AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got a RFE asking for my income tax form for the previous year. I had a letter from my employer (and I work in a goverment office) with my salary, length of employment, etc as well as paystubs. I thought that would be enough, but got a RFE about 6 weeks after my filing date requesting just the one previous year's form. I sent my 1040 and W2's. Sent it, and my local office confirmed with me the other day that everything looks ok at this point.

Lara

heart.gif "You will never be completely at home again,

because part of your heart will always be elsewhere.

That is the price you pay for the richness of loving

and knowing more than one place." España heart.gif

Timeline

Also be careful with dates on forms! I downloaded some of my forms off visajourney and although the new forms were EXACTLY the same I got the entire package sent back to me. It was only one form that was expired and I got a new one off USCIS. It can be confusing because some forms that are the most recent don't have a future date and some forms will have a future expiration date. If you are not sure about the right date check the form on USCIS. Visajourney has been extremely helpful and right on with most info, but when I send my I 129F (about 2 years ago now) there was at least one form that was expired.

Lara

Mine was returned because the date on the check was dated differently than the petition. Not an RFE but something to watch for.

Dated differently how? I think my fiance's petition was signed on the 2nd of January and the check was written on January 4th, 2014. They send a package back for that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I didnt understand this dated differently check as well. Would it make difference if the mailing date is different than date of the check? All i know us that you cant write post dated checks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

We got an RFE for 2 things for the K1 visa

1) We forgot to include our letters of intent. This was our fault!

2) They wanted more evidence of last meeting - despite sending many boarding passes and passport stamps. My fiance was in the US at the time on the VWP so we wrote a letter stating that we are currently together in the United States and both signed it and got it notarized. We also included the same copies of our most recent plane itinerary and passport stamp, as well as a few more pictures of us together on facebook that showed the date they were posted. This seemed to satisfy them :)

Filed: Timeline

As you all are already aware, our case received an RFE on 4-23-13.

The letter came in the mail today.

The RFE says there is an omitted item on question 3 in part C:

"If you have provided information about a conviction for a crime listed above and you were being battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by your spouse, parent, or adult child at the time of your conviction, check all of the following that apply to you:

___ I was acting in self-defense.

___ I violated a protection order issued for my own protection.

___ I committed, was arrested for, was convicted of, or plead guilty to committing a crime that did not result in serious bodily injury, and there was a connection between the crime committed and my having been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty."

Obviously, none of these apply to me, and they only had boxes available to check in.

I did not check any of the boxes. The RFE was that I should have written N/A even though it wasn't an option and there was no space to write it!

Sent it back today with N/A just written after the question. Hopefully it will be resolved soon!

Thanks everybody for your help!

my question is: After I corrected and sent this back, can they give additional RFEs? Or is there only the possibility for one?

Can anybody double confirm this post?

I think we shall leave the box blank for Part 3, 3., if we do not have provided information about a conviction for a crime listed above.

Or shall we still input N/A in that little box by handwriting? I am not even able to type into it.

Thank you for the help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got a RFE asking for my income tax form for the previous year. I had a letter from my employer (and I work in a goverment office) with my salary, length of employment, etc as well as paystubs. I thought that would be enough, but got a RFE about 6 weeks after my filing date requesting just the one previous year's form. I sent my 1040 and W2's. Sent it, and my local office confirmed with me the other day that everything looks ok at this point.

Hey Lara! I have a question... I thought the Affidavit of Support will only be used during the interview of the fiance? Does this mean I have to include AOS when I file for petition?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just posted a new topic related to RFE..

I am a Canadian who lives about.. 30 minutes from the US border.. and my boyfriend lives about 20 minutes from there.

Luckily for us.. we get to see eachother pretty regularily through this process...

My questions is- I thought that send 5 photos for proof of meeting in the last 5 years..was going to be sufficient since we live so close together...

But now i'm seeing that is secondary evidence.. and I'm worried i"m going to get a big RFE..

Just wondering if anyone has gotten approved solely off of photos?

Feb 2013- Met Online- started chatting.secret7vf.gif

March 2013- Met in person..started dating.heart.gifrose.gif

December 5th,2013- Filed 129Freading.gif

December 19th- Alien number change.dancin5hr.gif

December 20th (approx)- Received NOA1idea9dv.gif

Have since been ANXIOUSLY awaitting ANY kind of change.. or news. :clock:

NOTTA...for 6 months... Grrr (almost lost my mind) :ranting:

JUNE 16TH 2014- NOA2 APPROVED- YAYYYYYYYY :D

JULY 1ST 2014- NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE! B-)

AUGUST 5TH 2014- MEDICAL :innocent:

AUGUST 20TH 2014- INTERVIEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :dance:

AUGUST 20th 2014- APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! :energy:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey Lara! I have a question... I thought the Affidavit of Support will only be used during the interview of the fiance? Does this mean I have to include AOS when I file for petition?

Hi,

Yes when you file for AOS you will need the Affidavit of support. This is when I got the RFE because I did not include income tax forms. In fact, my (then) fiance brought the affidvait of support to his interview at the embassy (in Madrid) and they didn't even want it, they said to wait until he gets here. I imagine Madrid is more relaxed that some places but he did not hand it in during his interview. Hope this helps!

Lara

Timeline

I just posted a new topic related to RFE..

I am a Canadian who lives about.. 30 minutes from the US border.. and my boyfriend lives about 20 minutes from there.

Luckily for us.. we get to see eachother pretty regularily through this process...

My questions is- I thought that send 5 photos for proof of meeting in the last 5 years..was going to be sufficient since we live so close together...

But now i'm seeing that is secondary evidence.. and I'm worried i"m going to get a big RFE..

Just wondering if anyone has gotten approved solely off of photos?

If you are worried about it not being enough evidence, you could include statements from friends or family members that you spend time with vouching for your relationship (they will have to be notarized), and if you ever stay at hotels or get tickets for an event or something together, could include that. Also ask for passport stamps when each of you cross the border to show that you are seeing each other, etc. As far as whether just photos will be enough, I guess it will just have to depend on the officer and how convinced he is you are a real couple.

Lara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I got an RFE because the names of former spouses (last name) on the 129f did not match the last names on the death certificate and divorce decree. I used maiden names because these are required on the on the G-325A Biographical Information form.

My advice: make sure the names of former spouses (on form 129f and the marriage termination documents) match.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

Yes when you file for AOS you will need the Affidavit of support. This is when I got the RFE because I did not include income tax forms. In fact, my (then) fiance brought the affidvait of support to his interview at the embassy (in Madrid) and they didn't even want it, they said to wait until he gets here. I imagine Madrid is more relaxed that some places but he did not hand it in during his interview. Hope this helps!

This thread is for the K1 visa petition though, so you commenting on the tax form is most likely going to confuse someon since the AOS is something seperate from the K1.

NOA1: October 15th 2013

Alien# Change: October 31st 2013

NOA2: February 28th 2014

NVC # Receive: March 26th 2014

Medical: April 3rd 2014

Interview: May 8th 2014

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

TWO IMPORTANT RFE THAT YOU MIGHT MISS:

1- They need long-form birth certificate of the American Citizen on full copy of the American passport

2- Send TWO (2) letters of intent, and sign them (One from petitioner and the other from beneficiary)

We got RFE for the above mentioned reasons.

Good luck everyone :)

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

is the "long form" the one with parents' names, and all that? I don't think California has a "long form". Mine is from the state, and they didn't give an option.

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.