55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Ahhhh.. So we have moved to the "do I have a case against him" stage... Interesting... To answer your question, probably no as there is not "demonstratable" proof of actual abuse... You are not locked in, you are not being denied food and shelter and there is no physical abuse... proof Such as police report, fear for your life or actual endangerment... Is he a jerk, yes, but filing a claim based on this would I believe, be unsuccessful... Sorry your journey to America ended like this.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

like everybody else, I hope my opinion will help you... I guess, all you need to do is run through all your options right now...if you have a filipino friend or a friend in chruch that you can ask for opinions and if you make up your mind, then you can talk to your fiancé and maybe youll get into a decision. It is very very important to have a firm decision in this point of time.. ask your church to pray for you because God alone knows what is the best plan for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If they lock her in, then that is domestic violence. But her post states that she goes to her church, library , or friend. This simply means she has the freedom to go anywhere. We do not know how their relationship had progressed, believe it or not sometimes cases of domestic violence are self inflected. ( I am not saying the OP is - but just sayin') Meaning, those who claimed to be victims were the ones who fumed the dragon out of its hiding. that being said, one still have to get proper grounds & evidences to prove such accusation.

Also, we do not know the reason why the husband changed his mind. We hear just a portion of the story. But one thing is for sure, there's a reason. in my own understanding, the OP is emotionally & mentally devastated...but if it is really ABUSE / a ground for Domestic Violence. it is too early to tell.

My ex claimed she was controlled and trapped, even though she had babysitters, nannies, thousands of dollars, and people driving her around. My point is she can say whatever she wants to VAWA. And she can say whatever she wants to her relief agency and her psychologist. Her affidavit writers can also write whatever they want. That is the absolute truth of VAWA. I've lived it folks.

I never hit her, called her names, or abused her. She even made wild love to me up until our last night together. When I served divorce papers and told her to leave, she went straight to VAWA to get her green card.

This woman can do the same. Burden of proof my butt. All you need are some good supporters to promote and perseverate your lies. Happens every day.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Hi Ashiteru18, when you arrive and before you got married in August, have you seen any changes then? All these mommy-son-moments-together-all-the-time cant just happen abruptly right? Because you mentioned you live with his parents down the basement, so every day you see how things go at your/their household. How old is he? How old are you? Is he the only child? You mentioned step-father, where is his dad? The reason why I'm asking is because, believe it or not, all these might have something to do with what's going on. When you say "case against him", I am not sure what you are talking about. I don't see any abuse here (based on what you wrote) - This is just a matter of "you" and "him" settling this whole thing out. Otherwise, if you are talking about your immigration status, you wont have a status here as soon as your I-94 expires. You will eventually get deported if you don't or if he wont sign the paper work.

Genesis 2:24 - Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

I really don't know the whole story, I can only see the glass half-full. I have more to ask, but I guess I am just going to leave it like this until I hear from you.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

The strangest thing about the opening post is that the title says the husband wants a divorce, but there isn't really anything in the post itself explaining why he wants a divorce.

The insinuation is that he does not want to sign for financial responsibility, but that is a consequence of wanting divorce, not the cause of wanting divorce. Falling out of love would explain all of the time spent away from a spouse, although it does sound like this guy might be a worm dressed up as a human.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Everytime I read story like this, I just feel sick. Why on earth there are people who doesn't know what love is ? This man should have not petitioned you to come to the US and don't want responsibility, making you out of status.

The guy arranged the marriage from his mothers basement. Ah...hello! Its too bad she missed that big red flag oops8rh.gif

Dec 12th, 2013 – Mailed in I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox.

Dec 13th, 2013 – Package Delivered.

Dec 18th, 2013 - NOA1 Text and Email

Dec 20th, 2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail. Notice date on hardcopy says December 17th.

Jan 24th, 2014 - NOA2 - update on USCIS website

Feb 12th, 2014 - NVC has received our approved I-129F and we were given a Case #

March 15th, 2014 - Passed St. Luke's Medical Exam

March 15. 2014 - Rescheduled Embassy Appointment to March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014 - Visa Approved! :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your story. It's extremely unfortunate that you met such a person. I know it's not easy to have left so many good things behind for someone & then turn around you've to go back to start from scratch while the other person basically lose peanut as compare to you. I don't have a solution for you, but I think it's best for you to go back to your home country as you've support there, life can be so unfair, take that as a lesson & be more careful when you meet someone new from another country again, make sure he's a responsible type since you'll be one who's taking the risk.

Sent out I-129F: Mar'14

Received NOA1: 14 Mar'14

Received NOA2: 18 Aug'14

Received Case No.: Aug'14

Submitted online DS-160: 24 Sep'14

Received Packet 3: 25 Sep'14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.