Hi,

Today my DS-261 was available to fill out online from here:

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

The invoices for AOS and IV are still not available

Nov 1,2013 NOA2 hard copy

Nov 1,2013 The case was receive in NVC

Nov 20, 2013 Case and Invoice were available

Nov 2, 2013 - DS-261 was available online

Ok, I am exactly where you are at as well. It is pretty cool though, last night I called NVC (my nightly routine) and they gave me my NVC case number and when I call again tonight I got my invoice ID number. Anyways, we just filed our DS-261 and now waiting on my AOS and IV invoice so I can pay and get this party started.

*note* I submitted my expedite request due to military deployment two days ago using only my USCIS number. Today they request my name, b.d., and the same for my wife as well as the NVC case id which I had today. We shall see what they say. I do know that they got my email reply from today though because they updated my wife's email address which was not provided until the email from today. I wish you luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Could you please help me here.

My spouse is coming to my place (india) to reside with me for few months (till i get my visa), so my spouse has resigned from job.

Suppose we need to submit AOS in January/Feb 2014, will there be any difficulties. Can't only Tax return can be shown for previous years as document of support?

She has only one source of income and it is job only.

They got my AOS on 16 Oct and it was review on 13 Nov so it look like around 20 working days. So now waiting on my IV Packet which they go in system on 1Nov which I hope will be review in another 20 working days. So looking at 29 Nov till that done.

jmack, if I use your timeframe, it will still be early December. Goodness gracious. I'm losing patience...

I don't think so they take individual 30 days for both packages .. Than it's not 30 days it will became 60 days... What I am understanding they take 30 business days which mean 1.5 month for both package review..

She's, they told me 30 days from their date of receiving them. So it will be 30 days from when they received AOS and 30 days from receiving IV. They are within a week of each other, so it won't add up to 60 days...more like 34. Still...that's 1.5 work months and a little longer due to the 3 days of holidays in November... pretty irksome.

My docs were reviewd in about 20 days...I sent both packages at the same time. They reviewed my IV docs on Friday and my AOS on Monday. I received a checklist (for dumb reasons-so angry) for my AOS by phone on Monday but received the official email yesterday (Tuesday). So I guess it is possible to get reviewed before the 30 days. I'm disappointed too with this process. They received our docs late sept too. Tacking on an extra month for them to review our new documents with our checklist, I have a feeling our interview won't be until mid January-early February. The light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting longer and longer sad.png

kmg, that was a while, but, I guess it's not awful. The process is just awful, really. I've written to my Senator about it. It looks like we'll be waiting for longer for the NVC stuff to clear than we waited for our NOA2, believe it or not. That's pretty ridiculous. Hubby keeps telling me to be patient. But, I'm feeling the same thing...looks like our interview won't be til possibly February now. So sad about that. I was really hoping it would miraculously be before Christmas, but for sure have him here by Valentine's Day (Feb 14.) Just a little (lot) sad about this...

Well either way, it still faster then the USCIS which took almost 6 months just to get NOA2 approved.

Well either way, it still faster then the USCIS which took almost 6 months just to get NOA2 approved.

jmack...not for us. This is much longer. I know we're unusually quick through USCIS, but....I thought this was the part of the process that was supposed to fly by...

Just called NVC and I found out that my case was C O M P L E T E D on Monday.

Congrats onek! At least someone got a case complete! :) Happy for you!!!

Any case Completers here yet. Man this is a slow month. Come on over to the Case complete interview thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/463284-december-2013-interviews/page-3

It seems to be a really slow month! I wonder if there's a reason....

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

Timeline

Well she doesn't have a current income. Current income is what matters not what she earned last year , In my understanding.

Does that mean we can have issues while submitting AOS?

and also, suppose spouse stays with me for some time and then go back and find a job, how old the job should be before submitting AOS?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I will let some experienced members answer that. In my opinion, yes you might need a joint-sponsor. When they ask for current income, I believe it is the projected income. Since she quit the job, I am not sure what answer you can give.

Edited by scienceworks

Timeline

I will let some experienced members answer that. In my opinion, yes you might need a joint-sponsor. When they ask for current income, I believe it is the projected income. Since she quit the job, I am not sure what answer you can give.

Thanks very much. My spouse owns a car, a house and bank balance. So do think so i can work?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm right there with you, I'm a week behind with November 18th NOA2.

This part almost seems worse because there seem to be so many different steps in between and so many different ways to screw up and be sent back to the 'back of the line' to start over.

And then just more and more waiting between each step, with no 'good' estimate of completion. Just "30 days" or "8 weeks" is what I keep seeing/hearing regarding each step, until the end, of course, when AFTER it's complete, we could STILL be waiting one to three months just to get an interview at the embassy!

Sigh...

Its pathetic it takes them 30 days to just mail a case out to the NVC and then for them up to 8 weeks to put the case into the system. I guess we just have to be patient and wait it out.

Timeline

Thanks very much. My spouse owns a car, a house and bank balance. So do think so i can work?

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html#7

May the petitioner/sponsor count assets to meet the 125 percent minimum income requirement?

Yes, except with form I-864EZ. The sponsor's income is totaled first. Personal assets and/or the income and assets of household members who have signed an I-864A are totaled next. Usually the sponsor must present evidence of location, ownership and value including liens and liabilities for each asset listed. The consular officer must find that the financial value of the asset can be converted to cash within one year to support the sponsored immigrant without undue harm to the sponsor or his/her family.

What Cash Value of Assets is Needed?

The total net value of assets, less liens and liabilities against them, must equal five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125% of the poverty level for the household size

Sponsors of spouses and children of U.S. citizens must only prove assets valued at three times the difference between the poverty guideline and actual household income.

Sponsors of orphans who will acquire citizenship after admission to the United States must only prove assets equal to the difference between the poverty guideline and actual household income.

What can be used as assets?

Assets easily convertible to cash can be savings, stocks, bonds and property.

Can the immigrant visa applicant count assets that he or she owns that are outside the United States, such as real estate or personal property?

Yes, under the following conditions:

• The assets must be convertible to cash within 12 months
  • The applicant must show that the assets can be removed from the country where they are located. Many countries have limits on cash or liquid assets that can removed from the country
  • The net value of assets is at least five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125 percent of the poverty guideline for the household size.

Timeline

Is i-864 filled in capital letters? Instructions do not specify for i-864, but it does say to use capital in NVC website

Also i-864A tells us to use capital. Any insights?

Timeline

She's, they told me 30 days from their date of receiving them. So it will be 30 days from when they received AOS and 30 days from receiving IV. They are within a week of each other, so it won't add up to 60 days...more like 34. Still...that's 1.5 work months and a little longer due to the 3 days of holidays in November... pretty irksome.

It seems to be a really slow month! I wonder if there's a reason....

Jemat in my case I send both packages together .. And they review both in 20 days after my checklist.. First time it takes 22 days.. Than after sending checklist another 20 days till case complete .. Thanks to GOD .. Overall I spend 95 days.. Still haven't receive interview date.. Holidays are coming too this month.. Let's see..

We just got a Case Complete status message. They are allowing us to bring the corrected I-864EZ (adding N/A to blank section) to the Embassy interview.

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Timeline

Hi Guys,

Could you please help me here.

My spouse is coming to my place (india) to reside with me for few months (till i get my visa), so my spouse has resigned from job.

Suppose we need to submit AOS in January/Feb 2014, will there be any difficulties. Can't only Tax return can be shown for previous years as document of support?

She has only one source of income and it is job only.

You need a co sponser ..

Timeline

Jemat in my case I send both packages together .. And they review both in 20 days after my checklist.. First time it takes 22 days.. Than after sending checklist another 20 days till case complete .. Thanks to GOD .. Overall I spend 95 days.. Still haven't receive interview date.. Holidays are coming too this month.. Let's see..

What was you checklist for?

USCIS: [CR1]
02/16/2013 - I-130 Sent

02/20/2013 - NOA1

11/04/2013 - NOA2

NVC:

11/25/2013 - Received at NVC

12/13/2013 - Received Case number

12/17/2013 - DS-261 Available & completed

12/18/2013 - Received email to pay AOS Fee (login error)
12/19/2013 - AOS invoice available & paid
12/23/2013 - AOS Fee 'Payment Status' changed to 'PAID'

12/23/2013 - AOS packet Sent (delivered on 12/26/13)

12/27/2013 - AOS packet in system

12/24/2013 - Received email to pay IV fee & paid IV fee
12/27/2013 - IV processing Fee 'Payment Status' changed to 'PAID'

12/27/2013 - DS-230 Form available.
01/04/2014 - DS-230 Completed

01/11/2014 - IV packet Sent (delivered: 1/13/2014)

01/14/2014 - IV packet in System

01/22/2014 - AOS Accepted

01/23/2014 - False Checklist for IV Docs Received

02/03/2014 - NVC reviewed all docs.

02/06/2014 - Supervisor Final review

02/07/2014 - Case Complete (Call to NVC)

03/24/2014 - Interview (approved)
05/17/2014 - POE

ROC:

03/15/2016 - i751 mailed

03/18/2016 - delivered

03/XX/2016 - check cashed

03/XX/2016 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Ok, I am exactly where you are at as well. It is pretty cool though, last night I called NVC (my nightly routine) and they gave me my NVC case number and when I call again tonight I got my invoice ID number. Anyways, we just filed our DS-261 and now waiting on my AOS and IV invoice so I can pay and get this party started.

*note* I submitted my expedite request due to military deployment two days ago using only my USCIS number. Today they request my name, b.d., and the same for my wife as well as the NVC case id which I had today. We shall see what they say. I do know that they got my email reply from today though because they updated my wife's email address which was not provided until the email from today. I wish you luck.

Good luck to you too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.