Silentbeauty

N-400 denial because of immigration error!!!

85 posts in this topic

This is my story.i got married in april 2009 filed for adjustment of status ,had my interview 4.20.2011.the Io that interviewed us was pretty mean but I brushed that off. he said he will approve the case.waited and waited no greencard, until 9 months later. on the greencard it says 4.20.2011,so I was thinking well he approved us that date and it took 9months for me to get it.i filed to remove the condition 90 days before it expires and I was granted the 10yrs greencard. I applied for my citizenship this year in june2013 and got an interview date for September 19,2013.ok so I was happy,went to the interview,waited over 2 hours,didnt bother me because they were behind and had computer issues.anyways my name was called and the lady said both me and husband and kids should all come in.went in the office,was there for about 20 minutes because they had more computer issues, the IO said they must have picked up the new system from a garage sale,i just laughed and waited for another 20minutes.anyways she asked my husband and I to stand and tswear ij etc. .she gave me the civic test and I answered the first 6 correctly and did the reading and writing correctly and she asked me questions on my application.everything went well at that moment,then she took my file up and she got quiet and said well this is why they pay me the big box to tell you this,i was like what is she talking about,anyways she said,well I have to deny your case,its not your fault but ours.on your greencard it says 4.20.2011 and I understand that you applied the time that you should BUT!!! the IO that interviewed you for your greencard was new and had no idea what he was doing so he forgot to put the 4.20.2011 date in your file on that date,instead he put the date in 9months later ,so therefore you applied for your citizenship 9months too early and because you removed your 2 year greencard conditional card the time you did,that was also early. I was shocked,i just started to cry.i mean they made the mistake and waited until I went for my citizenship to tell me this.she said that's how the system is they don't actually go through all the file until they reach the citizenship step.so I asked what do I do now,she said she doesn't know what to tell me but its not my fault and I would just have to sit and wait for a denial letter and refile for my greencard and citizenship!!! are you serious!! I came this far and have to redo my entire immigration process because of there mistake.she said well to make you feel better,he did this to couple hundred people!! .I don't know how that gonna make me feel better thou.so now am here not knowning what to do.i contacted lawyers and waiting for a call back.i don't have the offiical denial letter in hand,i checked online to see if they updated my case but they haven't, so depressing that they did this and wont fix it,ooh and to make matters worst,my husband told me he saw the guy that messed up my papers just sitting relaxing in his office.im so glad I didn't see him because I definitely would have a little chat with him.so pissed!!!

Edited by Silentbeauty

Just refile citizenship when you are eligible. I don't think they will take your GC away.

And the phrase is "big bucks." A buck is slang for a dollar. :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

no,this is the date on my 10years greencard not my conditional card

The 10 year card is dated back to when you first became a PR. It will always be that date in all the cards forever.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

im not understanding what your saying but I had my interview and got my 2 year condition card I think in 09 and this recent greencard I got was dated 4.20.2011 and I applied for my citizenship this year after 3 years of marriage but the main problem is with the IO and put a wrong date in my file and the lady that interviewd me for my citizenship saw the error that he made.so she said I have to file all over again.so frustrating

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - then study your first green card.

give us the first date on the first green card.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ok my first greencard it says resident 4.20.10,expires 4.20.12

ooh typo on my posst not 2011, I had my interview 4.20.10,just found this card and that's the date on it.thanks wuham

then something is wrong, with USCIS office where you have yer citizenship stuff.

If 4.20.2010 is the actual, real date of issuance,

then you need to chase this down,

as

you applied properly, for the 3 year window.

I'll reread your post again, sometime today..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes it seems you have applied correctly if your Resident Since Date is 2010.

I would try to escalate the issue with the office talk to some senior in that office and might be perfect cause to talk to your senator or congressman.

If the IO was new and made mistake than they need to figure out how that mistake was going to be fixed.

Yes the lady that interviewed me for my citizenship said I filed at the right time but the guy that did my interview for my conditional greencard back in 2010 was new and didn't know what he was doing,that was her exact words.so basically he forgot to write down the date he approved me and 9months later when I didn't get my card and made an info pass,she said probably then the supervisor gave him my document and he put that date which was 9months later in my file.they made there error in the office and I have to be paying for there mistakes :( so basically I have to refile for my greencard over again and then wait to file for my citizenship!!! All because of there mistakes :(

Timeline

I think there's another option. Give me a bit o time to think about it.

It will involve the USCIS Ombudsman's office, so read up a bit on how to interact with the Ombudsman's office.

Thank u harsh,I know,they should be able to fix it.she said don't even bother to make an info pass because they won't help you. I'm just waiting to see what the denial letter will say.its just really frustrating.if I had done something wrong then I would be mad at myself but I done everything right.i don't know how I would have known that the guy messed up my file and others.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.