Mtalii wa Visa

Fiance Visa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi guys

Am 4months in the USA on a greencard. I need to file for my fiance and son to join me.I already have a sponsor for the financial aspect.How much money should my sponsor have to sponsor my son and fiance. Another thing what forms am I required to file.What more evidence is required from me.Am a Kenyan by birth, please help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

pardon - you hold a greencard and you are seeking to bring in a fiance from outside the USA?

What basis did you enter the USA on?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

The petitioner must be US citizen to file I-129F.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Timeline

Yes Darnell

Am here on a greencard visa.my cousin has agreed to sponsor my fiance and son.my question is how much money are we required to declare while filing?

So I cant petition with a residence visa alone?

Timeline

i am sorry, what basis did you enter the USA on?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

IF you have a green card, go back to your country and get married. Upon return to the US, file I-130 for your spouse. It will end up being F2A visa - children and family members of LPRs. It will take more than a year and closer to two years before your family can join you in the US, no way around it.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

ok. unfortunately, a green card holder (as you are reading here) isn't eligible to file a petition, I-129F, for a fiance.

You could go back and marry, then file the I-130, chasing after F2A status or

wait until you have USA citizenship, then file the I-129F petition to chase a K-1 and K-2 visa.

many people get married prior to submitting the first round of paperwork for the DV, once they confirm they made it into the lottery and were chosen. This ensures you, your new wife, and new child all have the same status coming in with the DV into the USA. You skipped that step, for some reason.

Timeline

Well I dont know too why I skipped that step...now am paying for it dearly.

So if I go back home and get married.i can come back and file for their visa? How long will it take?

Timeline

unsure on how long, must to check the Monthly Visa Bulletin, studying F2A designator there for being 'current'.

could be a year, could be 4 years - no one knows and it's a great prognostication game here, to forecast which month/year will be 'current' next month.

'Current' is a moving target...

Homework assignment for you:

1. study how to chase after spousal visa for F2A category here and

2. become familar with the Monthly Visa bulletin.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you're not yet a u.s citizen but have a green card you can NOT bring you're fianc'e to the united states until your married and even then you can bring your spouse only after he or she spends time maybe years on a waiting list no matter what be prepared for a long wait every type of application involves several stages. like DARNELL said get familiar study the guides.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.