RugenD

I-94 Form now electronic

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good Afternoon everyone!

I wanted to post on a subject that has kept my wife and I in a little stress for a while now. We are filing for our I-485 right now and finishing up everything to send in Monday. Well on this guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

It states that you need to have a copy of your I-94 form, front and back, that you received from customs and border protection. However as it seems, new immigrants are not receiving this. The I-94 form is now online and electronic. You can find your number and all at:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

This will allow you to print off a copy of this page. If you are filing for the AoS (I-485), attache this page that you printed off of your electronic I-94 and attach it with a copy of your visa and entry stamp page. Send this in with your I-485 package and you should be good to go. I got off the phone with USCIS on this matter about not having a I-94 and she assured me that it is now electronic and it is ok that she did not receive a paper copy of her I-94.

I wanted to post this in case someone will notice and change the guide to reflect this. It caused me some headache and heartache as trying to google and find out about obtaining a lost I-94 form was going to cost in the hundreds and take up to 3 months. I hope this helps someone and they find a little relief in my hunt for the I-94 forms.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Site-Related Discussion- topic is about updating guides ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Good Afternoon everyone!

I wanted to post on a subject that has kept my wife and I in a little stress for a while now. We are filing for our I-485 right now and finishing up everything to send in Monday. Well on this guide:

It states that you need to have a copy of your I-94 form, front and back, that you received from customs and border protection. However as it seems, new immigrants are not receiving this. The I-94 form is now online and electronic. You can find your number and all at:

This will allow you to print off a copy of this page. If you are filing for the AoS (I-485), attache this page that you printed off of your electronic I-94 and attach it with a copy of your visa and entry stamp page. Send this in with your I-485 package and you should be good to go. I got off the phone with USCIS on this matter about not having a I-94 and she assured me that it is now electronic and it is ok that she did not receive a paper copy of her I-94.

I wanted to post this in case someone will notice and change the guide to reflect this. It caused me some headache and heartache as trying to google and find out about obtaining a lost I-94 form was going to cost in the hundreds and take up to 3 months. I hope this helps someone and they find a little relief in my hunt for the I-94 forms.

This is correct about the I-94 and some of the information on VJ needs to be updated to reflect such, but even with such recent changes, fellow VJer's, such as yourself, have been very helpful about clearing up some of the confusion with the ever changing immigration process and I thank you for posting this. smile.png

P.S. My wife arrived from Ukraine this past July, on a K-1, and we live in Milton, just in case you wish to talk sometime.

Good luck to the two of you on this journey. smile.png

Timeline

This is correct about the I-94 and some of the information on VJ needs to be updated to reflect such, but even with such recent changes, fellow VJer's, such as yourself, have been very helpful about clearing up some of the confusion with the ever changing immigration process and I thank you for posting this. smile.png

P.S. My wife arrived from Ukraine this past July, on a K-1, and we live in Milton, just in case you wish to talk sometime.

Good luck to the two of you on this journey. smile.png

That would be great! I take my wife up to Milton/Federal Way for the Eruo Meat and Deli store. It would be great to talk with you sometime!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I have created a quick summary of your information above and will link to it from the guide!

http://www.visajourney.com/content/online-electronic-i-94-information-for-us-immigration-petitions

I have credited your topic/yourself at the end! Thanks for the updated information :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I updated information on 6-7 other pages and linked to the above form as well.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 1 year later...
City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just a heads up that the I-94 only needs to be submitted for K-1 Visa holders and those seeking asylum doing AOS. Marriage based AOS do not need the I-94. I know VJ is heavily based on K and IR visas, but for most other AOS types you do not need the I-94. See page 4 of the I-485 instructions.

• 2 years later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/8/2013 at 3:35 PM, RugenD said:

Good Afternoon everyone!

Thank you ..its really helpful for  me and am sure it will for  others

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2013 is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).