Micasa

Is this possible? Need help

12 posts in this topic

Im already in the u.s

wth a fiance visa,i would like to ask if it is posible to change my visa into tourist visa or working visa?

i broke up wth my partner realizing he has been abusing me..

i chose not to live wth him but i decided to stay here can i change that?

if yes then how?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No. a K1 fiance visa is to get married, YOu CAN stay the 90 days you are given on the K1, but no longer than that,.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im already in the u.s

wth a fiance visa,i would like to ask if it is posible to change my visa into tourist visa or working visa?

if yes then how?

I am not an immigration expert but I thought the whole purpose of the fiance visa is to get marry within 90 days to your USC fiance' from the time you arrive in the USA. The visa will cease to exist past the 90 days and could be a problem if he reports you to immigration . I don't know if you can switch visas that easily. Probably your best bet is to consult with an immigration attorney in this matter if you want to stay .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can not switch visa and you can never adjust to a marriage visa to anyone other than the original petition. If you aren't filing VAWA you should leave before the end of 90 days or risk trouble ever coming back to the US again.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

According to the terms of the K-1 visa you applied for and received, you have 90 days to either marry your petitioner fiancé, or return back to the Phils. To do otherwise will likely jeopardize any of your future US immigration opportunities.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You have two choices.

1. Leave the USA

2. Remain her without status, unable to legally work, obtain a driver's license, etc.

You can return home and apply for another visa.

Forget about VAWA, you didn't even get married.

You've only been in the US for one week and already left your fiance. That didn't take long.

Edited by belinda63

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im already in the u.s

if yes then how?

You can not "upgrade" your visa, it's a K-1 allowing you to get married. No marriage - Time to have your fiance buy you a ticket back to the Phils...

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Don't risk your future chances of coning to America, return home on time.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I paid my own ticket lol! Coz he told me so lol

If you've made up your mind that there's no chance of you going through with the marriage for the K-1 requirements, I would buy a return ticket immediately and go, the sooner the better. I would not try and stay the full 90 days. Even though you can, it may raise an issue with a border agent if any future visas are granted.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

If you've left your fiance, your only choice to return to your home country. Overstaying is not an option because that is illegal.

Spoiler

===============================================

January 06, 2011 - Married in Buenos Aires, Argentina 

July 15, 2013 - Mailed I-130 Packet 

May 13, 2014 - Case complete at NVC 

June 16, 2014 - IR-1 VISA APPROVED at US Embassy in Buenos Aires 

July 15, 2014 - Arrival at Houston and Permanent Residency granted

===============================================

April 24, 2017 - Filing N-400 for Naturalization!  

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.