bobby299

I-130/1-129F HELP!!!

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Is not going to hurt, it is free,,, I sent my i130 on June. And sent my i129 two weeks later, still waiting ..... they both transferred at same time and both pending!!!!!! Good luck

Actually, it CAN HURT and is unlikely to help. Don't do it. Often, marrying the two petitions takes the first one out of its place in line and puts it back where the second one came in. If that happens in this case, it will hurt very much indeed. Free is not always a good thing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

Did he want you to write him a personal check to the $340, with the assurance it would go to DHS through him?

No, not personal checks, he said that he needs a money order for his attorney charges ($1500) plus a money order for $340 made payable to his firm, and another one for $40 for a software fee and processing/handling charges. He makes it seem like it is going to the government as a fee for filing the I129F

USCIS

9/15/12 - Married in Tbilisi, Georgia

7/15/13 - I-130 Application submitted

7/29/13 - NOA1 (Overland Park, KS)

1/22/14 - Case transferred to California Service Center, being processed

1/29/12 - USCIS Approval of I-130 Immigrant Petition

Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

It seems like the general consensus is that this is not in the best interest of me and my wife. This is why I turned to the forum here for advice, because any lawyer you ask will tell you have to take the most expensive route. Thank you all for your help, I will notify them that I am not going to proceed with this I129F.

USCIS

9/15/12 - Married in Tbilisi, Georgia

7/15/13 - I-130 Application submitted

7/29/13 - NOA1 (Overland Park, KS)

1/22/14 - Case transferred to California Service Center, being processed

1/29/12 - USCIS Approval of I-130 Immigrant Petition

Timeline

This is a $1,500 attorney fee plus a government filing fee for the I-129F. However, there is no fee for filing an I-129F for a spouse, when an I-130 has already been filed for that spouse. Your attorney doesn't understand how the I-129F for spouse works. Don't pay another dime. Don't file an I-129F at this time.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Is not going to hurt, it is free,,, I sent my i130 on June. And sent my i129 two weeks later, still waiting ..... they both transferred at same time and both pending!!!!!! Good luck

hurt, here,

means

the I-130 for the OP, filed in June 2013,

will be yanked out of it's position in the queue for adjudication,

and the I-130 and the new I-129F put at the end of the queue for adjudication.

I challenge you to refactor your use of the word 'hurt', when you have some free time.

This, to the OP, would be a huge amount of hurt, since time and timing of the adjudication is his primary concern, at the moment.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The whole K3 visa is useless honestly. Before you would file the I-130 and submit documentation once you have the receipt notice then you would simply file the K3 information with a copy of the I-130 receipt notice and there would be no fee. However my I-130 was approved and my K3 was canceled, even though I filed the K3 as soon as I got the I-130 receipt notice. The only bad part is the K3 visa is not a green card, it is a non immigrant visa which means you will need to pay a lot more money for the adjustment of status once the I-130 is approved and its a lot more bull to go through. Just be patient it took me 10 months before my interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Also- those saying it won't hurt and is free... if his attorney is charging him for filing it then it is going to cost him money.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

This is a $1,500 attorney fee plus a government filing fee for the I-129F. However, there is no fee for filing an I-129F for a spouse, when an I-130 has already been filed for that spouse. Your attorney doesn't understand how the I-129F for spouse works. Don't pay another dime. Don't file an I-129F at this time.

Hmmm as they have asked for money orders to all be payable to the firm and not for the filing fee to be payable to USCIS, it wouldn't surprise me if they know EXACTLY how the I-129F works in this case.

That's nearly $2000 all for the firm for doing something which is not going to make a noticeable difference to the processing time and possibly may even slow things down.

Plus then they get the business for the AOS once in the U.S.

Do not file the I-129F through this firm. They are at best ignorant of the process and at worst are trying to make some quick money off you.

Like others I would recommend not doing the K3 and continue on the path you are. However if you really want to do it I would suggest doing it with another lawyer or on your own if you feel confident.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Knowing USCIS they may cancel your I-130 and you will be waiting another 5 to 6 months for the I-129F, I wouldn't do it.. Just stay with the I-130. Darnell had a good idea, that may help? I am not a lawyer nor am I an expert. Sounds like your lawyer isn't either...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

hurt, here,

means

the I-130 for the OP, filed in June 2013,

will be yanked out of it's position in the queue for adjudication,

and the I-130 and the new I-129F put at the end of the queue for adjudication.

I challenge you to refactor your use of the word 'hurt', when you have some free time.

This, to the OP, would be a huge amount of hurt, since time and timing of the adjudication is his primary concern, at the moment.

well I am talking regarding my case,,,it did not hurt me and they did not move my case to end of the line!!!I field june and 2 weeks later my I 129 filed to a different service center,,,I got a letter for both of them transfered to NSC at same time,,the I130 and I129 go to different places,,and the USCIS tells you if any one got approved first will cancell the other,,if this will cause a problem USCIS would not have offered it from the first place.

event.png

event.png

NVC Journey:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa (Wife and Daughter)

Consulate : Cairo

I-130 Approved: 2014-03-05

NVC Received: 2014-03-18

NVC I-130 Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-04-18

Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-04-24

Finally email from NVC saying it is ok now to continue the process 2014-05-27

Received I-864 Bill : 2014-05-28

Pay I-864 (daughter and wife)Bill: 2014-05-29

I-864 Bill Shows PAID: 2014-06-01

I-864 Package Sent to NVC: 2014-05-30

I-864 Package Received by NVC: 2014-06-05

Receive IV Bill for daughter: 2014-06-05

Pay daughter IV Bill: 2014-06-05

completed DS260 (daughter) 2014-06-10

Receive IV Bill for wife: 2014-08-19

Completed/Submitted DS-260 Online: 2014-08-23

IV Package Sent to NVC (daughter): 2014-06-11

IV Package Received by NVC (wife): 2014-08-22

Case Complete (WIFE): 2014-10-14

INTERVIEW DATE: NOV 13, 2014

VISA ON HAND: NOV 17, 2014

Back to USA: DEC 10, 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No, not personal checks, he said that he needs a money order for his attorney charges ($1500) plus a money order for $340 made payable to his firm, and another one for $40 for a software fee and processing/handling charges. He makes it seem like it is going to the government as a fee for filing the I129F

I would never speak to that attorney again.

$1500 for filing a paper? $340, if there even was a fee, should be made payable to DHS, not his firm. Software fee? What?

Boy was he looking to make out like a champion from you.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

OP... You are near the end, don't disrupt the process as it COULD day you further... Filing for the K3 right after the I130 would make sense, but months after, spells trouble. I would also be wary of what he lawyer is selling, either ignorant or a shyster...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

well I am talking regarding my case,,,it did not hurt me and they did not move my case to end of the line!!!I field june and 2 weeks later my I 129 filed to a different service center,,,I got a letter for both of them transfered to NSC at same time,,the I130 and I129 go to different places,,and the USCIS tells you if any one got approved first will cancell the other,,if this will cause a problem USCIS would not have offered it from the first place.

Copious experience tells me otherwise. The I-130 is NEVER cancelled because of an I-129F approval, REALLY. NEVER.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

the I-130 would never be cancelled. It's needed for the spousal visa.

The USCIS offers the potential for a K3 because of the Life Act that created the K3 in the first place. But policy by both the USCIS and the NVC make the K3 available 0.33% of the time. That's less than 1%. The USCIS adjudicate them together, send both to the NVC, whereas the NVC then closes the I-129F.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.