AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all, my fiancee and I received an RFE for our K-1 filing. The RFE states that "the evidence submitted indicates that you may have met the beneficiary through the services of an International Marriage Broker (IMB).

My fiancee and I met on Filipinocupid.com which is not an IMB as far as I am aware. We met each other by me messaging her and us talking online before meeting in person in Manila; no one helped us to meet each other.

It says, "If you feel that the website/business is not considered an International Marriage Broker, you must submit evidence that it does not charge fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens and foreign nationals.

Can someone, anyone, please help with this?

Timeline

Hey we got the same RFE...my fiance thought it only applies to military so he didnt answer it ;)

My question is...did you also just put a "X" on the line on page 2 of the RFE and then sign and print the petitioners name in the buttom?

Or did you also attach a completed version of the i129f form?

Thanks so much!

Also, how long did it take for you to hear anything back after you emailed them the response?

well we just missed to answer I129F PART 3 2.c.

thats just our rfe.

it takes a month after we sent the reply to receive the noa2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello all, my fiancee and I received an RFE for our K-1 filing. The RFE states that "the evidence submitted indicates that you may have met the beneficiary through the services of an International Marriage Broker (IMB).

My fiancee and I met on Filipinocupid.com which is not an IMB as far as I am aware. We met each other by me messaging her and us talking online before meeting in person in Manila; no one helped us to meet each other.

It says, "If you feel that the website/business is not considered an International Marriage Broker, you must submit evidence that it does not charge fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens and foreign nationals.

Can someone, anyone, please help with this?

From what I've read most persons submit the terms and conditions of the website and/or the Wikipedia page outlining the services of the website to prove that it doesn't opetate under the general policy of an IMB.

Same sex couples take note:

Back in March of this year, my partner and I got an RFE requesting us to "indicate in which state the applicants intended to marry". This was due to the fact that my partner lived in a state that didn't allow same sex marriage (we knew this and planned on marrying in West Virginia that does). The RFE added on another 4 weeks to our petition getting approved and issued with an NOA2.

As of today, June 26th, the United States Supreme Court have now ruled that same sex marriage must be allowed and recognised in all 50 US states. Thankfully that also means that all future same sex couples applying for K1 visas will no longer get an RFE simply because the petitioner lives in a state that doesn't allow same sex marriages. :thumbs:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/supreme-court-rules-favor-marriage-equality

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone! This is my first contribution here.

So, we just got an RFE concerning my fiancée's G-325A. Since they don't tell us what we got wrong, we think it is because she left the current employment space empty, instead of writing "UNEMPLOYED". Her parents names were correct, so was their birthdates and stuff. She corrected the form by putting N/A to the former/current husband/wife parts, and she added her address from when she lived in the US for an exchange program.

Should she add her current address to Applicant's last address outside the US?

I think that should cover the doubts, right? Can anyone please help?

Without posting any personal information, it'd be more helpful for all if you typed exactly what the RFE asks for or post an image, blacking out the sensitive information.

Hello everyone! This is my first contribution here.

So, we just got an RFE concerning my fiancée's G-325A. Since they don't tell us what we got wrong, we think it is because she left the current employment space empty, instead of writing "UNEMPLOYED". Her parents names were correct, so was their birthdates and stuff. She corrected the form by putting N/A to the former/current husband/wife parts, and she added her address from when she lived in the US for an exchange program.

Should she add her current address to Applicant's last address outside the US?

I think that should cover the doubts, right? Can anyone please help?

K1 Timeline:
01/01/2015 - Met through a friend while on vacation
02/12/2015 - 1st Visit (became official)
04/01/2015 - 2nd Visit (got engaged)

04/27/2015 - I-129F packet mailed via USPS

05/05/2015 - NOA1 via email and text NOA1 date: 4/30)

06/11/2015 - Electronic RFE via email

06/17/2015 - RFE response received at USCIS

06/26/2015 - NOA2 via email at 10:30 :)

07/20/2015 - NVC received

07/21/2015 - Case # assigned

07/23/2015 - Left NVC

07/27/2015 - Arrived at Embassy

07/28/2015 - Packet 4 received

07/29/2015 - Packet 4 sent

08/20/2015 - Interview Date :idea:

Timeline

Sorry about that. The RFE says:

"Please submit a properly completed and signed Form G-325A, Biographic Information, for Marcella."

It was signed, by the way. It just didn't have anything on the first space for employment.

Without posting any personal information, it'd be more helpful for all if you typed exactly what the RFE asks for or post an image, blacking out the sensitive information.

Yes I would fill out the missing information then and of course have it signed again if necessary. There is also a number on the blue RFE sheet to call if you have any questions/concerns. Best wishes!!

Sorry about that. The RFE says:

"Please submit a properly completed and signed Form G-325A, Biographic Information, for Marcella."

It was signed, by the way. It just didn't have anything on the first space for employment.

K1 Timeline:
01/01/2015 - Met through a friend while on vacation
02/12/2015 - 1st Visit (became official)
04/01/2015 - 2nd Visit (got engaged)

04/27/2015 - I-129F packet mailed via USPS

05/05/2015 - NOA1 via email and text NOA1 date: 4/30)

06/11/2015 - Electronic RFE via email

06/17/2015 - RFE response received at USCIS

06/26/2015 - NOA2 via email at 10:30 :)

07/20/2015 - NVC received

07/21/2015 - Case # assigned

07/23/2015 - Left NVC

07/27/2015 - Arrived at Embassy

07/28/2015 - Packet 4 received

07/29/2015 - Packet 4 sent

08/20/2015 - Interview Date :idea:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My fiancée and I are close to submitting our application, and I've been checking all our paperwork in accord with the replies posted here (thank you all!).

I had one quick question pertaining specifically to the I-129F form. I noticed one person several dozen pages back stated that he or she received an RFE because he or she wrote "None" and/or "N/A" on in the boxes that did not apply to them. Has anyone else received an RFE for this?

The reason I ask is that I wrote parenthetical answers to the question that did not apply to me in order to make it more explicit. For example, for 11.a., I typed "(NO PRIOR SPOUSE)" and all the related spousal boxes following I put "N/A." I did the same for other fields, such as "(NO CHILDREN)", and so on.

Is this not recommended? My intent is to be painfully clear to avoid an RFE, but should I just leave these not-applicable boxes blank? If this is a silly question, I apologize in advance :unsure:

Timeline

Hi Guys ! we got RFE just want to ask how long it will take to get the hard copy ???? we received email from USCIS that we have RFE and we want to know what it is.. any estimated time from others who got RFE too ?? when we will get it thru mail?

Hoping for a responce .. Thank you !

My fiancée and I are close to submitting our application, and I've been checking all our paperwork in accord with the replies posted here (thank you all!).

I had one quick question pertaining specifically to the I-129F form. I noticed one person several dozen pages back stated that he or she received an RFE because he or she wrote "None" and/or "N/A" on in the boxes that did not apply to them. Has anyone else received an RFE for this?

The reason I ask is that I wrote parenthetical answers to the question that did not apply to me in order to make it more explicit. For example, for 11.a., I typed "(NO PRIOR SPOUSE)" and all the related spousal boxes following I put "N/A." I did the same for other fields, such as "(NO CHILDREN)", and so on.

Is this not recommended? My intent is to be painfully clear to avoid an RFE, but should I just leave these not-applicable boxes blank? If this is a silly question, I apologize in advance :unsure:

When in doubt you should always refer to the instructions that come with the I129F form.

3. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an item is not applicable or the answer is ''none,'' leave the space blank.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

about a week. maybe a little less. but tomorrow is a holiday, so if it doesn't get mailed out today, it won't go til monday or later. so it may take a little longer for you. good luck!

Hi Guys ! we got RFE just want to ask how long it will take to get the hard copy ???? we received email from USCIS that we have RFE and we want to know what it is.. any estimated time from others who got RFE too ?? when we will get it thru mail?

Hoping for a responce .. Thank you !

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Timeline

On the I129F I left all the non applicable stuff blank. But I did put N/A on the G-325A forms and did not get an RFE for it. good luck!

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Timeline

about a week. maybe a little less. but tomorrow is a holiday, so if it doesn't get mailed out today, it won't go til monday or later. so it may take a little longer for you. good luck!

Aaaaaw .. :( thanks for the rreply ! Haiszzzzz we want to fix it already so we wont wait too long ....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am going to mail my RFE response back to USCIS.

Should we sent it to the PO Box in Dallas, Texas, or to the California service center?

Thank you for any idea!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.