Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2013

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Part 2 is only for information on the immigrant you are sponsoring. Part 3 is only for information on the Sponsor.

Part 2 - 6. Alien Registration Number - If the immigrant had an alien registration number you would know it. It isn't something you get on an NO2. Don't forget that the I-864EZ is used for other types of petitions so there could be blocks that are not applicable to you situation. For instance, Part 2 - 5. Social Security Number - most immigrants don't have one of those yet, so you just put "N/A" in that block.

I had my original I-864EZ kicked back because I did not put "N/A" in one of the blocks - I left that block empty. The NVC phone reps told me that they are very strict about empty blocks on that form. I had to resubmit the I-864EZ just to put "N/A" in a block and had to spend another $120 for document shipping. So I strongly suggest you put "N/A" in every block that isn't applicable to your situation.

Is putting N/A specific to EZ form or for any AOS forms, because in the i-864 instructions, it specifically says to leave blank if the questions does not apply or answer is none

You are correct. Putting N/A isn't found anywhere in the instructions or on the NVC website. However, my I-864EZ was kicked back because of it. I don't have any knowledge of the normal I-864 form though.

Here is part of the response my Senator got from the NVC:

"The NVC sent an email to Mr. ******** requesting additional information regarding his Affidavit of Support form on *******. We need to receive an I-864EZ form filled out by *********, as he left ****** completely blank. He should resubmit his Affidavit of Support form and indicate “Not applicable” or N/A” on ******. "

I took out any specific information about me or the petition, but you can see that the NVC most definitely mandated that nothing be blank. The phone reps also told me that every block should either be filled out, or have "N/A" in it, and nothing should be blank.

Edited by jayjaym

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

First by phone then next day we received an email with the Fee Bill for both AOS & IV. Keep on calling.

Hi,

How did you get Invoice ID, by phone or by mail?

I`ll try to call them tomorrow again.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.
- Scheduled hubby for INFO PASS dated Sept.26,2012

Sept.21,2012 - Hubby received a call from USCIS Lady doing a "PHONE INTERVIEW".
Sept.24,2012- Received Text & Email " CASE APPROVED"
Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.
Sept.28,2012- Received Noa2 Hard copy

NVC

Oct.22,2013 - NVC received file
Nov.5, 2013 - Received Case # and Invoice ID Number
Nov.6, 2013 - Received Email for AOS & FEE Bill
Nov.8, 2013 - AOS & IV payment status " IN PROCESS"
Nov.12,2013- AOS & IV payment status "PAID"
Nov.21,2013- DS-260 submitted
Dec.9,2013 - AOS & IV package sent
Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
they received our documents.
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Received official email checklist

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- NVC received FedEx document at 9:40a.m. signed by G.Peters

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Jan.21,2014- IV checklist reviewed

Jan. 29,2014- AOS checklist reviewed

Feb. 20, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE

Feb. 27, 2014 - Received Official Email..Case Complete

Feb, 28, 2014 - Received P4

April 1, 2014 - INTERVIEW DATE 9:30a.m.

THE BAHAMAS - PORT OF ENTRY

APRIL 10,2014 "HOME SWEET HOME" with hubby

Got our "official" Case Complete email from NVC !!

Dear Sir or Madam:

The National Visa Center has received all documentation necessary to complete pre-processing
of your case. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner
and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment
until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of
the interview. Additional documentation requirements if applicable can be referenced at
the following URL: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3742.html

Sincerely,

Director
National Visa Center

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Dear Sir or Madam:

The National Visa Center has received all documentation necessary to complete pre-processing

of your case. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of

the interview. Additional documentation requirements if applicable can be referenced at

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

Congrats! I can't wait until my case complete!

Did you have any RFEs?

12/30/2012 Got married!

02/01/2013 Sent I-130 via Priority Mail USPS

02/05/2013 NOA1 Priority Date

04/09/2013 Called USCIS-informed by Tier 2 officer that my case was transferred to Washington D.C. on March 13

09/05/2013 NOA2

09/27/2013 NVC received case

Submitted DS-261

Paid AOS bill

10/16/2013 Paid IV bill

10/19/2013 Submitted DS-260
10/21/2013 Mailed AOS and IV packages overnight

11/15/2013 IV package accepted/Checklist for AOS

11/26/2013 New AOS documents received at NVC

12/19/2013 Case Complete

12/27/2013-Received Interview letter

01/26/2014-Husband's Medical Exam

02/13/2014-Interview- Approved, but the consular officer did not see I-864 joint sponsor documents, and sent my husband home with the packet of all the original documents, and told him to mail it in when he gets it. My husband realized that the "missing" documents had been there all along. Husband immediately mailed it back.

02/26/2014-Consular office received "missing" documents and gave it to CO for review

03/17/2014-Visa Issued!

03/20/2014- Received Visa

03/21/2014- POE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear Sir or Madam:

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

Congrats :-)

Hi all, so I was checking my AOS paper and I realized that I had written my dob in dd/mm/yyyy format and not in mm/dd/yyyy. I don't know why I did that. I never write it in that format. Would I get a checklist for that?? Should I correct it and send it to NVC?? I'm hoping it won't be noticeable but you never know. Saylin or anybody please help.

Don't send anything to NVC unless it's requested for first. They may not catch the mistake, in which case bring a corrected an I-864 to the interview. If they do catch it, wait for the checklist to be issued, then send a corrected form to NVC.

Is putting N/A specific to EZ form or for any AOS forms, because in the i-864 instructions, it specifically says to leave blank if the questions does not apply or answer is none

The I-864EZ still requires 'none' or 'N/A'. The I-864 was updated where a bar-code is generated as information is inputted (the I-864EZ doesn't have this), so because of that, you leave things blank if the answer should be none or N/A as it will change the bar-code at the bottom.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Don't send anything to NVC unless it's requested for first. They may not catch the mistake, in which case bring a corrected an I-864 to the interview. If they do catch it, wait for the checklist to be issued, then send a corrected form to NVC.

The I-864EZ still requires 'none' or 'N/A'. The I-864 was updated where a bar-code is generated as information is inputted (the I-864EZ doesn't have this), so because of that, you leave things blank if the answer should be none or N/A as it will change the bar-code at the bottom.

Makes sense. Saylin, you are an information store house.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Thanks for the advice! I hope they don't catch it either.

*USCIS:

01-11-13: I-130 sent

01-15-13: I-130 accepted/ receipt # assigned

01-22-13: NOA1 hard copy

05-20-13: I-130 interview assigned

07-18-13: I-130 interview

07-22-13: I-130 approved

07-27-13: NOA2 hard copy

*NVC:

07-30-13: NVC receives case / Case # assigned

08-04-13: DS-261 submitted

08-05-13: AOS fee invoiced / paid

08-26-13: IV fee invoiced /paid

09-05-13: DS-260 completed / IV Package emailed

09-09-13: AOS Package emailed

09-16-13 IV package received email generated

09-17-13 AOS package received email generated

09-30-13: AOS checklist email/ AOS checklist response email sent

10-04-13: NVC receives AOS checklist email

10-24-13: AOS checklist #2 email/ AOS checklist #2 response email sent

11-01-13 NVC receives AOS checklist email

11-29-13: Case Complete

12-06-13: Case Complete email

Congrats! I can't wait until my case complete!

Did you have any RFEs?

Yes, I did get a checklist on the I 864 as I had included my husband's income but did not enter an amount for total household income :( this mistake delayed our review by 30 days as we were put back in the queue. We then got another checklist asking to provide more supporting documentation to show my US domicile but luckily, we did not have to send this back to the NVC but for my husband to bring them to the interview ( whew! That was a huge relief)

This forum has been great and extremely helpful ! Good luck with your journey.

Timeline

Yes, I did get a checklist on the I 864 as I had included my husband's income but did not enter an amount for total household income :( this mistake delayed our review by 30 days as we were put back in the queue. We then got another checklist asking to provide more supporting documentation to show my US domicile but luckily, we did not have to send this back to the NVC but for my husband to bring them to the interview ( whew! That was a huge relief)

This forum has been great and extremely helpful ! Good luck with your journey.

I also send them checklist.. Is this really take 30 days again for review :( ? it's painfull.. We recieved checklist after 22 days now again wait.. I hope to get case complete soon.. Mine was same problem too .. Checklist was about gross income..

I also send them checklist.. Is this really take 30 days again for review sad.png ? it's painfull.. We recieved checklist after 22 days now again wait.. I hope to get case complete soon.. Mine was same problem too .. Checklist was about gross income..

You may hear back from them in a week or so. We received our reply for the second checklist in about 30 calendar days eventhough we were told to wait for 30 business days (6 weeks!) I can certainly sympathize with you -- hang in there :)

Timeline

You may hear back from them in a week or so. We received our reply for the second checklist in about 30 calendar days eventhough we were told to wait for 30 business days (6 weeks!) I can certainly sympathize with you -- hang in there :)

Thanks though I'm waiting for them to be reviewed .. It's already 18 calendar days.. When you recieved your checklist ? I mean which date.. And when it's came into their system.. It's written in the checklist letter that allow 20 business days.. But I don't know why on fone calls they always say 30 days..

Called and the kind gentleman answering the call, informed me that a mail have been added to my casefile but could not see what it was- which I know is our packages as they were received a couple of days prior to me calling. So to count 30 days - praying it will be all going through by the end of November and an interview date early December. Praying for Christmas. Praying.

Me too, they got my AOS on 16 Oct and IV packet 1 Nov in system. So hoping case complete sometime this month. ??

Dear Sir or Madam:

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

Congrats!! ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.