Kawaiijo

I'm worried...need some advice....please help..!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

Can anyone give me some advice. Need help please! I'm already divorce to my ex-husband in japan. And now I have American boyfriend. And he wants to petition me as a fiancé visa and planning to marry me in U.S. Just want to know if the U.S embassy consider my divorce papers (translated in English ) from japan as proof that I'm legally free to marry? Or do I need to get a CENOMAR in NSO? My Philippine passport is still my ex-husband surname. I can't change my status in Philippines b'coz i heard I need to hire attorney and it's expensive... And besides I'm going to Marry in U.S not in the Philippines .

Please help me. I'm worried about it....

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

hi kawaiijo,

Which Embassy you will go for interview? Japan or Philippines? I think if you will do it in Japan they will definitely honor that

My divorce papers here in Hong kong which is also translated in English is the one we used filing our K1 visa, You don't have to get a cenamor in NSO from the philippines since you were married before already.

Oh about your passport Surname try to ask people who has the same, I will try to ask my friend what she did and I will tell you as soon as possible.

Timeline

Hi Sydneyron!

Thank you for the info. It really help.

We are planning to apply in Philippines. I'm not allowed to apply in japan so I can't apply.

Even in the U.S embassy in Philippines do you think they don't need cenamor from NSO?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Introducing Our Members to K1 Process & Procedures; duplicate thread removed.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

apple21 is correct. You need a CENOMAR for a K1 visa. Your divorce papers could possibly be enough, but to be on the safe side and to save yourself time and frustration, just get a CENOMAR and you will have nothing to worry about.

God bless!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi Sydneyron!

We are planning to apply in Philippines. I'm not allowed to apply in japan so I can't apply.

Even in the U.S embassy in Philippines do you think they don't need cenamor from NSO?

CENAMOR is just for single people who never been married before , so you won't need to get that . What you need to present to them is your marriage termination papers (divorce decree nissi) where is your recent residence country? your petitioner (US citizen) will apply the visa for you in USA not you who will apply. then once the petition approved they will send to the US consulate of country you are residing in.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Hi Kawaiijo! I have the same situation as yours, except that my ex husband was also a Filipino. He divorced me when he became a naturalized USC.

I am now engaged to my high school sweetheart which is a naturalized USC. My fiance sent a copy of my final divorce decree along with our I-129F package. I'm also still using my ex husband's surname (passport & ID'S) until now and we put that in all the forms also. We just included proofs of legal name change i.e. my birth certificate & marriage certificate. We sent our application on Sept. 23, 2013, and our status right now is under initial review (alien registration number was changed).

Btw, I am a Filipina, working in Bahrain.

Edited by Angel&Bhong

I-129F AOS & EAD

09.23.2013- I-129F package sent via USPS 07.25.2014- Sent I-485, I-765

09.25.2013- package received 07.28.2014- Received by USCIS

09.30.2013- check cashed 07.31.2014- Text & email confirmation

09.30.2013- NOA1 (email & text) 08.03.2014- Received hardcopies NOA

10.01.2013- Alien registration number changed 08.29.2014- Biometrics appointment

10.29.2013- NOA2 heart.gif 10.10.2014- EAD card production

11.01.2013- NOA2 hardcopy received 10.20.2014- EAD card received

11.26.2013- NVC Case number assigned 10.20.2014- Received notice of interview appointment (AOS)

12.02.2013- NVC forwarded to embassy 11.24.2014- Interview (Approved)

12.19.2013- Email from embassy asking for beneficiary's contact info 12.03.2014- Green card received

12.23.2013- Email from embassy for additional documents to be submitted (packet 3)

01.15.2014- Medical

01.22.2014- Documents completed and sent

01.30.2014- Interview ( Administrative Review)

02.02.2014- Got a call from embassy asking to submit my passport

02.03.2014- Issued!!!

02.04.2014- Visa on hand!! goofy.gif

03.31.2014- POE

04.20.2014- Married (L)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

Can anyone give me some advice. Need help please! I'm already divorce to my ex-husband in japan. And now I have American boyfriend. And he wants to petition me as a fiancé visa and planning to marry me in U.S. Just want to know if the U.S embassy consider my divorce papers (translated in English ) from japan as proof that I'm legally free to marry? Or do I need to get a CENOMAR in NSO? My Philippine passport is still my ex-husband surname. I can't change my status in Philippines b'coz i heard I need to hire attorney and it's expensive... And besides I'm going to Marry in U.S not in the Philippines .

Please help me. I'm worried about it....

Thank you

Being your passport is in your married name the marriage with your EX was reported to NSO. Who petitioned the divorce your EX or you? Hopefully your EX, if so you will need to record the divorce with NSO so you are shown as single once more. If you filed for the divorce it will not be recognized in the Philippines and you will need to do the annulment process.

You may have a divorce decree but in the Philippines the embassy requires a CENOMAR for the K-1. Plus to get your CFO sticker you need to present your CENOMAR and without the CFO sticker you are not leaving the country.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

are you guys married also in the philippines..if not ur cenomar is single...get cenomar then include ur divorce decree in filing k1...so they will know ur already divorce even ur using ur x last name...but if ur married here u recognition of divorce...

Timeline

I would make sure you include copies of your divorce papers with the initial filing of I129F then when it reaches the embassy in the philipines ask what they require for documentation.

Paul and Ilyn

Timeline

Just found this on embassy web site see the way it is worded it say IF YOU HAVE NEVER CONTRACTED MARRIAGE so it will not apply to you Good luck to you in your journey!!

Paul and ILYN

CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE RECORD (CENOMAR). If you have never contracted marriage,

a CENOMAR (Singleness) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security
paper should be submitted. You may call the NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 to inquire on
securing a CENOMAR

Hi Sydneyron!

Hi,

Just a piece of thought from my own experience here.I was annuled in the Philis.and i got my NSO annotated copy and Finality Certificate which were attached with our I130. Your CENOMAR will definitely bear that you're still married,since you hadn't filed for annulment,if you got married in the Philippines with our first husband.

My passport now is also under my previous marriage's surname. You need to apply for a passport under your single name. But then again,you will be asked a copy of your Court Order duly certified, Finality Certificate issued by the Court and an authenticated copy of your old marriage certificate with annotation,authenticated copy of your birth certificate, all original,especially when you are out of the country,,,,before you can actually apply for one.

I hope this would help.

Goodluck and God bless.

B&B

Timeline

Hi Boy&Bell !

Thanks for the info. ^_^

So I really need to file annulment in Philippines :( to clear all my papers and to Change my status before I apply K1 fiancé visa...!?

Someone told me that "I will need to apply for the change status if I'm still planning to reside in japan & marry again in japan or reside in the Philippines and marry in the Philippines, if not then I don't have to...."

And some says that I need to file & get recognition of foreign divorce in the Philippine before i can marry again or before I can apply K1 Fiancé visa.... And need to get a lawyer for the processing and it cost 200,000 pesos and it takes 6months to 1yr :(

And I don't know what is the truth....or what I really need to do..... :((

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.