Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2013

418 posts in this topic

Yeah, twice in the span of like 1.5 weeks. Kinda brutal. After the second denial, I didn't attempt to visit the US again. Didn't want to get banned.

Unbelievable! What kind of visa did you have?

Unbelievable! What kind of visa did you have?

As a Canadian, I didn't/don't need a visa to visit the US.

As a Canadian, I didn't/don't need a visa to visit the US.

Oh that's great! So is it up to POE officer to decide whether to admit someone not requiring visa to the US? I have heard of cases of people actually coming in with valid visas just to be told that they cant enter the country...Very disappointing, I can only imagine.

Oh that's great! So is it up to POE officer to decide whether to admit someone not requiring visa to the US? I have heard of cases of people actually coming in with valid visas just to be told that they cant enter the country...Very disappointing, I can only imagine.

Yes, whether you have a visa or not, it's always up to the border officers to let you in or not. A visa doesn't guarantee you anything; the officer has the ultimate decision of letting you in. Although, having a visa does increase the odds by a lot, especially when coming from a country that typically doesn't let you in otherwise.

Yes, there's two tracks: IV and AOS. Uh, confused about what you're confused about. IV is IV. It is the same thing.

The DS-260 only becomes available after the IV fee has been processed. The IV bar-coded cover sheet becomes available after the IV bill has been paid.

So they're two separate tracks, but we have to do both? Then maybe something is wrong here....coz we paid the AOS fees and we can not pay anything related to the IV. I was thinking maybe we had to wait for the AOS to clear before IV would unlock. Is there something I may have missed to unlock paying the IV fee?

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So they're two separate tracks, but we have to do both? Then maybe something is wrong here....coz we paid the AOS fees and we can not pay anything related to the IV. I was thinking maybe we had to wait for the AOS to clear before IV would unlock. Is there something I may have missed to unlock paying the IV fee?

Yes the DS-261 form "unlocks the IV Bill and gets you invoiced. Like Saylin said two totally separate tracks have nothing to do with each other.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Yes, they're independent of one another, but both need to be done for a case complete.

As I've said before, the IV fee is only invoiced once the DS-261 has been accepted and added to the casefile. The IV fee has absolutely NOTHING to do with the AOS fee.

Yes the DS-261 form "unlocks the IV Bill and gets you invoiced. Like Saylin said two totally separate tracks have nothing to do with each other.

Yes, they're independent of one another, but both need to be done for a case complete.

As I've said before, the IV fee is only invoiced once the DS-261 has been accepted and added to the casefile. The IV fee has absolutely NOTHING to do with the AOS fee.

Thanks dwheels and Saylin! I guess we're just waiting then. Thanks again.

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

First posting here. We are at the final stages (fingers crossed) now as our ds 260 was just approved and are waiting for our AOS to get approved (after resubmitting in response to a checklist). Our question is in reference to the CEAC Visa Status web page. What are the other possible statuses besides "At NVC" and "Case Complete"? Are there other interim, more informative statuses to let people know where they are in the processing?

Thanks.

Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello

can anybody tell me where i can follow my case statues ?

i am checking my page on ceac.state.gov where i filled ds-260 but there is no statues.

and

will they inform me if any of documents are missing or they need something more ? or i need to call ? i just want to follow my case and check on which state it is :/

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello

can anybody tell me where i can follow my case statues ?

i am checking my page on ceac.state.gov where i filled ds-260 but there is no statues.

and

will they inform me if any of documents are missing or they need something more ? or i need to call ? i just want to follow my case and check on which state it is :/

thanks

To know status at NVC you must call. The only times they contact you is when they send you email they checklist your AOS or IV package.

Then you will also get email when case complete and email of interview date.

The CEAC is a visa status tracker. Not until you are sent out of NVC then you can start tracking status

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

NVC entered my IV and AOS documents into the system on October 21st. Can someone tell me when I should accept these documents to get accepted? I know what NVC response is. I'm asking based on current acceptance reported here.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

I have some questions on my wife's DS-260.

I petitioned for my wife (IR-1) and her daughter (IR-2) and they were approved.

On the old DS-230 I had down: me, her daughter, and our new born son, since it said who will accompany you to the United States.

But on the DS-260 it says who will immigrate with you to the United States: I take it I should just put her daughter? Me and our son are both US citizens, we will accompany my wife, but we will not immigrate to the United States. Is my thinking correct?

And on the employment question, my wife's last job ended in Oct 2009 and since then she has been with me at home, as a homemaker. do I need to put that down under employment? If I do not there will be a gap in her timeline from Oct 2009 to present?

DCF Manila

December 12, 2009 Married Lapu-Lapu, Philippines

October 2, 2013 Submitted I-130's

October 8, 2013 I-130's Approved

October 16, 2013 MNL Case Number's Issued

October 30, 2013 NBI Clearance

October 31, 2013 DS-260's Submitted On- Line

October 31, 2013 Cemar CRS Form No. 5

November 23, 2013 Received Packet #3 From US Embassy Manila

January 8-10 2014 Medical Exam's Passed

February 11, 2014 IR-1/IR-2 Visa's Approved

February 17, 2014 Passport's/Visa's in Transit from Post

February 19, 2014 Passport's/Visa's Arrive Via 2Go

February 28, 2014 CFO Completed

June 2, 2014 POE & Immigration at Guam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello OCT filers,

Just received checklist for I864 (silly reason: wife forgot to put N/A under sponsor information).

She sent in the corrected form on OCT 25. Does this mean that my case complete date has now been pushed to 20 days later or will I be put "back in the queue"?

Thanks.

PD - Jan 31st 2013

Local Field Office - Washington DC (Fairfax)

NOA2 - August 23 2013

======

NVC Received - 11th September

NVC Assigned - 17th September

DS261 Filled - 20th September

AOS generated - 20th September

AOS paid - 21st September

DS261 Rec'd - 23rd September

AOS Package Rec'd - 30th September

IV Generated - 7th October

IV Paid - 7th October

IV Package Rec'd - 18th October

Checklist For AOS - 29th October

Checklist Responded - 29th October

New AOS Package Rec'd - 30th October

=======

AOS Accepted -

CASE COMPLETE -

Interview -

POE -

owAmp5.png

I have some questions on my wife's DS-260.

I petitioned for my wife (IR-1) and her daughter (IR-2) and they were approved.

On the old DS-230 I had down: me, her daughter, and our new born son, since it said who will accompany you to the United States.

But on the DS-260 it says who will immigrate with you to the United States: I take it I should just put her daughter? Me and our son are both US citizens, we will accompany my wife, but we will not immigrate to the United States. Is my thinking correct?

And on the employment question, my wife's last job ended in Oct 2009 and since then she has been with me at home, as a homemaker. do I need to put that down under employment? If I do not there will be a gap in her timeline from Oct 2009 to present?

On the DS-260, you only put people who are applying for visas, so your wife and daughter. It's actually the same thing on the old DS-230, just the wife and daughter. That question isn't referring to US citizens travelling with the beneficiaries.

As for the employment question, just put "unemployed", then the dates Oct 2009 to present. That's what I did for mine as I was unemployed at the time.

Hello OCT filers,

Just received checklist for I864 (silly reason: wife forgot to put N/A under sponsor information).

She sent in the corrected form on OCT 25. Does this mean that my case complete date has now been pushed to 20 days later or will I be put "back in the queue"?

Thanks.

You never had a case complete date. You only get case complete once the case is complete. If you received a checklist, you never reached case complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.