Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2013

879 posts in this topic

i paid yesterday and it is still saying in progress so i have to wait until it states paid in there so i can get this address ? i saw alot of people mailed their packages before it stated paid in there because this would take more business days to be shown....am i wrong ?

You can but then you have to write your case no. on all document when if you have the cover sheet, it has all the info on it, so easier to match to your case file. But it's up to you, mine was available right away.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

You are wrong.

You have to wait until the payment is shown as 'PAID' and only then you can print out the Document Cover Sheet. It has more than just an address on it. It contains a barcode and your case info. You must include the cover sheets with the AOS and DS-260 packages.

If you want to take a chance you can mail it out as soon as payment hits your bank. Again always better to wait and send it once it shows up as "PAID"

I-130 (California Service Center) / Category: F2A / Priority Date: Sep 6rd, 2013

I-130
2013-09-01 : I-130 Sent

• 2013-09-03: I-130 Received
  • 2013-09-06: NOA-1
  • 2013-10-01: NOA2 approved (SMS and email from USCIS

2013-10-06: NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

2013-10-15: NVC received the case

2013-10-21: Case Number , Invoice Number and BIN received

• 2013-10-24: Choice of Agent (DS 261) filled. (AOS, IV fee not available yet)
  • 2013-10-25: Email to pay AOS fee
  • 2013-10-28: AOS payment available and paid
  • 2013-10-30: AOS Shows as "Paid"
  • 2013-11-01: Mailed i864 docs
  • 2013-11-01: IV fee available and paid
  • 2013-11-01: AOS Docs received at NVC ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-04 IV Supporting Docs mailed ( IV payment still shows as IN PROCESS...but moneys already withdrawn from account)
  • 2013-11-06 IV Supporting Docs received ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-07: IV Shows as "PAID"

2013-11-07: Received/Entered both AOS and IV in the system for review.

• 2013-11-08: DS 260 completes and submitted.

2013-12-05: Received checklist for AOS

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on active duty in the U.S. armed services.

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

• 2013-12-05: Sent checklist response for AOS
  • 2013-12-07: Received "false checklist": IV Docs reviewed and accepted

2013-12-11: Entered checklist for AOS into system

2014-01-06: Case Complete per call to NVC.

2014-01-29: Interview Date assigned

2014-02-03: CEAC site updated to "In Transit"

2014-03-04: Interview Date

2014-03-04: VISA APPROVED. pickup on 2013-03-06

Thanks to all
GLTA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello

Here is the question: As I am living abroad for several years with my husband and my income doesn't meet the poverty guidelines, I need a joint sponsor for my husband. My parents are eager to help, but they are retired and on Social Security. This is a nontaxable income and we have the SSI explanation of this fact. I have heard that this type of income may be a problem. My parents also have a moderate savings in CD. Otherwise their SSI appears to meet the required income. Has anyone successfully used a joint sponsor on social security, and if so, what other supporting evidence was included to explain the tax exemption and lack of tax return documents?

Thank you

rh518848zy.png

phQIp1.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi,

I just paid my AOS fee, but it's in a process, I print out a cover sheet, which says I should attache it on the top of the package.

So I am not sure do I have to wait to see that the payment is proceed or I can send the package without waiting to be proceed?

Thank you

Hi,

I just paid my AOS fee, but it's in a process, I print out a cover sheet, which says I should attache it on the top of the package.

So I am not sure do I have to wait to see that the payment is proceed or I can send the package without waiting to be proceed?

Thank you

You can go ahead and send the package. Until the IV fee is showing paid you won't able to fill out the DS 260.

I filled out the form online, but when I try to add N/A, Adobe Reader doesn't allow me.

Can I write "N/A" with pen?

Yes that what i did. Make sure its a black pen.

Called today to ask for case #.. Rep told me "actually, they are entering your case right now. Call back in a few days to get your case #". But in my mind I think I heard I need to call them again late tonight.. Haha

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

You are wrong.

You have to wait until the payment is shown as 'PAID' and only then you can print out the Document Cover Sheet. It has more than just an address on it. It contains a barcode and your case info. You must include the cover sheets with the AOS and DS-260 packages.

That would be new... You've always been able to print out the document cover sheet right away and send the information after you've paid. You've never had to wait until it says "paid" to print the sheet before. We've always recommended on VJ, however, waiting until the payment leaves your bank to be sure there isn't any issues.

Also always write your case number on the top right hand corner of EVERY PIECE of paper you send to the NVC.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

I guess cover sheet document has to be just once and on top ... right? And then still do we have to write number on all documents for their ease?

You can but then you have to write your case no. on all document when if you have the cover sheet, it has all the info on it, so easier to match to your case file. But it's up to you, mine was available right away.

Filed: Timeline

Do we have to write it with pen or pencil ? And on all documents of AOS and IV?

That would be new... You've always been able to print out the document cover sheet right away and send the information after you've paid. You've never had to wait until it says "paid" to print the sheet before. We've always recommended on VJ, however, waiting until the payment leaves your bank to be sure there isn't any issues.

Also always write your case number on the top right hand corner of EVERY PIECE of paper you send to the NVC.

Does it on average take between 20-30 days at NVC to review the case (aos & IV) or is it less than that?? I also had a (very) stupid checklist for leaving the address field blank, because I followed THEIR instructions. I submitted everything including the checklist (I-864ez) on Nov. 6, any chance that they will process this by december??? what are you experiences so far?? also, my wife is in Bosnia, what would be average waiting time for an interview there???? c'mon somebody say something positive about NVC rolleyes.gif

Do we have to write it with pen or pencil ? And on all documents of AOS and IV?

Have you read the first two posts and all the links?

Yes even your documents (including marriage certificate) should have the number on the top right corner. Some people choose to use post it notes on their documents but pencil works as well.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Use the cover sheet that available once you paid your AOS it has the address on it and you must send the cover sheet with the document.

I paid the AOS fee but where is the cover sheet located at? The one I see with barcodes are labeled "Affidavit of Support (AOS) Processing Fee Bill Invoice" is that the one?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.