Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2013

418 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello OCT filers,

Just received checklist for I864 (silly reason: wife forgot to put N/A under sponsor information).

She sent in the corrected form on OCT 25. Does this mean that my case complete date has now been pushed to 20 days later or will I be put "back in the queue"?

Thanks.

Hi K&D

Can you be more specific for the checklist? Which part and which no?

Thanks

I-130 (California Service Center) / Category: F2A / Priority Date: Sep 6rd, 2013

I-130
2013-09-01 : I-130 Sent

• 2013-09-03: I-130 Received
  • 2013-09-06: NOA-1
  • 2013-10-01: NOA2 approved (SMS and email from USCIS

2013-10-06: NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

2013-10-15: NVC received the case

2013-10-21: Case Number , Invoice Number and BIN received

• 2013-10-24: Choice of Agent (DS 261) filled. (AOS, IV fee not available yet)
  • 2013-10-25: Email to pay AOS fee
  • 2013-10-28: AOS payment available and paid
  • 2013-10-30: AOS Shows as "Paid"
  • 2013-11-01: Mailed i864 docs
  • 2013-11-01: IV fee available and paid
  • 2013-11-01: AOS Docs received at NVC ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-04 IV Supporting Docs mailed ( IV payment still shows as IN PROCESS...but moneys already withdrawn from account)
  • 2013-11-06 IV Supporting Docs received ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-07: IV Shows as "PAID"

2013-11-07: Received/Entered both AOS and IV in the system for review.

• 2013-11-08: DS 260 completes and submitted.

2013-12-05: Received checklist for AOS

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on active duty in the U.S. armed services.

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

• 2013-12-05: Sent checklist response for AOS
  • 2013-12-07: Received "false checklist": IV Docs reviewed and accepted

2013-12-11: Entered checklist for AOS into system

2014-01-06: Case Complete per call to NVC.

2014-01-29: Interview Date assigned

2014-02-03: CEAC site updated to "In Transit"

2014-03-04: Interview Date

2014-03-04: VISA APPROVED. pickup on 2013-03-06

Thanks to all
GLTA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi K&D

Can you be more specific for the checklist? Which part and which no?

Thanks

The checklist was for leaving the section C (sponsor information) blank. She should have written N/A.

PD - Jan 31st 2013

Local Field Office - Washington DC (Fairfax)

NOA2 - August 23 2013

======

NVC Received - 11th September

NVC Assigned - 17th September

DS261 Filled - 20th September

AOS generated - 20th September

AOS paid - 21st September

DS261 Rec'd - 23rd September

AOS Package Rec'd - 30th September

IV Generated - 7th October

IV Paid - 7th October

IV Package Rec'd - 18th October

Checklist For AOS - 29th October

Checklist Responded - 29th October

New AOS Package Rec'd - 30th October

=======

AOS Accepted -

CASE COMPLETE -

Interview -

POE -

owAmp5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You never had a case complete date. You only get case complete once the case is complete. If you received a checklist, you never reached case complete.

True, I mis-phrased my question. Sorry about that. What i intended to ask was: will this checklist reset the NVC 30 day clock? I mean it took them about 25 days for them to review the AOS documents, and now, after re-submitting the DS260 will I have to wait 25-30 more days for them to review it or will I still have my place in line?

Hope this was clearer way to put it :)

Thanks!

PD - Jan 31st 2013

Local Field Office - Washington DC (Fairfax)

NOA2 - August 23 2013

======

NVC Received - 11th September

NVC Assigned - 17th September

DS261 Filled - 20th September

AOS generated - 20th September

AOS paid - 21st September

DS261 Rec'd - 23rd September

AOS Package Rec'd - 30th September

IV Generated - 7th October

IV Paid - 7th October

IV Package Rec'd - 18th October

Checklist For AOS - 29th October

Checklist Responded - 29th October

New AOS Package Rec'd - 30th October

=======

AOS Accepted -

CASE COMPLETE -

Interview -

POE -

owAmp5.png

True, I mis-phrased my question. Sorry about that. What i intended to ask was: will this checklist reset the NVC 30 day clock? I mean it took them about 25 days for them to review the AOS documents, and now, after re-submitting the DS260 will I have to wait 25-30 more days for them to review it or will I still have my place in line?

Hope this was clearer way to put it smile.png

Thanks!

They seem to be rather slow reviewing docs right now. We submitted our DS-261 last Weds and it still hasn't been accepted. We got the automatic confirmation of submission, but nothing since. I've pretty much given up my hope that it would be through by Christmas. At this rate, it's looking like, for us, at least, the AOS plus IV part is going to take another month at least before it's sent to the consulate.

Edited by Jenmatt

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

On the DS-260, you only put people who are applying for visas, so your wife and daughter. It's actually the same thing on the old DS-230, just the wife and daughter. That question isn't referring to US citizens travelling with the beneficiaries.

As for the employment question, just put "unemployed", then the dates Oct 2009 to present. That's what I did for mine as I was unemployed at the time.

Sorry but your wrong...on the DS-260 you cannot put the word "present". it won't let you, I tried, it has to be the year...maybe on the DS-230 you could but not on the DS-260.

DCF Manila

December 12, 2009 Married Lapu-Lapu, Philippines

October 2, 2013 Submitted I-130's

October 8, 2013 I-130's Approved

October 16, 2013 MNL Case Number's Issued

October 30, 2013 NBI Clearance

October 31, 2013 DS-260's Submitted On- Line

October 31, 2013 Cemar CRS Form No. 5

November 23, 2013 Received Packet #3 From US Embassy Manila

January 8-10 2014 Medical Exam's Passed

February 11, 2014 IR-1/IR-2 Visa's Approved

February 17, 2014 Passport's/Visa's in Transit from Post

February 19, 2014 Passport's/Visa's Arrive Via 2Go

February 28, 2014 CFO Completed

June 2, 2014 POE & Immigration at Guam

Hi guys, just going through the final checks before we send off our AOS and DS260. I have a question. I was issued a conditional GC when I was little, as my father worked in the US for a few months. However, we moved back to Canada and the GC expired. Should we include the alien registration number in the AOS i864? We did include it in the i130 and sent photocopies of expired GC to USCIS. Just a little confused about this. If someone can let me know, I'll be grateful.

Thanks

Married 01/11/2013

I-130 Filed: 01/25/2013

NOA-1: 01/29/2013

• 08/20/2013: Service Request Placed; Case transferred to NYC Field Office 06/11/13

• Congressman involved: 09/25/2013

• NOA-2: 09/27/2013

• NVC Received Case: 10/7/2013

• NVC Assigned Case #: 10/7/2013

• DS-261 Completed; OPT-IN E-mail Sent: 10/7/2013

• AOS (i864) Bill Paid: [$88] 10/09/2013

• IV Bill Paid: [$230] 10/27/2013

• AOS (i864) Package Sent [EP]: 10/30/2013

• DS-260 Completed & Supporting Documents Sent [EP]: 10/31/2013

• AOS (i864) Package Received by NVC: 11/13/2013

• DS-260 Package Received by NVC: 11/14/2013

• Checklisted: 11/27/2013

• Responded to checklists: 12/2/2013

• Case Completed at NVC: 12/30/2013

• Medical Exam in Toronto: 12/16/2013

• Interview in Montreal: 02/13/2014 (Approved)

• Visa in Hand: 02/19/2014

• POE in YYZ Terminal 1: 04/10/2014

• GC Received in Mail: 06/12/2014

--ROC--

I-751 Filed: 01/20/2016 (California Center)

Hope this was clearer way to put it smile.png

Thanks!

That's much clearer ;) But yes, it'll obviously reset the clock as they now need to review something else. Whether it will actually take as long as the time frame they give out over the phone, who knows. Could be faster, could be slower. Just keep calling once a day (or as often as you want) and asking for any updates.

[...]

Sorry but your wrong...on the DS-260 you cannot put the word "present". it won't let you, I tried, it has to be the year...maybe on the DS-230 you could but not on the DS-260.

Actually, looking at my form, unless they've changed things, they actually ask what the present occupation is of the beneficiary. I chose 'not employed'. So, there's no dates to input.

Hi guys, just going through the final checks before we send off our AOS and DS260. I have a question. I was issued a conditional GC when I was little, as my father worked in the US for a few months. However, we moved back to Canada and the GC expired. Should we include the alien registration number in the AOS i864? We did include it in the i130 and sent photocopies of expired GC to USCIS. Just a little confused about this. If someone can let me know, I'll be grateful.

Thanks

Did the A number appear on the NOA2?

Just got invoiced and paid the IV bill. Yay! dancin5hr.gif Thanks for all of your help with that process. I was lost for a day or two and you guys really assisted me. Particular thanks to you, Saylin.

Now to get the packet off... Trying to debate the best way to do this as hubby just received the police certs there and I have two documents needed here. I think we should send them all together, so I'll probably have him send everything to me and get them in the mail from here.

Does anyone know what the timeline would be from here on out, so I have an idea? I'm planning to get the IV packet off in the mail to NVC by next Friday if possible. I realize we'll hit a Thanksgiving delay, but is there a chance that this could still be approved before Christmas?

Just got invoiced and paid the IV bill. Yay! dancin5hr.gif Thanks for all of your help with that process. I was lost for a day or two and you guys really assisted me. Particular thanks to you, Saylin.

Now to get the packet off... Trying to debate the best way to do this as hubby just received the police certs there and I have two documents needed here. I think we should send them all together, so I'll probably have him send everything to me and get them in the mail from here.

Does anyone know what the timeline would be from here on out, so I have an idea? I'm planning to get the IV packet off in the mail to NVC by next Friday if possible. I realize we'll hit a Thanksgiving delay, but is there a chance that this could still be approved before Christmas?

NVC is currently giving out a 30 day time frame to review packages. I'd say there's a good chance both packages will be looked at before Thanksgiving, and possibly (if neither gets a checklist), even a case complete by the end of November. Unless things are really fast in the NL though, I'd say there's not that good of a chance of having your husband home for Christmas (I could be wrong though!); most likely sometime in January instead.

NVC is currently giving out a 30 day time frame to review packages. I'd say there's a good chance both packages will be looked at before Thanksgiving, and possibly (if neither gets a checklist), even a case complete by the end of November. Unless things are really fast in the NL though, I'd say there's not that good of a chance of having your husband home for Christmas (I could be wrong though!); most likely sometime in January instead.

That's what I was thinking too. I think he's going to chance it and try to come for Christmas either way. And he has a business trip to make to the US..so that's going to be interesting to see if he's allowed in or not. Crossing fingers! I am hoping he'll be all set to really be here by Valentine's Day...it's kind of my "realistic" deadline...even though Christmas was my "hopeful" one. Thanks Saylin. At least it's moving...and yes, hopefully no checklist! Crossing fingers on that, too. We've tried to be thorough...

That's what I was thinking too. I think he's going to chance it and try to come for Christmas either way. And he has a business trip to make to the US..so that's going to be interesting to see if he's allowed in or not. Crossing fingers! I am hoping he'll be all set to really be here by Valentine's Day...it's kind of my "realistic" deadline...even though Christmas was my "hopeful" one. Thanks Saylin. At least it's moving...and yes, hopefully no checklist! Crossing fingers on that, too. We've tried to be thorough...

Unless there are problems, I think Valentine's Day is a definite possibility! And although Christmas is highly improbable, there's always a chance someone can cancel their interview (in December) and he gets assigned their date :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi,

So packages were according to fedex received this past Friday- so basically NVC have had all of the docs for 3 working days now. What's next? Sit and wait a couple of weeks before contacting them, and wil the status change online once NVC completes the case?

Praying to be home together for Christmas :/

thank you.

Edited by dance of life

Hi,

So packages were according to fedex received this past Friday- so basically NVC have had all of the docs for 3 working days now. What's next? Sit and wait a couple of weeks before contacting them, and wil the status change online once NVC completes the case?

Praying to be home together for Christmas :/

thank you.

Start calling up daily (or as often as you want)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I send my IV and AOS package together ... After tough 22 days they send me checklist :( after such a long time..for just a minor thing in AOS package I wrote wrong gross income which was not same as in tax return .. Anyhow I send them back my checklist and it's 4 working days already I haven't got any response plus they are saying when I call wait 30 days.. I don't know why again 30.. I'm very depress now for this waiting waiting :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

NVC CHECKLIST

I JUST GOT A CHECKLIST TODAY AFTER WAITING FOR 20 business working days.

My wife is the USC and she was asked to submit 2012 tax return. We had written a letter that she was not required to file 2012 tax return because she only got her first job in the US July 16 2013.

PLEASE KINDLY GIVE ME USEFUL HINTS AND LINKS TO RESPOND TO THE CHECKLIST.

THANKS

(FOR ME THE APPLICANT)______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.
______2 - PASSPORT:________________________________________________
Please submit a copy of the biographic data page of this person's
passport, including the expiration date of the passport. The
passport must be valid.
______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
A review of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form and
supporting documents that you submitted has revealed that you have provided incomplete information in
your response or you have not responded to some questions.
Please pay specific attention to the questions marked in the attached I-864/A checklist. You will need to
complete and submit a new form with the changes noted on the attached checklist.
You will need to follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) that are posted on the
Department of State website at the following address:
www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. From there, you can fill out a new form online, print the new
completed form and mail it to NVC. If you are the Petitioner, please read all instructions and complete
the correct form to submit to NVC. An Affidavit of Support form is required to be submitted from the
Petitioner on each case regardless of his/her income level.
NVC will hold this case until you send us these needed items. When you return the documents to NVC,
please make sure that the documents submitted are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in
the I-864 Important Notice instructions.
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.
( FOR MY WIFE THE PETITIONER) Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, & Financial
Evidence Checklist)
Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing
instructions.
I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist
[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review,
we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the
additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864
form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.
[x]
In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following...
[x]
[x]
In Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following...
[x]
[x] Item 13.a. You must include your _2012__________________________________ tax and income information.
[x] Items 13.a.1. The income you enter must match the total (gross) income reported on your most recent Federal
income tax return. If you filed Form 1040EZ, use the adjusted gross income instead.
[x]
In Part 8, Sponsor's Contract, please correct the following...
[x]
The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you
resubmit the form.
[x]
You must submit the following financial evidence:
[x]
NVC Special Instructions
[x]
(OUR JOINT SPONSOR) Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, & Financial Evidence
Checklist)
Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing
instructions.
I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist
[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review,
we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the
additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864
form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.
[x]
In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following...
[x]
[x]
In Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following...
[x]
[x] Items 13.a.1. The income you enter must match the total (gross) income reported on your most recent Federal
income tax return. If you filed Form 1040EZ, use the adjusted gross income instead.
[x]
In Part 8, Sponsor's Contract, please correct the following...
[x]
The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you
resubmit the form.
[x]
You must submit the following financial evidence:
[x]
NVC Special Instructions
[x]
Edited by azah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.