corvusheart

Immigration Lawyer speeds up Process

59 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just to update about our horror story of a human being called a lawyer...

They asked me to send documents to the US which should have gone to Germany, I sent them over next day, he sent them back..

They then sent a package over without proof of citizenship for the co-sponsor.. more delay.. they then sent that over and have now billed me for that postage..

They have been the most incompetent sheisters I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. If you do use a lawyer check their background, get recomendations.. we did off another lawyer and that bint will have a few words of me when I get there.

Cheers

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Very positive experience so far. Very helpful, answers questions promptly, after-work hours to phone in case of emergency is available. He's done all the paperwork right. Sent our I-129F via Express. We got our NOA1 in Dec 30th. Waiting on NOA2 now. : )

Good to see that your lawyer forgot stuff and now you've an RFE to handle.

'Good' in a 'speed up process by getting a lawyer' -negative sort-of-way.

No, I'm not knocking you. Your Lawyer? Absolutely !

Your RFE date of 2014-02-06 could have been an approval date, instead, if'n he actually did the paperwork right.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Well, we are using an attorney. She has helped us fill out the forms, translate documents, basically paperwork stuff. I don't regret it because I don't have time to fill out forms nor does my fiance. Also, I'm not very good at filling out papers and get stressed with paperwork process. Do what you think necessary and find a very good lawyer that could help you with the process. I would choose a lawyer from the United States, they might be more familiarized with the process smile.png So far my process has been smooth and taken around 5 months with no RFEs. My interview in on March 21st, but it could have been earlier had we collected all the requirements right after I got the e-mail from the Embassy encouraging us to get the interview.

This actually the lawyer we are working with:

http://www.dyerimmigration.com/attorneys/griselle-t-garcia

Edited by Justin.Yanfret

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

u dont need this. We have all the informartion we need here.

we got one, and he just delayed our process time. I asked for my money back

and did everything by myself

K1 VISA

Dec.06 Sent 129-F

Dec.12 NOA1, case routed to CSC

Jan.31 NOA2, 50 Days after NOA1

Feb.11 Case left NVC

Feb.18 Consulate receive - Status READY!!

Apr.01 Interview! Approved!

AOS

Jun.06 Sent petition

Jun.12 NOA1

Jun.20 Appointment Notice

Jul.01 Biometrics

Aug.07 Card Production

Aug.15 Received Combo Card

A lawyer will not speed up the process. Yes they may help you fill out forms and send the documents in; however, the process time is the same.

You still have to gather all the documents. The lawyer really just fills out the paperwork for you.

All the instructions are easy to follow and if you do end up doing something wrong they send you detailed instructions on what was wrong. If you get an RFE they tell you exactly what you missed/ need to send in.

We did not use a lawyer and everything went smoothly for us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I had a lawyer file my original I-129f petition and I felt like I did most of the work. All they are doing is filling out the paperwork and all the documents you give them and send it in for processing. I'm doing the K-1 visa on my own.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The only time I would recommend a lawyer is if you're like me an have the option through work to have one on call at any time for a few hundred dollars a year. Even then, I would not rely on one to file the paperwork, I would use them as a secondary spot check to verify what I've already research and compiled, and send everything out myself.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We used a lawyer and case handler, the money we spent was decent it was just a lil more than what you would spend doing it yourself.It was great, everything went smoothly, no RFE's they are really good cause they know what they were doing.We hired a lawyer and case handler cause we didn't hae time to do the paper works plus we hate paper works, but I would say our case wasn't shaky at all.

Everyone has a diff opinions ofcours we all don't have the same experiences.Lawyers don't speed up the process, no one can.They don't slow it down either, if you just know what kind of lawyers exactly you're hiring.Don't pay a massive amount for lawyers that's so silly.We paid just a lil extra for all the paper works and some other fees but it wasn't big at all.

Good luck guys :)I just shared our experience, we will use them for the AOS too cause it's not really that expensive and won't stress us like crazy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Our k1 was approved in about 3 months and we had an attorney. Hard to say if that helped but it certainly wasn't a hindrance.

Citizenship:

Service Center: Online
CIS Office :         San Diego CA
Date Filed :         2018-07-13
NOA Date :         2018-07-20
Bio. Appt. :         2018-07-31
Interview Date:  2018-04-12

Timeline

Our k1 was approved in about 3 months and we had an attorney. Hard to say if that helped but it certainly wasn't a hindrance.

Hey, that's a blessing. Alas, for the OP, they gots an RFE from the packet the lawyer submitted.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

cool man...just sharing my experience

Citizenship:

Service Center: Online
CIS Office :         San Diego CA
Date Filed :         2018-07-13
NOA Date :         2018-07-20
Bio. Appt. :         2018-07-31
Interview Date:  2018-04-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

My experience with a lawyer was ok. I didnt have the time and I wanted to make sure the paperwork was done correctly. I collected everything my lawyer needed and she filed the I-129Ffor me. I was approved within few weeks. She was suprised and said it usually doesn't get approved that fast. I am processing the K-1 Visa myself. I think I can follow the instructions from here on out and save some money. The only run in I have had now is The US Embassy in Singapore said they sent out packet 3 on Feb 3rd but my fiance hasn't received it yet so They said they would resend. Still waiting on that. Hopefully get next week sometime.

Timeline

Do it yourself! You have everything you need here and people with experience answering questions and concern as you go.

My friend hired a lawyer, but the person doing all the work was the assistant. They just help filling out documents and the go between on everything and delaying everything.

=====================

CR-1 Process

=====================

06/10/2011 - I-130 package sent USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/14/2011 - NOA1

10/21/2011 - I-130 approved (NOA2)

11/19/2011 - NVC recevied case

11/21/2011 - Called NVC for AOS bill and DS-3032

11/21/2011 - Paid AOS Bill

11/21/2011 - EP request and DS-3032 to NVC

11/23/2011 - EP came and DS-3032 accepted

11/23/2011 - Submit I-864

11/28/2011 - Paid IV Bill

11/29/2011 - Submit DS-230

12/05/2011 - Case completed

12/08/2011 - Interview date set

12/11/2011 - Medical exam

01/11/2011 - Document intake day

01/12/2012 - Interview - Approved

03/09/2012 - POE - LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.