naam_2013

Letter to House Judiciary Committee on delays of I-130

121 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I've done a little research also to send a letter on the delay in my I-129F which even my senator's office has reached a level of frustration with the USCIS. Here is the list from both houses of congress of the Sub-Committee on Immigration. I would also send copies of your letters to them.

The Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security
shall have jurisdiction over the following subject matters:
immigration and naturalization, border security, admission
of refugees, treaties, conventions and international agreements,
claims against the United States, Federal charters
of incorporation, private immigration and claims bills, nonborder
immigration enforcement, other appropriate matters
as referred by the Chairman, and relevant oversight.

Rep. Trey Gowdy (SC-04), Chairman
Mr. Poe, Vice-Chairman

Mr. Smith (TX) Ms. Lofgren Mr. King Ms. Jackson Lee Mr. Jordan Mr. Gutierrez Mr. Amodei Mr. Garcia Mr. Labrador Mr. Pierluisi Mr. Holding

http://www.judiciary.senate.gov/about/subcommittees/immigration.cfm

Democratic Members
Chuck Schumer, New York (Chairman)
Patrick J. Leahy, Vermont
Dianne Feinstein, California
####### Durbin, Illinois
Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota
Richard Blumenthal, Connecticut
Mazie Hirono, Hawaii
Republican Members
John Cornyn, Texas (Ranking Member)
Chuck Grassley, Iowa
Orrin G. Hatch, Utah
Jeff Sessions, Alabama
Jeff Flake, Arizona
Ted Cruz, Texas

Everyone (including myself) in the process complains about USCIS --- once you have your approvals we all could care less. It's a funny cycle. I have seen these letters time and time again.

Edited by SoCalMark

journey.jpg

Well, the incoming petitions out number the approvals by a wide margin. So we've got a while before we're done with this particular problem. Even if I get an approval, I'm still in. I don't want other people to have to go through this in the future.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Well, the incoming petitions out number the approvals by a wide margin. So we've got a while before we're done with this particular problem. Even if I get an approval, I'm still in. I don't want other people to have to go through this in the future.

That's hard to gauge when so many people are not on VJ and even most of them don't even update their timelines. But I am happy you are taking the initiative ... it certainly can't hurt.

1157594_10201007382725743_1534408257_n.j

journey.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Yay!

Even when, not even if, girl :) I do believe you will get approved soon. So many approvals of transferred files today! :)

Fingers crossed!

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

That's hard to gauge when so many people are not on VJ and even most of them don't even update their timelines. But I am happy you are taking the initiative ... it certainly can't hurt.

There are other forums, and other trackers... They all say and show the same thing- mostly nothing. One huge backlog.

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

Hi-- I would be willing to join in the effort, however I might use my own language in the letter-- the question is, did you all decide on the 12th or the 19th?

Hi-- I would be willing to join in the effort, however I might use my own language in the letter-- the question is, did you all decide on the 12th or the 19th?

Thanks for joining; I believe Tuesday, 11/19 is final.

CR-1 Timeline (USCIS)
NOA-1 (PD): 05/16/2013

NOA-2: 02/03/2014

CR-1 Timeline (NVC)

NVC Received: 02/14/2014

Case# and IIN# assigned: 03/20/2014

Case Completed: 05/15/2014

CR-1 Timeline (ISL Consulate)

Interview Scheduled: 05/28/2014

Day of Interview: 07/22/2014

Interview result: Approved

Visa Received 08/07/2014 :dancing:

This is such a great idea! Thank you for coming up with this amazing idea! Of course I'm in on it too! My only question is do I wait until Tuesday? And is it better to send the letter using e-mail or regular mail?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I-130 is a USCIS form to petition for an eligible relative, even like an unmarried son over the age of 21. We had no problems with USCIS in processing this form some odd over five years ago. But then it was turned over to the NVC, with priorities, spouses come first, children under 18 come second, and an unmarried son over 21 comes third, but still up in the list.

I contacted my senator on this issue, while he was very helpful in finding "misplaced" applications, not once but three times, and how to respond to the USCIS as they wanted my stepdaughter to answer to assault and battery charges when she was 17 months old living in Venezuela. When it came to the NVC, he said he was totally helpless. And with the current executive branch, they have full say on this matter.

Prime interest is offering, what I am told a limited number of visa's where Afghanistan's helping our military are first, and people from Africa come in second, Latin America is way down on the list, somewhere near the bottom.

So suggested I write to the executive branch, only getting replies like we receive thousands of letters, and can only respond to a very few of them. But thank you for taken an interest in our government kind of thing.

Yes, our senator could help us with the USCIS, but not with the NVC. This is my understanding, right or wrong, but aren't you having problems with the NVC instead of the USCIS?

Our I-130 with all the evidence they required was accepted by the USCIS and we shortly received a NOA to this effect and was turned over to the NVC.

Edited by NickD

This is such a great idea! Thank you for coming up with this amazing idea! Of course I'm in on it too! My only question is do I wait until Tuesday? And is it better to send the letter using e-mail or regular mail?

Husakovic,

The real credit goes to the people who wrote the actual petition, I copied most of the verbiage from that petition. Yes, we have set Tuesday, 11/19, as the date when we will fax/email our letters, the more letters on the same day the more visibility (I hope).

The first preference is fax, then email, and if fax and email are not available then regular mail.

Thanks for joining.

CR-1 Timeline (USCIS)

CR-1 Timeline (NVC)

I-130 is a USCIS form to petition for an eligible relative, even like an unmarried son over the age of 21. We had no problems with USCIS in processing this form some odd over five years ago. But then it was turned over to the NVC, with priorities, spouses come first, children under 18 come second, and an unmarried son over 21 comes third, but still up in the list.

I contacted my senator on this issue, while he was very helpful in finding "misplaced" applications, not once but three times, and how to respond to the USCIS as they wanted my stepdaughter to answer to assault and battery charges when she was 17 months old living in Venezuela. When it came to the NVC, he said he was totally helpless. And with the current executive branch, they have full say on this matter.

Prime interest is offering, what I am told a limited number of visa's where Afghanistan's helping our military are first, and people from Africa come in second, Latin America is way down on the list, somewhere near the bottom.

So suggested I write to the executive branch, only getting replies like we receive thousands of letters, and can only respond to a very few of them. But thank you for taken an interest in our government kind of thing.

Yes, our senator could help us with the USCIS, but not with the NVC. This is my understanding, right or wrong, but aren't you having problems with the NVC instead of the USCIS?

Our I-130 with all the evidence they required was accepted by the USCIS and we shortly received a NOA to this effect and was turned over to the NVC.

NickD:

The current problem is with the USCIS, which has a big pile of I-130 applications, and USCIS is telling us that the current time frame to process I-130 for the spouses of US Citizen is 13 months, this is not acceptable and something needs to be done by us. Once I-130 is approved (NOA-2) then the application go to the NVC stage.

I understand NVC is under department of state, so if/when we face issues with NVC we will figure out a way to write a similar letter to John Kerry and others in state department.

Thanks.

CR-1 Timeline (USCIS)

CR-1 Timeline (NVC)

Good idea and I will do my part. My thoughts however are that every US Congressman should be our target. I believe that Republican Congressman would be a more prime target as this is a Democratic Administration . I know my Congressman is a proud member of the Tea Party and as such a good target. We need to focus on those recipients who are more inclined to help us irregardless of our personal leanings.. We all need to act.

I think this all falls under the immigration reform umbrella which the GOP isn't even going to start dealing with until 2017 when Obama starts to leave.

Good luck to you guys to get the wheels in motion and hope it sheds some light on the problems for elected officials.

Edited by SoCalMark

journey.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.