Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

uhm...so the NVC received our case...from USCIS..next is waiting for them to assign case number ClockWatch2.gif .. and after that they will send us both AOS bill and immigrant fee together.. since we have attorney/paralegal..and we don't have to fill up that form for assigning an agent...?

Edited by Nonofurbusiness

ich_liebe_dich_103.jpg
March 29,2013-------Notice of Action "1st"
November 14,2013-------Notice of Action ( Notice of transferred NSC )
December 20,2013-------Notice of Action "Approval"
December 26,2013-------Case was Shipped to National Visa Center
January 13,2014 -------Case received at NVC
February 12, 2014-------NVC Assigned Case Number

February 25,2014------- Paid AOS & IV bill

February 27,2014------ -AOS & IV documents was submitted to NVC ( Completed DS-260 )

March 4, 2014 --------- NVC received AOS & IV documents

March 10 & 11,2014 -----( Done Advanced Medical at SLEC ) = Passed

March 21,2014---------- Case Completed

April 04,2014---------Received Interview Date ( P4)

May 5,2014-------- -Interview ( APPROVED )

event.png
event.png
event.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

No, it will delay things. You can opt out of EP if you wish to send the AOS and IV packages by email.

Thanks for your reply Saylin, but if we Opt -in does that mean we have to send every document by email? for I-864, sign them and scan and send them?

07/23/13 - I130 Package Sent

07/27/13 - NOA1

11/18/13 - NOA2

12/16/13 - NVC received Case

01/13/14 - NVC Assigned Case Number, BIN and IIN

01/13/14 - Electronic Processing Request Sent

01/15/14 - DS-261 Available and completed

01/16/14 - AOS bill invoice available and paid

01/17/14 - Electronic Processing Request Accepted

02/03/14 - AOS E-Mailed

02/01/14 - IV bill invoice available and paid

02/04/14 - DS-260 Available and completed

02/04/14 - IV package emailed

04/07/14 - Case Complete

04/08/14 - Medical Complete

04/13/14 - Interview Date

uhm...so the NVC received our case...from USCIS..next is waiting for them to assign case number ClockWatch2.gif .. and after that they will send us both AOS bill and immigrant fee together.. since we have attorney/paralegal..and we don't have to fill up that form for assigning an agent...?

Yes, if you have an attorney on the case, then they're automatically selected as agent, thus no need for the DS-261. Because of this, then the IV fee is invoiced at the same time as the AOS fee.

Thanks for your reply Saylin, but if we Opt -in does that mean we have to send every document by email? for I-864, sign them and scan and send them?

Yes, if you're in the EP program then both packages (AOS and IV) have to be scanned and sent in by email. Please read the wiki linked in my signature below. It explains EP and online forms for the NVC process for Canadians.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If it says ISSUED in ceac status and says visa printed.Does it mean that that person is approved(interview succesfull) or does it have another meaning? Just checking some case nos for the interview scheduled list for JAN for Mumbai consulates..getting lot of Issued cases for CR1.

Yes, if you have an attorney on the case, then they're automatically selected as agent, thus no need for the DS-261. Because of this, then the IV fee is invoiced at the same time as the AOS fee.

Yes, if you're in the EP program then both packages (AOS and IV) have to be scanned and sent in by email. Please read the wiki linked in my signature below. It explains EP and online forms for the NVC process for Canadians.

Thanks saylin

ich_liebe_dich_103.jpg
March 29,2013-------Notice of Action "1st"
November 14,2013-------Notice of Action ( Notice of transferred NSC )
December 20,2013-------Notice of Action "Approval"
December 26,2013-------Case was Shipped to National Visa Center
January 13,2014 -------Case received at NVC
February 12, 2014-------NVC Assigned Case Number

February 25,2014------- Paid AOS & IV bill

February 27,2014------ -AOS & IV documents was submitted to NVC ( Completed DS-260 )

March 4, 2014 --------- NVC received AOS & IV documents

March 10 & 11,2014 -----( Done Advanced Medical at SLEC ) = Passed

March 21,2014---------- Case Completed

April 04,2014---------Received Interview Date ( P4)

May 5,2014-------- -Interview ( APPROVED )

event.png
event.png
event.png

USCIS said that they sent out our package yesterday. We will call NVC next week to check.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Tim and Ana congrats!!! Been following your timeline ... I hope we are next :) it's been a week since they received our packages;)

Thank you.. I'm sure you will be next! Hopefully you slide in before the end of this month so you can get a interview next month

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

This may have been answered already, but I did not find it in a quick perusal: after filing the online DS-260, how long does one normally have to wait before the IV fee can be paid? I filed the DS-260 on January 10th.

​Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, I was just able to make the payment for AOS. Should I mail the AOS package now or wait for anything else?

Mar 07, 2013 : NOA 1

Nov 19, 2013 : Request for Evidence mail received

Nov 25, 2013 : Documents send in response to RFE

Dec 03, 2013 : NOA 2 ( I 130 approved)

Dec 09, 2013 : Case reached NVC

Jan 08, 2014 : NVC assigned Case Number

Jan 15, 2014 : Paid I 864 (AOS) bill online

Jan 16, 2014 : Completed DS 261 (choice of agent) online

Jan 21, 2014 : Express mailed AOS package

Jan 27, 2014 : Paid DS 260 bill online

Jan 29, 2014 : Express mailed DS 260 civil docs

Jan 29, 2014 : Submitted DS 260 online

Feb 13, 2014 : Received False checklist for civil docs by email

Feb 24, 2014 : Case Complete

April 14, 2014 : Interview. YAY!!!

I don't remember where but in one of the threads somebody suggested that the petitioner start calling NVC everyday for a case number. Every day? Really? That sounds a bit crazy, for lack of a better word. Is there a reason for calling EVERY DAY? Wouldn't once a week be enough?

TIA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I hope the Process is Faster than 3-4 Months..we will be doing EP..do you remember how long your N.V.C Process took?

No - but if you click the twins, you'll see my roadmap.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

IV fee went from "not available" to "not paid" but when i click on "pay" (just like what i did when i paid for aos) it didnt give me any amount or any option to pay. Is this just a glitch?

Maybe, maybe not.

To check it -

go back from a PC running Winders and IE V 7 or better (as that website was designed for IE 7 or better).

I handled all of our stuff with Opera Web Browser on an XP Pro machine, and it all worked.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Tax return transcript is required at interview or only if they ask for it?

Please study the I-864 instructions again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.