acabrera7186

January 2014 Filers

584 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if someone could answer my questions in as much detail as possible. Many thanks in advance!

Timeline:

NoA1: 02/04

NoA2: 03/13

I received my hard copy of the NoA2. Now I know the next step is to wait for the NVC to give me a case number. I've gathered through this thread that I can try calling them for it. My questions are:

1) Once I receive the case number, then what?

2) Many people have mentioned that the ceac website says their case is READY. Ready for what?

3) Being that my fiancé is in Afghanistan and the mail service there is unpredictable, can I sign up for communication through email? If so, how can I enroll?

Thanks!

If you have supplied your email when you file your I129 petition, then the embassy will email you back to let you know your package has been received and with further instructions what to do next. At least that is what I got in my case since the embassy doesn't mail packet 3/4 as is routinely described in this site. if you happen to have the case number, keep checking CEAC site and as soon as it is ready, contact the embassy if you haven't received an email from them. Ready means the package is received by the embassy. Also check the embassy's site as the procedure followed by US embassies abroad are not consistent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if someone could answer my questions in as much detail as possible. Many thanks in advance!

Timeline:

NoA1: 02/04

NoA2: 03/13

I received my hard copy of the NoA2. Now I know the next step is to wait for the NVC to give me a case number. I've gathered through this thread that I can try calling them for it. My questions are:

1) Once I receive the case number, then what?

2) Many people have mentioned that the ceac website says their case is READY. Ready for what?

3) Being that my fiancé is in Afghanistan and the mail service there is unpredictable, can I sign up for communication through email? If so, how can I enroll?

Thanks!

Once you have the case number from NVC you go to https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ check my application status choose Immigrant Visa (IV) enter the case number and it will say in transit once they send it to the embassy or ready if its there already i think.

If your ####### like me lol you may want to track further refer to http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/ to try to find where your packet is although you might have to play around with the EXP date as it may be the day before, of or after

then you have to refer to your fiance's particular embassy/consulate in Afghanistan how they work as far as notifying when they are ready for him to either pick up a packet or email or whatever.

Personally i think i will start helping him with the DS160 as soon as i get the official notice in the mail from NVC that they sent it even though i already know they did ;)

I'm the USC.

Sent I-129F application to Lockbox 01/10/14
(regretted not sending via Express Mail)
Confirmation of receipt via email/txt on 1/17/2014 Transferred to California Center
Received NOA1 hardcopy immediately thereafter
Alien Registration Number was changed on 1/22/2014
Request for evidence (RFE)sad.png 2/21/2014 (missing letter of intent from beneficiary) I wished I had discovered VJ before submitting. Read your VJ forums and ask questions before submitting!

Replied via express mail 2/27/2014

RFE Response Review 2/28/2014

l129F Petition approveddancin5hr.gif03/14/2014

NVC sent case to Embassy hardcopy received 4/5/2014

Fiance Submitted DS-160 online.

Completed medical exam 4/9/2014

Received Police Certificate 4/10/2014

Docs submitted and scheduled interview 4/16/2014

Interview 4/23/2014 K1 Visa Approved! :dancing:

Visa in hand 5/1/2014

Arrived 7/14/14

Married 7/22/14

AOS and EAD sent 8/5/14

Employment Authorization Card received 10/4/14

AOS interview 11/14/14

Conditional permanent resident Approved 11/14/14

WRlgm8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Once you have the case number from NVC you go to https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ check my application status choose Immigrant Visa (IV) enter the case number and it will say in transit once they send it to the embassy or ready if its there already i think.

If your ####### like me lol you may want to track further refer to http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/ to try to find where your packet is although you might have to play around with the EXP date as it may be the day before, of or after

then you have to refer to your fiance's particular embassy/consulate in Afghanistan how they work as far as notifying when they are ready for him to either pick up a packet or email or whatever.

Personally i think i will start helping him with the DS160 as soon as i get the official notice in the mail from NVC that they sent it even though i already know they did ;)

Whoa! Great find on the DHL tracking link. #Bookmarking. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance paid MRV fee at bpi on Fri afternoon around 3pm , so do we need to wait a couple days beforehe receipt number is activated, when she's trying to schedule interview it's telling her the receipt number is not found

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Anyone else fill out the DS-160? I expected questions about previous work history/residency/education but they just asked for current job and address. I have a mistake on my G-325a and I was looking forward to correcting it on this form :/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Anyone else fill out the DS-160? I expected questions about previous work history/residency/education but they just asked for current job and address. I have a mistake on my G-325a and I was looking forward to correcting it on this form :/

I'm keen to see an answer for this because I have the same issue!

I have a mistake on my G325a in the work section I put the wrong month I finished at my previous employer.

If I correct it on my DS160 I wonder if it will go into AP?

The mistake is my 1 month difference. Could this be a big red flag? I read somewhere that they call employers at that stage if it is in AP. I wonder if they will compare he dates to my original G325a form in our petition!

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Just letting everyone know we got approved this week :)

It was quite an easy processes - around an hour in and out - my fiance was there and everythig went smoothly.

Questions:

How did you meet?

When did you start dating?

To my fiance: have you met her parents? What is her mother's name?

What are your wedding plans?

That was it :)

Good luck to everyone!

Jan 13 - Petition 129F sent

Jan 21 - NOA1

Feb 11 - NOA2

Feb 20 - NVC case number assigned

Feb 24 - Left NVC

Feb 28 - CEAC status Ready

Mar 5 - Packet 3 arrived in the mail

Mar 10 - Medical

heart.gif March 26 - INTERVIEW heart.gifAPPROVED (L)

Timeline

It was quite an easy processes - around an hour in and out - my fiance was there and everythig went smoothly.

Questions:

How did you meet?

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! So happy for you :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Thank you!

I still haven't recieved an email or letter in the mail from the NVC. I did call and they provided me with my case number. My case was made March 24, 2014 and updated to READY March 29, 2014! I don't know what to do next though because I don't have the letter with the invoice number....

Questions:

How did you meet?

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! Any good news from fellow VJers = good news to me :dancing:

Sharky-rex, glad to hear things are moving along for you as well.

Timeline

Congratulations! Any good news from fellow VJers = good news to me :dancing:

Sharky-rex, glad to hear things are moving along for you as well.

Not quite. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/488481-inadmissibility-issues-on-i-129f/

I'd appreciate it if anyone had any advice :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I've been reading everything on this thread but only just now created an account to share the good news: our I129F was approved in 69 days, and this is with a RFE in the meantime. We were expecting around 4-5 months, this is great!

Timeline

Hi everyone!

I've been reading everything on this thread but only just now created an account to share the good news: our I129F was approved in 69 days, and this is with a RFE in the meantime. We were expecting around 4-5 months, this is great!

Congrats!

You guys sent in your petition the same day as us :)

It will go very fast from NOA2.

Jan 21 - NOA1

Feb 11 - NOA2

Feb 24 - Left NVC

Mar 10 - Medical

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Congrats!

You guys sent in your petition the same day as us :)

It will go very fast from NOA2.

Thanks, fellow Romanian :)

I'll be in US for work until right after Easter, we'll probably have news from the Embassy by then.

It's good to know you went through this before us, so I can ask you if I have questions.

Timeline

Thanks, fellow Romanian :)

I'll be in US for work until right after Easter, we'll probably have news from the Embassy by then.

It's good to know you went through this before us, so I can ask you if I have questions.

Sure, feel free :)

Jan 21 - NOA1

Feb 11 - NOA2

Feb 24 - Left NVC

Mar 10 - Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.