Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2013

879 posts in this topic

Thanks though I'm waiting for them to be reviewed .. It's already 18 calendar days.. When you recieved your checklist ? I mean which date.. And when it's came into their system.. It's written in the checklist letter that allow 20 business days.. But I don't know why on fone calls they always say 30 days..

Because they recently changed it and haven't changed the mass email format. Remember business days means not the weekend so it can take a month and a half of normal days to equal 30 business days.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Because they recently changed it and haven't changed the mass email format. Remember business days means not the weekend so it can take a month and a half of normal days to equal 30 business days.

Yea I'm counting just the week days.. Not weekend.. This is I know already.. :) let's see...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Today I called NVC again and they told me that they can't give a case number, because my case is not already added in to the computer and I have to call them after a month.

Do I have to call them on Monday again?

I called them today, my case is still in a process to be inserted in the computer, whatever that means.

Does anyone know how long usually this can take?

Hi Saylin: Any idea if I will receive any e-mail acknowledgement from NVC? My wife & I sent AOS and DS260 packages through EP (Montreal). Is it still too early you think, or should we start calling NVC?

Married 01/11/2013

I-130 Filed: 01/25/2013

NOA-1: 01/29/2013

• 08/20/2013: Service Request Placed; Case transferred to NYC Field Office 06/11/13

• Congressman involved: 09/25/2013

• NOA-2: 09/27/2013

• NVC Received Case: 10/7/2013

• NVC Assigned Case #: 10/7/2013

• DS-261 Completed; OPT-IN E-mail Sent: 10/7/2013

• AOS (i864) Bill Paid: [$88] 10/09/2013

• IV Bill Paid: [$230] 10/27/2013

• AOS (i864) Package Sent [EP]: 10/30/2013

• DS-260 Completed & Supporting Documents Sent [EP]: 10/31/2013

• AOS (i864) Package Received by NVC: 11/13/2013

• DS-260 Package Received by NVC: 11/14/2013

• Checklisted: 11/27/2013

• Responded to checklists: 12/2/2013

• Case Completed at NVC: 12/30/2013

• Medical Exam in Toronto: 12/16/2013

• Interview in Montreal: 02/13/2014 (Approved)

• Visa in Hand: 02/19/2014

• POE in YYZ Terminal 1: 04/10/2014

• GC Received in Mail: 06/12/2014

--ROC--

I-751 Filed: 01/20/2016 (California Center)

Hi Saylin: Any idea if I will receive any e-mail acknowledgement from NVC? My wife & I sent AOS and DS260 packages through EP (Montreal). Is it still too early you think, or should we start calling NVC?

Unless they've changed things, you don't get an email from NVC saying they received your packages. You can definitely start calling now though! The day after I emailed each package, I started to call, and every day afterwards.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Unless they've changed things, you don't get an email from NVC saying they received your packages. You can definitely start calling now though! The day after I emailed each package, I started to call, and every day afterwards.

Actually you do get an email from NVC letting you know that they have received your packages. Well that's for EP for sure, I don't know about the others.

*USCIS:

01-11-13: I-130 sent

01-15-13: I-130 accepted/ receipt # assigned

01-22-13: NOA1 hard copy

05-20-13: I-130 interview assigned

07-18-13: I-130 interview

07-22-13: I-130 approved

07-27-13: NOA2 hard copy

*NVC:

07-30-13: NVC receives case / Case # assigned

08-04-13: DS-261 submitted

08-05-13: AOS fee invoiced / paid

08-26-13: IV fee invoiced /paid

09-05-13: DS-260 completed / IV Package emailed

09-09-13: AOS Package emailed

09-16-13 IV package received email generated

09-17-13 AOS package received email generated

09-30-13: AOS checklist email/ AOS checklist response email sent

10-04-13: NVC receives AOS checklist email

10-24-13: AOS checklist #2 email/ AOS checklist #2 response email sent

11-01-13 NVC receives AOS checklist email

11-29-13: Case Complete

12-06-13: Case Complete email

Actually you do get an email from NVC letting you know that they have received your packages. Well that's for EP for sure, I don't know about the others.

Awesome, glad they changed it good.gif

Just got off the phone with the NVC -- we have an interview date!!!! Dec 13 10am !!!!dancin5hr.gif

I had called earlier around 9 am and got connected to a grumpy robotic lady who was very evasive with my questions. She just kept repeating that my interview has not been scheduled and just sounded impatient and would not elaborate on her answers.

As I was totally frustrated with her attitude and general unwillingness to help, I decided to call again about an hour later. This time, I got connected with Kelley who I'm quite sure I had talked to before and who was always very patient and understanding. Before I could finish my question, she told me we were just scheduled for an interview!! Yayyyyy!!

So the moral of this story is to try calling NVC again and again (as Saylin had suggested before) until you get a satisfactory reply !!

Just got off the phone with the NVC -- we have an interview date!!!! Dec 13 10am !!!!dancin5hr.gif

I had called earlier around 9 am and got connected to a grumpy robotic lady who was very evasive with my questions. She just kept repeating that my interview has not been scheduled and just sounded impatient and would not elaborate on her answers.

As I was totally frustrated with her attitude and general unwillingness to help, I decided to call again about an hour later. This time, I got connected with Kelley who I'm quite sure I had talked to before and who was always very patient and understanding. Before I could finish my question, she told me we were just scheduled for an interview!! Yayyyyy!!

So the moral of this story is to try calling NVC again and again (as Saylin had suggested before) until you get a satisfactory reply !!

Yay, congrats! kicking.gif And glad you persisted ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Congrats! After reading your post, I called NVC and learned that our interview has been scheduled as well! good.gif It's on Dec 3.

Congrats! After reading your post, I called NVC and learned that our interview has been scheduled as well! good.gif It's on Dec 3.

That's great! Congratulations!! smile.png

and thanks for updating my timeline in the december 2013 interview forum. star_smile.gif

Don't send anything to NVC unless it's requested for first. They may not catch the mistake, in which case bring a corrected an I-864 to the interview. If they do catch it, wait for the checklist to be issued, then send a corrected form to NVC.

The I-864EZ still requires 'none' or 'N/A'. The I-864 was updated where a bar-code is generated as information is inputted (the I-864EZ doesn't have this), so because of that, you leave things blank if the answer should be none or N/A as it will change the bar-code at the bottom.

Do you know where in the I-864EZ instructions it tells you to put "N/A" or "none"? I don't know if I am missing it or if it just isn't officially there in the written instructions.

I did get the checklist because of not putting N/A in one spot on the form but after debating with an NVC phone rep about the need to do that, she could not quote me the official instructions. In fact, one NVC phone rep instructed me to write more than just "N/A or none", she wanted me to write "N/A" and then "See written explanation." After debating with her about the need to do that, she told me that I wouldn't find anything officially telling me to do that, but she is basing it off her experience.

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Do you know where in the I-864EZ instructions it tells you to put "N/A" or "none"? I don't know if I am missing it or if it just isn't officially there in the written instructions.

I did get the checklist because of not putting N/A in one spot on the form but after debating with an NVC phone rep about the need to do that, she could not quote me the official instructions. In fact, one NVC phone rep instructed me to write more than just "N/A or none", she wanted me to write "N/A" and then "See written explanation." After debating with her about the need to do that, she told me that I wouldn't find anything officially telling me to do that, but she is basing it off her experience.

With the updated instructions, for whatever reason, it no longer states to write 'none' or 'N/A', but it did when I was going through it. But, since the I-864EZ isn't like the I-864 with the generated bar-code, then any box left blank may leave the reviewing officer thinking you missed the question, thus issuing you a checklist. I don't think a "see written explanation" is needed for questions that you answer with 'none' or 'N/A'. That seems a little weird to me. Plus, what would you write in the written explanation? "I put 'N/A' in question ## because the question wasn't applicable to me". That's just redundant XD

With the updated instructions, for whatever reason, it no longer states to write 'none' or 'N/A', but it did when I was going through it. But, since the I-864EZ isn't like the I-864 with the generated bar-code, then any box left blank may leave the reviewing officer thinking you missed the question, thus issuing you a checklist. I don't think a "see written explanation" is needed for questions that you answer with 'none' or 'N/A'. That seems a little weird to me. Plus, what would you write in the written explanation? "I put 'N/A' in question ## because the question wasn't applicable to me". That's just redundant XD

If the updated instructions no longer having that information, it isn't fair for the NVC to send checklists because someone didn't put "N/A or none".

I expressed this to the NVC phone reps multiple times. How can they send a checklist for something they don't tell you to do in the official written instructions? Otherwise, where does it end? Every time the NVC gets backlogged they could just start sending out erroneous checklists again like they did last month. I truly believe there was an intentional effort in September to create more processing time because of the DS-230/DS-260 transition and the subsequent problems. Quite a few people got caught up in that transition and have experienced unnecessary processing time due to invalid checklists.

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.