12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Once again, I am asking for your input into our case. Fiance was approved 10/10.13, took his passport, was told to go back in 2 days. Long story short, was called to wait because of Ramadan. This was only to realize that it was administrative processing, which I think means more verification of documentation. Anyhow, it will be 4 months and still nothing. I am getting so nervous about all of this because it is useless to call. I did call service center because they did send him an e-mail saying case was not in Morocco. Therefore, what they told me when I called was that they would email me and will hopefully find out was is going on. Please let me know if this has ever happened and if it did, is there a solution?

Edited by rose_ttig

:reading:R.V.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like standard AP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do you mean DOS when you say, "service center?" It has been over 60 days you can call DOS and submit a service request. Now if they told you it is not in Morocco they should be able to tell you where it is physically located. They gave me weekly updates when my husband was on AP. I would try to find out if the file was sent back to USCIS or where it is.

Good luck,

ramadan was in july, not october

Probably meant Eid al-Adha but got mixed up because Ramadan has an Eid too, but good point because if she called and said Ramadan they'd be thinking July not October.

{OUR PROCESS}

*SENT PACKAGE DECEMBER 5TH 2012*

- Dec 9, 2012: Petition received by USCIS via USPS signature confirmation delivery

- Dec 13, 2012: Cleared check & NOA1 later in day

- Dec 18, 2012: NOA1 (hard copy) received in the mail dated the 12th Dec

- February 26, 2013: Petition is being transferred to another office

-February 28, 2013: Petition was received by unspecified office and alien registration number was changed.

-March 04, 2013: Called USCIS & found out our file was transferred to California Service Center.

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

-June 6, 2013: NVC Received petition

-June 19, 2013 : Petition left NVC

-July 3, 2013: Packet 3 Received (via email)

- Aug 13 2013: Interview Date : (Rescheduled for a later date)

- September 25, 2013: New interview date, initially approved but put into AP for insufficient co-sponsor.

- Sept. 25- Nov. 20th 2013: In AP due to insufficient co-sponsor

- Nov 21, 2013: CEAC website says visa is Issued :) YAY!

- Nov 26, 2013: Visa in hand dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Odd, I can not say I practice my religion, quite the opposite, Deaths and Marriages only, but I would not confuse such things?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Odd, I can not say I practice my religion, quite the opposite, Deaths and Marriages only, but I would not confuse such things?

I think you are making an assumption that anyone who is engaged or married to a moslem , are also moslem. Although I know when Ramadan falls for my husband, I didn't know about October Eid until he was here with me. I also spent 5 years in Saudi Arabia in my youth and had many moslem friends and still didn't know. It's the same as my husband not knowing when Christmas falls or Easter. Now that he lives here and goes through the celebration with me he knows as well.

Timeline

Why would you refer to a date using a religious holiday of a religion you were not a member of?

Too weird.

Well Christmas in the US, but seems very few Americans use Easter for example.

But Christmas long ago moved away from a religious activity.

Edited by Boiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I mean no disrespect, I was confused since I really never understood Eid or Ramadan and I will eventually have time to learn and learn really well (hopefully it will be mutual as well for him), know it will... My concern as of now is yes, it is DOS that I called and so is this where I call and put a service request? Also,thank you Destiny64 for clarifying that as well. One last question, what is the standard AP? My concern is if they will eventually give him a 2nd interview and if they do then he will have to go through another medical examination since it will expire soon but again, as mentioned earlier, he was approved, took his passport and it has been little over 4 months.

:reading:R.V.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Waivers/AP forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.