Dusty345

my fiancee 17yrs older than me

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

All they care about is you proving that you have a genuine relationship with each other and that you're not using him/her for the visa. I have read different stories from couples that things can be rough in Lagos but I also heard the same thing about the consulate in Casablanca (Morocco) and for our journey we didn't have any troubles, just a couple of minor hiccups that were easily taken care of. Be real and make sure you know everything about your fiancé because these people are trained to know what to look for and what questions to ask to trip you up and if they doubt your story even marginally they may deny the visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am the male(nigerian) and she is older!we have known eacher other for 2yrs now! We met in asia last year and she came to nigeria this year to meet my family! We are in love and she is my best friend!

Double the effort on to showing how genuine your relationship is. Good luck!

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is that a norm there? the COs are in tune with the culture

If its genuine then don't worry...they will ask about U about wanting

kids , just get your stuff right...No judgment dude but cant C

myself with someone 17 yrs younger nor older than me

It is only the norm when its immigration related. So in other words... you would not find a 33 year old Nigerian man with a 50 year old Nigerian woman ( well at least not in the open).

OP there is nothing you can do about it now, but just be ready to address it if it even comes up during your interview. You can't change her age, and you know its not normal in Nigerian culture. So there isn't really much anyone else can tell you here. Then to just cross that bridge when you get there.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I agree with last two comments to be overly prepared to justify and document the relationship.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Timeline

I have decided that instead of writing an embassy review, to instead post on related questions that were asked of my wife at her interview.

I am 22 years older (USC Male) than my Wife. The age question came up and they spent some time on that.

CO: I see that your Husband is 22 years older that you.

Wifey: Yes.

CO: Does that bother you, isn't that an issue for you and why are you marrying someone that older than you?

Wifey: It does not bother me as I love my Husband and it is the norm in my culture.

CO: Explain why it is the norm in your culture.

Wifey: In my culture, yoruba, it is normal and acceptable for a Husband to be older than the Wife but not vice versa.

CO and Interpreter (who was an older Yoruba Man and an absolute God sent) were all smiles so obviously the answer fits their own ideology.

CO: Has he met your family and has he been accepted?

Wife: Yes, he has met ALL of my siblings, my parent and family elders and he has been accepted as a Son and Brother. (She showed pictures of wedding and also before and after wedding when we visited folks). My family calls him individually and he calls them too.

So to round up. DO NOT underestimate this question. It will be asked, of that I am sure since you know that this is not normal for our culture and you need to be prepared for a reasonable and prudent answer, in my opinion.

Don't get freaked out just answer truthfully.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.