Mr. Big Dog

If you were one of the 17 jurors in VA

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Im for capital punishment...i think that the punishment should fit the crime. If you kill someone, why should your life be spared?? thats my view of it anyway...

in saying that, even though this man didnt actually kill anyone, he knew it was going to happen and didnt stop it. He has the blood of thousands of people on his hands. And if he were to live the rest of his life in prision, he would probably feel no remorse for his actions. So why should he get life in jail when he probabaly wont even consider it 'suffering'?? That would just be allowing one more person to live thinking that terrorism is the answer, and possibly spreading that messege from behind a jail cell, which would still be possible.

I aint cool enough for a signature.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
So why should he get life in jail when he probabaly wont even consider it 'suffering'??

Leave him in jail with the general populaton, preferably in proximity to gang members not friendly to his cause. He will suffer, unless bleeding out of his a$$ till he dies of blood loss is his idea of fun.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

So why should he get life in jail when he probabaly wont even consider it 'suffering'??

Leave him in jail with the general populaton, preferably in proximity to gang members not friendly to his cause. He will suffer, unless bleeding out of his a$$ till he dies of blood loss is his idea of fun.

Well, now, thats not what i meant! :P Im sure he would make a wonderful b*tch!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Isn't death what these guys want? I say don't give him the satisfaction.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

In the future, sentencing will happen American Idol-style on national television. Simon Cowell on mandatory minimums, anyone?

(life in prison.)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Of course. That's how we'll defray incarceration costs in the future, too.

Followed by boxing.

Edited by pax

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

--Neil Finn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Since I am morally opposed to the death penalty, I'd vote life in prison based on the little I know of the case. But the guy is clearly deranged, could he be treated and recover his sanity? And then would it be safe and correct to possibly release him? I'd have to be on the jury to know enough to properly judge that. But in the meantime, life in prison w/o the possibility of parole.

Release at any point of time under any circumstances is not even on the table. It's for him to be locked up for good or put to death. Those are the choices.

I was conjecturing for the future. What if there is some treatment 10, 20 years down the road that turns him into a not insane, normal person? What if he shows true remorse for what he did? Could it be shown then that he wasn't responsible for his actions before? That's one of the reasons I oppose the death penalty, it's brutal & uncivilized and has no recourse for error.

Anyway, yeah, if the choice is death or prison, lock him up in PMITA prison for the rest of his life.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Execute him.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Timeline

Followed by boxing.

Boy, and you would think voting on whether someone lives or dies would get top billing on PPV..... :lol:

I suspect boxing would still be the bigger draw.

--Neil Finn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Followed by boxing.

Boy, and you would think voting on whether someone lives or dies would get top billing on PPV..... :lol:

Why do I have flashbacks of the "Running Man" .. and the book/story.. not the bad movie?? :help:

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

That's one of the reasons I oppose the death penalty, it's brutal & uncivilized and has no recourse for error.

In this respect, it's like any other prison sentence. Put a person away for ten or twenty years, and there is no way to undo that, ever. Maybe you can eventually let a person out if you find his conviction was in error, but that's not the same as undoing the punishment. Our system should be careful to be sure of conviction with ALL cases, not just death penalty ones.

The only reversible criminal penalty is a monetary fine. But there are plenty of crimes for which a monetary fine is not appropriate punishment.

The death penalty doesn't change the prisoner's ultimate fate one whit. Being mortal by definition means eventual death. The death penalty only changes the timing a bit.

Anyway, in this particular case, I don't know if the evidence is strong enough to support a death penalty. Regardless, I think the anti-terrorism cause is better served by locking him up for life instead of granting his original wish to become a martyr.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.