GusandCrys

How to contact NVC or DoS for case number

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone.

We got our NOA2 on October 8th and we are now trying to contact the NVC or the DoS to get our case number, or see if one has been assigned yet. When i call the DoS it just gives me information about visas, not able to connect to a person. On the website it said tomorrow (the 16th) the phone lines will change and there will be a new number to call. The number to the DoS also gave me a number to the NVC which was (603) 334-0700, and that number just beeps right away like a busy signal. We NEED to get ahold of them as soon as possible so we can keep up on our case. I tried a few different numbers, but none seem to get me to a person to help. ANY help and responses would be greatly appreciated! Thank You Everyone! :)

Gus and Crys

Service Center: California Service Center

Embassy: Rio de Janeiro

Met: August 22, 2005

First Visit: March-April 2011

Second Visit: August-October 2012

Third Visit: August-September 2013

I-129F Sent: 09/14/2013

Package Received: 09/17/2013

NOA1: 09/19/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 09/28/2013

NOA2:10/08/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 10/12/2013

18 Days From NOA1 until NOA2

NVC Received: 11/07/2013

Case Number Received: 11/08/2013

Sent to Embassy: 11/12/2013

Emailed Embassy asking if they got case: 11/10/2013

Response, not received yet: 11/13/2013

Emailed embassy again: 11/17/2013

Response, received but no interview date yet: 11/18/2013

Case Touched by Consulate: 11/22/2013

Interview Date: 01/23/2014

Visa Issued: 2/7/2014

POE: Detroit, Michigan. 5/17/2014

This is going so fast and we are so blessed. You will be in my arms soon, My Love.

Hi everyone.

We got our NOA2 on October 8th and we are now trying to contact the NVC or the DoS to get our case number, or see if one has been assigned yet. When i call the DoS it just gives me information about visas, not able to connect to a person. On the website it said tomorrow (the 16th) the phone lines will change and there will be a new number to call. The number to the DoS also gave me a number to the NVC which was (603) 334-0700, and that number just beeps right away like a busy signal. We NEED to get ahold of them as soon as possible so we can keep up on our case. I tried a few different numbers, but none seem to get me to a person to help. ANY help and responses would be greatly appreciated! Thank You Everyone! smile.png

Gus and Crys

I might be wrong but maybe because today is federal holiday (Columbus Day) so nobody was answered the phone. Just my guess.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Hi everyone.

We got our NOA2 on October 8th and we are now trying to contact the NVC or the DoS to get our case number, or see if one has been assigned yet. When i call the DoS it just gives me information about visas, not able to connect to a person. On the website it said tomorrow (the 16th) the phone lines will change and there will be a new number to call. The number to the DoS also gave me a number to the NVC which was (603) 334-0700, and that number just beeps right away like a busy signal. We NEED to get ahold of them as soon as possible so we can keep up on our case. I tried a few different numbers, but none seem to get me to a person to help. ANY help and responses would be greatly appreciated! Thank You Everyone! smile.png

Gus and Crys

NVC lines are always busy. You just have to keep trying or call when they open at 7:00 EST. All you do at DOS is push 1 then 0. You just needed to wait a bit to hear the prompts. You should be able to talk to a human there easier. If you filed through CSC though, you probably won't have a case number yet.

I might be wrong but maybe because today is federal holiday (Columbus Day) so nobody was answered the phone. Just my guess.

Columbus Day was yesterday in the US. October 14th.

4q5k.jpg

NVC lines are always busy. You just have to keep trying or call when they open at 7:00 EST. All you do at DOS is push 1 then 0. You just needed to wait a bit to hear the prompts. You should be able to talk to a human there easier. If you filed through CSC though, you probably won't have a case number yet.

Columbus Day was yesterday in the US. October 14th.

Oops, sorry, sometimes I've got confused time differences since Indonesia always earlier than some states in US. Today is Tuesday so I thought probably there is still Monday. Thank you for the clarification.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Oops, sorry, sometimes I've got confused time differences since Indonesia always earlier than some states in US. Today is Tuesday so I thought probably there is still Monday. Thank you for the clarification.

No worries. Just wanting to point them in the right direction. :D

4q5k.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am in the same boat here, I received my NOA2 on August 27th, and still no case number. I contacted them, but told me to wait at least 8 weeks from the date I received my hardcopy. It's been 7 week so far, and this week I will contact them again. Good luck to you on the rest of your journey!

Okay, I just tried to call DOS to see if the number really works - Someone told me have to waited around 6-8 weeks-. I finally was able to talk to one of them. I gave him my receipt number and he said NVC still don't have my fiance petition approval. And then I asked him how long it takes until NVC received the petition and he said just waited to up to 6 weeks.

Edit:

I tried this number 202-485-7600 and was able to talk to a person there.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to National Visa Center- topic is about contacting the NVC ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanks Everyone. Does anyone know the actual number to NVC? Is it normal to beep like its busy? it seems they'd put you on hold or something? Just wondering. Thanks for your replies. :)

This is going so fast and we are so blessed. You will be in my arms soon, My Love.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone.

Gus and Crys

Gus and Crys, first of all, congrats for getting your NOA 2 so quickly! =)

BUT, have you noticed (from the VJ timelines and discussions) that the California Service Center has just started to send the petitions approved in the beginning of September to NVC? It might take you a few more weeks to get your case number... I hope I'm wrong though! I want my case number asap as well!

K1 Visa in 2013

AOS in 2014

N-400 in 2015 {based on Section 319(b) INA}

:time:

Timeline

Hi again everyone!

We got ahold of both DoS and NVC. The DoS had our receipt number on file and he said to wait 6-8 weeks (what an original response, huh?) then I called the NVC and the representative said she didn't even locate our receipt number. I am wondering if the DoS and NVC have the same information and get the information at the same time??? and then the NVC lady asked me when our notice date was, and told me to wait 8 weeks before checking the status of the case. I am worried because it seems she didn't even look up our receipt number. Did anyone else have this experience where the NVC didn't know your receipt number? I guess this is everyone's spot of worry in the process now, more waiting! thanks for your help and replies! :)

Gus and Crys.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.