

July 9th 2014- Received packet #3

July 9th 2014- Over nighted packet #3 back to Embassy

July 24th 2014- Interview approved

WAITING FOR VISA GLITCH TO BE FIXED, RESCHEDULING FLIGHT

August 4th- Administrative Processing

August 5th- ISSUED!

August 6th- Picking up Visa, and flying out.

August 9th-Wedding

Yeah, I have… and I am still waiting. Was told that that may be extended…. The 45 days is up on the 7th of August so we will see.

They told me 45 business days.... and then 2 days later I got NOA2. Hang in there! This system is convoluted!

In other news, I've been on hold with NVC for 45 minutes.

I just received a letter from my state senator stating " as of July 22nd the USCIC have pulled my file to be worked on. Please allow 45 business days to receive a decision".......45 Business days (2 months) OMG....I don't know if i can wait that long....i hope to hear something before 2 months.

Has anyone received the same letter when contacted a state senator? If so, how long did it take for you to receive a response from the USCIS?

Thanks!!!!!

Yeah, I have… and I am still waiting. Was told that that may be extended…. The 45 days is up on the 7th of August so we will see.

Hang in there! Any minute now! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

45 minutes? Oh geez, I suppose the whole visa glitch is to blame, they're probably getting way more calls more than the usual call overload.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.