TBoneTX

The SteveAndTiff Dultimatum

3,026 posts in this topic

1-AbX- Antibiotics

2- Good at administration. But that's if he's there. And that's about it. In the past 8 years, he went from 200 to about 380 lbs. He'd never get hired anywhere else. This is a dead end road for him.

3- A conversation between him and a client goes like this..... "Hello Louis, where's Steve?"

4- He drinks. But I don't see symptoms of an alkie.....or a junkie.....

I'm gonna try to see if I can find out how many sick days he's taken in the last few years......

I'm telling ya, it's over 100, may be 150.....

He never takes 1 single sick day. It's always a week or more.......

Your company has paid sick days?

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

I wish mine did, we just get out PTO. Which unfortunately isn't the greatest in number either.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

At 380 lbs, his health might be pretty darn bad. Alkies are pretty good at hiding it, we get a lot of them in our machine shop. Eventually most of them get fired for attendance issues. Look if Fridays and Mondays are big missing days. That's what we see here, they can't wait to get out and get roaring drunk on the weekend and then can't sober up for Monday.

He's out of breath walking up 1 flight of stairs. I know it's illegal, but who'd hire this guy? He's a liability.

I really don't think he's an alkie or junkie. I'm pretty good at spotting that. Like I said, when he takes sick days, he takes a week or more.

We're a small firm of a couple dozen. The pay is annual salary and other compensation. Usually, an exec in a company takes as many sick days as he wants, but he's expected to be a company man (like T-bone). Sorta like an honor system.....But right now, this guy is abusing the ####### out of it.

And I'm extremely annoyed....I am going to say something about this......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I have supper for tonight all made and in the fridge (Shepherd’s Pie). Made it yesterday on my day off.

I’ve been having trouble managing working a weird schedule and the housework & cooking.

Any tips?

p.s. hubby is definitely helping out but they tend not to eat meals if I don’t cook ahead (or plan something simple) and I’m working over dinner.

On the rare occasion when I've been too sick to make dinner, I try and leave some ground beef/meat in the fridge and husband can just cook it up in the fry pan, mix it with some sauce and put it over pasta. Kind of foolproof. Other options - frozen meatballs or freezing large batches of other things - we do Danish meatballs, stews, and ridiculous quantities of chicken noodle soup (heavy on the veg). Then, it can just go in the microwave.

Sounds like you need a wife

I would love a second wife, if only for help with the housework.

We're a small firm of a couple dozen. The pay is annual salary and other compensation. Usually, an exec in a company takes as many sick days as he wants, but he's expected to be a company man (like T-bone). Sorta like an honor system.....But right now, this guy is abusing the ####### out of it.

And I'm extremely annoyed....I am going to say something about this......

Most people I know, even with really good jobs, wouldn't be allowed to do that. Perhaps you need to rewrite the company policy.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

How nice of the company to have paid sick days.. Mine didn't.. everything is from the pathetic personal day off.

So I still go to work when I am sick, spreading the virus smile.png

Utah is only a short move away for you two rofl.gif

On the rare occasion when I've been too sick to make dinner, I try and leave some ground beef/meat in the fridge and husband can just cook it up in the fry pan, mix it with some sauce and put it over pasta. Kind of foolproof. Other options - frozen meatballs or freezing large batches of other things - we do Danish meatballs, stews, and ridiculous quantities of chicken noodle soup (heavy on the veg). Then, it can just go in the microwave.

That sounds wonderful! BTW you can make up the sauce and boil the noodles, then put the sauce and noodles separately in ziplock sandwich bags in single serving size. Easily dropped on a plate and and nuked until edible in a couple minutes. I always do this with the leftover spaghetti and use it for my lunches here. The single serving size thing can be done with many items, and even frozen to pull out as needed. This is a trick I always used before my wife got here, because so many things cannot be cooked in a single serving size, plus it was so easy to heat up to eat later.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

How nice of the company to have paid sick days.. Mine didn't.. everything is from the pathetic personal day off.

So I still go to work when I am sick, spreading the virus smile.png

The other employees get 8 sick days paid. We don't want them around spreading the flu.

Most people I know, even with really good jobs, wouldn't be allowed to do that. Perhaps you need to rewrite the company policy.

Man I love chicken noodle soup. Grew up on the stuff....and horse meat meatballs too :)

As the bosses, we really don't get sick days. It's just taking time off. I'm calling it a sick day as a description of why he says he has to take off. And it's not "paid" or "unpaid" I get the same salary regardless of how many days I take off.

It's a matter of honor and responsibility.

I'm away a lot. But I never take more than 2 days off in a row, other than vacations. And I definitely would not come off vacation and then tell the boss I'm sick, to continue my vacation. That's just ridiculous. A real s-bag move.....

In the business world, that's known as a "sick pattern"

and definitely not something you expect to see from a boss.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

He's out of breath walking up 1 flight of stairs. I know it's illegal, but who'd hire this guy? He's a liability.

It would take a year, but if he started on South Beach Diet this week, he'd get back to 200 pound fighting weight. It's a book, one has to cook from the recipes, the food for the recipes available any grocery store, not a 'branded diet' foodstuff purchase program.

So, Get Out to a used bookstore, find it for 10 bucks, and drop it in his chair.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

It would take a year, but if he started on South Beach Diet this week, he'd get back to 200 pound fighting weight. It's a book, one has to cook from the recipes, the food for the recipes available any grocery store, not a 'branded diet' foodstuff purchase program.

So, Get Out to a used bookstore, find it for 10 bucks, and drop it in his chair.

are you gettin forgitful in yer old age? I told you I bought that book. Remember?

Timeline

yer supposed to give it away.

just because you bought it, means nothing wink.png

What might mean something, though, is to check in with the guy and ask him if he's interested in a wellness program. SBD would be just a piece of it - don't you guys have membership at a fitness club as well?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

yer supposed to give it away.

just because you bought it, means nothing wink.png

What might mean something, though, is to check in with the guy and ask him if he's interested in a wellness program. SBD would be just a piece of it - don't you guys have membership at a fitness club as well?

I should ask him how he's gonna make a living when he's unemployed.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

heart.gif my husband, but he won't let me help him put up siding. He keeps climbing on and off the roof. C'mon, let me help you!

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I should ask him how he's gonna make a living when he's unemployed.....

You might be sued for discrimination of fat people content.gif

I don't get how people could allow themselves to balloon up so much in size..

Timeline

heart.gif my husband, but he won't let me help him put up siding. He keeps climbing on and off the roof. C'mon, let me help you!

what kind o house is this?

Siding goes on the sides of the house, no roof climbing involved.